Flat Rate Shipping

service8

Hi all,

My Prestashop 1.6.0.14 sells windscreen repair systems and consumable items/tools. www.windscreenrepairkits.com.au

I am wanting to offer a flat rate express shipping option for all items except for the "complete windscreen repair systems". The complete systems weigh appox 11kg and shipping rates can varie quite a bit depending on location in Australia.

I am running an Australia Post Module, however, it seems to make up the pricing as it goes for the smaller items. It does great estimating for the larger full systems though. I currently have the module set up to calculate shipping by weight (Perhaps this is complicating things?), However, Australia Post has Express options far cheaper in real life than the Module calculates. People are aware of this and this puts me in a dispute with customers regarding shipping pricing as they think we are taking advantage of them.

Ideally it would nice to have the Australia Post module estimate/calculate shipping for the full systems and offer another flat rate option for all other items. 

I never thought setting a simple task could involve all this messing about.

Anyway, I am happy to contract it out if anyone has a solution/suggestion. I would rather pay someone an hour to fix it rather than spend countless hours researching how.

Thanks in advance.

Michael