Upgrading Prestashop to 1.6.1.1. and some additional work in the website..

adamthomson123

1. We want to upgrade from 1.6.0.11 to Prestashop 1.6.1.1 ( Latest Version). The upgrade must be 100 % Successful. As we have tried many times but it gives error at the near end. and because of that failure, Now when we try to upload a new product's images, an error comes cannot create additional images. this error will be automatically solved when the upgrade will be successful. and because of that also, We are facing "404 Error" Page not Found. ( This error comes many times when, we login in the back end, when server is busy or website is slow, when we try to edit the orders, when we try to send a message to customer, when we try to upload a product, when we try to change order status, and many other occasions). it is never successfully upgraded. We have more than 1200 products in our database and we don't want to loose any data from that database.So the data must be kept safe while trying to upgrade or roll-back.

2. we want to associate product categories with their size. we want to associate Size ( Single) to Category (Single) and Size (Double) to Category (Double). because all sizes have different prices. So I want to Show the exact size price in the related category. Because when a customer clicks on category (Double Mattress) products coming with the prices of single and then customer have to select the size from product page. I want to show the exact size price with exact size category.for example
A Product Name is : Jazz Mattress ( Comes in Different Sizes, Mentioned Below)
Sizes: Single, Double, King Size. ( I want to associate each size with each category, Categories Mentioned Below)
Categories: Single Mattresses, Double Mattresses, KingSize Mattresses. ( Another Easy Way to Explain, My Requirements)
Product Name:             Sizes:                                      Categories:

JAZZ Mattress =====> Single ==================> Single Mattresses

Double =================> Double Mattress 

Kingsize =================> Kingsize Mattress.

Edited by adamthomson123 (see edit history)