Hide categories in top menu by user group

Hello, 

we have excluded some categories to some specific user groups using the apposite backend options, now we would like to hide these categories from top menu module to that user groups. Is it possible? How can the code be changed to get this result?

Our PS version is 1.6.0.9

Thanks in advance.

Mhhh this is not implemented in prestashop as far as i know.

You schould alter module "blocktopmenu" so you can add user groups to each categorie so its not displayed for these users.

i was wronge:

1. Go to your back office

2. Catalog -> Categories

3. Edit a category (which should be accessible for specif user groups)

4. Scroll down and change "Group access"

Enjoy prestashop

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Crezzur, thanks for your reply.

We already did this. Now the user group with limited access can go in the category page but they will see an error message, due their limited access.

What we want to do now is to hide the links of these categories from top menu to this specific user group: how can the code be changed to get this results? 

Alternatively I was thinking about duplicate the top menu module and show different menus for any user group.

Anyone can help?

Edited by nomealternativo (see edit history)

Please I need some help. My product attribute combinations not working, they show of the front website and are correctly configured on the back end since they had been working fine before today. No the price stays the say no matter the combination chosen and when adding to cart the only attributes added are the default attributes of the product.

Please I need some help soon. I had to disable payment module to prevent customers from ordering.

link www.nkflyer.com and once on the site you can try any product combination to see the error I am describing here.

• 8 months later...