EarlMax

where does the customer come from ?

Hi there,

I want to find out when a customer orders something where they come from ie. google, bing, forum or facebook,

Is there a module for that ?

yea, just go back office, STATS/ down on left in navigation menu VISTOR ORGINS...

should be real simple..

should be real simple..

Nothing more frustrating than a snarky reply that is not even close to what was asked. All that shows is top 10 websites. They want to know where a customer came from. A search engine, a forum, blog or whatever. It's important to know what marketing avenues you use are working the best. Hence, where did they come from and how...

If you look at the order itself it gives a vague idea at bottom under connections: Direct, google, etc. Not very detailed, no. Especially direct. Can be anything

For starters I would sign up to a tracker like statcounter. You can go in and see search terms used or referring pages. Clunky but lots of details there. Be so much better if you could just click on order and see exactly where they came from. I used to see that info in the BO under customers below customers name. Would show sorce and/or search term. But not now. I upgraded to 1.4.10 so not sure if that was it or maybe I used to have a mod. Been a couple years since setup so cannot recall. It was handy. Not sure why it's gone or how I had it before.

Was searching for info as well and landed here. Cannot seem to find any info on why it no longer shows under customer. Or why it did. Having detailed customer info as to what brought them to you is important. As noted a tracker like google analytics or statcounter is quit useful to research your traffic. Just not as quick and handy as seeing it in BO

Edited by merlin-1 (see edit history)