Change reference on all my products

kellmann

Question

Hi,

I recently started building a webshop using the cloud solution. I have A LOT of products that all have the same price and attributes (there are also a lot of attributes). So I created one product and just made duplicates. The only thing needed was a different product name/description, reference and image. Problem is that all of the attributes have the reference from the first product I created, and this has been duplicated as well - and I just realized this yesterday. I have up until now created 246 products, all of them with the same reference as the first one.

Is there any way to change all of the attribute references without having to go through each and everyone of them? Each product has 122 attributes, so the math is 246 x 122 = 30012 attributes - 122 (the first product) = 29890 different attributes that all need to be changed.

I know how I could do this automatically by writing a simple php script, but since I can't access the mysql database, this is worthless  :(

Any ideas?

/Carl

5 answers to this question

As best I can as I'm replying from my phone.

Sql query on the prsd_product_attributes table

UPDATE prsd_product_attributes

SET reference='';

That will remove the reference from every row of the table.

You may have to play with it a little as it was a few hours ago and I'm no longer on the laptop to double check the syntax and table names.