tuk66

Not all words are indexed

Question

For example, factura, facturas, facture, factures are not indexed in recent days. Why?

21 answers to this question

It's still the same! I think everyday around 9AM (GMT) indices are recreated. It means that searching is regularly unusable.

Can someone responsible to say a word about it? Can be this action performed at night?

Any progress? This issue repeats over and over again.

Looks like it's something timey winey we can't reproduce it clearly. So, the issue is here, but for the moment we don't know what is causing it... We may upgrade the forums in the coming months, so that's something we are taking in consideration: having a better and more reliable search function.

... we can't reproduce it clearly.

Really? What about to choose one keyword and search it every 5 minutes by cron? Then you can analyze the problem. I believe.

Now, it is 21/12/2015 and the latest posts for keywords: invoice, factura, facture, rechnung, pdf are on 10/12/2015. Of course, the index is wrong. These keywords are very common and occur every day.

Edit: date changed from 21/12. Is anybody there?

Hi, we've made some changes on the search function - well, a script was bugged. Looks like it is working now: please post your findings if any!

It's still the same! I think everyday around 9AM (GMT) indices are recreated. It means that searching is regularly unusable.

Can someone responsible to say a word about it? Can be this action performed at night?

It is here again!

Passed an additional 12 days. Still the same. Can you pleeeease respond, and rather solve it?

Hello tuk66,

I've reported this issue to the web team. We're going to look into it, thank you for pointing out this issue.

Thank you so much for responding after 3 weeks. I greatly appreciate it.

Anyway, searching is partly functional for about 1 month. You know how to turn people away from the forum!

Your problem seems to be solved, whatever the reason was - index or bad word list.

Another problem is still there: Try to search your own content! Content search currently seems to be restricted to exactly 1 year back.

Nothing has changed from my point of view.

Today is 28/06 and the search results for 'pdf' are:

24/06
01/06
26/05
21/05 2 times
19/05
18/05 8 times
17/05 2 times

This word is posted almost every day. The index is wrong during the last month.

I see. This issue is not important.

Posts are not indexed for almost 2 months. I'm repeating it again - for 2 months! Great! Well done!

Hello tuk66,

I've reported this issue to the web team. We're going to look into it, thank you for pointing out this issue.

Any news?

Hello tuk66,

I confirm you that the issue has been fixed! :) We're sorry for the inconvenience.