PayPal Module Not Listing Expiration Dates Past 2019

hankenim

My PayPal Pro module will not list dates past 2019 in the drop down menu. I am on PayPal Pro version 1.2.3. We were told from PayPal that it was not an issue with them, but with our module.

How can I changed this so that it can update with future dates? We are losing customers because people with newer cards cannot put in their cards.

Edited by hankenim (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

We have the same issue. We purchased the module directly from Prestahsop addons, and they told me the same thing - they did not develop the module so they can't help. There is no newer version. I would like to remove the old expiration dates (they start at 2011!) and add ones past 2019. It seems like it should be a simple fix if I knew what file to edit.

Carolyn

Well, I thought for a moment that I had found a solution.

Under Modules > PaypalPro I edited the following line paypalpro.php:

{section name=date_y start=11 loop=20}

I just changed the 11 to 16 figuring it would then start at 2016. Wasn't sure if it would do anything for the 2019 issue since if it's supposed to start at 2011 and loop 20 times, the expiration date should go past 2019, which it obviously does not.

Well, that generated all sorts of errors as soon as I went to the payment page. This seems like something that could be fixed easily. Any ideas?

Carolyn

well, if they did not develop the module, then who did?  sounds like Prestashop is either lying to you, or not providing enough information to say who did develop the module.

the change you made seems appropriate, but without being able to see the code or the errors you received, i can't be of much help. 

just remember, i don't have access to this paid module, I didn't purchase it.  so I can't blindly help you.  Start with providing the specific errors you received..

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I actually went back to my original receipt and it provides no information on who developed the module...

Regarding my change, it does actually work - I had the wrong file extension (*smacking head*) it was a .tpl file, not .php,  so I had actually overwritten the wrong file. With the correct file extension my change worked.

This of course does not address why the dates stop at 2019. The block of code is this:

------------------------------

------------------------------------------------
    <select name="x_exp_date_y">

{section name=date_y start=11 loop=20}

<option value="{$smarty.section.date_y.index|escape}">

20{$smarty.section.date_y.index|escape}

</option>

{/section}

</select>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the date should loop 20 times and go past 2019. It does not, and when I tried changing loop=20 to loop=9, the expiration year drop-down shows nothing.

Would it help to send you the whole file?

Thanks for the response! I actually went back to my original receipt and it provides no information on who developed the module...

I guess my point is, if you purchased this module on the addons store, shouldn't the addons support team be responsible for informing you who did create the module?  Why do you care who created it?  Each module also has an 'author', so if you open the main module file and search for author, that should give you something. 

Was the module removed from the addons store? 

As for the code, i believe the way that works, is that it loops 20 times, however you are starting at the "11th" instance of the loop, instead of 1.  So it only loops 9 or 10 times.  1-10 are skipped.

So you could change 11 to 16, but then it will only loop like 4 times (16, 17, 18, 19), so if you want more, then increase 20 to like 30

Hi,

Thank you again for the response! I did ask the addon team if they could give me info on who created it and I received no response. And yes, it has been removed from the addon store.

What you said about the loop makes sense and would explain why it went blank when I set it to 9. I won't be back where I can access there file until much later today but will try your suggestion as soon as I am back. Will let you know what happens!

Thank you again

Carolyn

Hi again,

I can't believe I neglected to come back and let you know what happened - your fix worked perfectly!! Thank you very much - now the module works perfectly with up to date expiration dates! You just saved me $150 on a new payment module!

Many thanks!!