Test PrestaShop 1.6.1.2 RC4

Xavier Borderie

Today we are releasing the fourth Release Candidate version of version 1.6.1.2.

Download it here: https://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions

Let’s be honest here: the RC2/RC3 was quite a mess, with last-minute issues which forced us to repackage the whole thing – twice! Turns out several pull-requests were merged at the last minute in order to fix more issues in this version, and these PR were not as thoroughly tested as they should have been.

So this RC4 took a bit more time than usual, all the while featuring much less changes than the previous RCs: we took the time to revise our workflow, have more eyes look at the code before it was merged, and merged fewer PRs in order to keep the RC focused.
This is actually a workflow which we intend to put in place for all our patch release: have less PR per patch release, while allowing us to make more regular patch releases altogether – remember that patch releases are just easy/small fixes, so an update to a patch release will always be easy, and won’t break anything in your current version.
Continuing on that thought, having more focused patch version should allow us to skip the RC period altogether, keeping it only for minor and major versions.

Of note: this RC4 features PR 4330, which is an attempt to fix the slowness issue that’s been plaguing PrestaShop 1.6 for several months now (the issue where the Save buttons would spin and be available for a larger-than-necessary amount of time). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us your feedback on this fix!

This is the fourth release candidate for 1.6.1.2, and NOT the final, production-ready code! This is still a test version, and is therefore not yet deemed suitable for production use. Hence, do not upgrade your store just yet! Install the RC4 on your server (on as many server configurations as possible, please!), or upgrade from a clone of your real store.

Read the rest of the article on the Build devblog.

• Like 3

Hi,

I tried the 1.6.1.2 RC4, and the spinning buttom has been reduced, now they are 7-8 seconds spinning instead of 18 seconds.

The real problem now is the warehouse, the supplier orders don't add stock in the last step, this worked fine some old version of prestashop.. What is it happening?

Just been testing the RC4 for a few minutes, and so far this release candidate is the best one I have been testing for quite a while (regarding the issues I have been struggling with). I even managed to smoothly install it on our low specced hotel without errors. (though I'm not sure if it was a lucky shot or not:) Out of the box the save buttons in product editing enables after 3-4 seconds, which i think is a huge improvement, and within a reasonable timeframe. The timeframe increase to about 7-8 seconds when I turn on force compile and caching off.

Thumbs up from Norway!

Elvis

I did however encounter this problem a few times today (suddenly it saved fine): When trying to change the settings under prefrences->general i ended up with an error: 

The website encountered an error while retrieving: xxx/index.php?controller=AdminPreferences&token=32ce3725f6eef413e1ec0943ce965797. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Reload this webpage
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
Edited by Izraelviz (see edit history)
  • Like 1