Moving Prestashop from subdomain to full domain

Hi i currently have a live website connected to a shop. subdomain (built here because the full.com address had an old site on) I would like to move this out of public_html/shop to public_html is iot as straight forward as copying and pasting into the public_html and changing config.inc.php and changing the domain details in back office?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi Creative,

All you have to do is login in to the Prestashop BO, under the Preferences > SEO & URL, change the shop domain to whatever your new domain is:

Shop Domain: www.domain.com

SSL Domain: www.domain.com
Base URI: /

Log out of Prestashop BO and move all the files in your subdomain to your public_html folder. Then the only things you need to do is:

1. Check the paths of any cron jobs are still correct

2. Update any .tpl files that may have the old path in (footer.tpl, etc.)
3. Probably also worth regenerating your sitemap as well if you have Google Sitemap module installed

I can't think of anything else, hope that helps, let us know how you go.

DM

managed to fix issue with URL's by turning off friendly urls then re-enabling.

thanks very much for the help and really do appreciate it, prestashop has a great community!

This is why you should log into the back office and update the SEO and URL page (domain and base URL) after moving the site.  The .htaccess file will be re-created and you will avoid the 404 issues you have

Just going to quickly summarise the solution incase anyone else has a similar query.

1- Moved old shop from public_html to public_html/XOLD

2- Accessed shop.mydomain.com back office to change URL of site in Preferences -> SEO & URL's

3- Moved files from public_html/shop (shop.mydomain.com) to public_html

4- Regenerated and submitted sitemap to Google

EASY!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I moved my site from a addon domain or something, Host had a domain and i had other domains on same host

I have moved site to be the main domain

But i have a major issue which i can not fix

Fatal error: Uncaught PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Exception\LocalizationException: No decimal pattern found for numbering system: in /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/src/Core/Localization/CLDR/Locale.php:219 Stack trace: #0 /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/src/Core/Localization/Specification/Factory.php(60): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\CLDR\Locale->getDecimalPattern() #1 /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/src/Core/Localization/Locale/Repository.php(182): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Specification\Factory->buildNumberSpecification(Object(PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\CLDR\Locale), 3, true) #2 /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/src/Core/Localization/Locale/Repository.php(149): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Locale\Repository->getNumberSpecification('en-US') #3 /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/classes/controller/Controller.php(189): PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Localization\Locale\Repository->getLocale('en-US') #4 /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/classes/controller/FrontController.php(271): ControllerCore->init( in /home/pdyzcgpn/public_html/src/Core/Localization/CLDR/Locale.php on line 219

Where do i start with this