Using my current SSL

Guest DavesTea

Question

Guest DavesTea

Hi all, me again!

I currently use an SSL certificate by GlobalSign on my domain name of davestea.co.uk, you can see this at the foot of my current website via that domain.

When I have completed the look and setup of my PrestaShop Cloud site, and have redirected my domain of davestea.co.uk to my new PrestaShop Cloud site, can I also transfer my current GlobalSign SSL or do I have to buy another one via the PrestaShop Cloud backend?  I would rather keep my current GlobalSign one as it expires in 2016.

Can you tell me if this is possible and how to transfer it over?

Thanks again!

David

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Unfortunately you can't use an SSL certificate you bought elsewhere.

The certificate needs to be installed on the server side and it's not possible to install a certificate you already have.

If you still want to protect your shop, you'll have to get a new SSL certificate directly from your customer account on PrestaShop.com

Best regards.

Let us understand better: If I want an SSL certificate to run on prestashop cloud i need to buy it directly from my account panel?
So if I have a Domain name bought from my registrar, I can't buy an SSL from them to use it on my subdomains (example https://shop1.mydomain.com and https://shop2.mydomain.com), but I need to buy 2 SSL certificates on my account panel?

Best regards

Hello,

Unfortunately you can't use an SSL certificate you bought elsewhere.

The certificate needs to be installed on the server side and it's not possible to install a certificate you already have.

If you still want to protect your shop, you'll have to get a new SSL certificate directly from your customer account on PrestaShop.com

Best regards.

alguien me dice como desactivar el ssl en prestashop cloud