password of downloadable product in customer's email

hi all

is it possible to send password of a downdable product (zip password)to the customer after receiving payments? i hv a product which is a zip file and password protected (unique) for every product. then i just want to send the password of the zip fle after payment is made and send it to the customers email address.

do i need a custom email for every product ?

regards
archproject

You would need to read the file with the passwords, and in the email next to each product (assuming they can buy more than one) add the appropriate password.

The order confirmation email is send from /classes/PaymentModule.php, it is also being prepared there (formatting wise) so that's where you wopuld want to add you code modification.

I don't really understand what you are saying. can you elaborate more. I just started to use Prestashop and was using OSCommerce before. I thought OScommerce is much much better that oscommerce so i am trying to use it . Ok let me explain more.
I have a product which is downloadable. which can only be downloaded once since every one product has different information. and Every one product has a unique password(zip password) so when a customer purchases one product they will be able to download the zip file but cannot open the zip file without the password. So i send the password to their email with their payment confirmation or something.

what you are saying is that there's a custom email for every product ? am i correct? if it is where do i access it ? I really can't find it in the catalog tab.

regards
archproject

No, There is one email the is sent per order.

In it all the products that you bought are listed one in each line.

You would want to modify the code so that each line of a downloadable product has the password next to it.