Set default country as pre-selected country on customer registration address

Hi all,

My default country is the UK, yet when someone from the UK signs up, the United States is pre-selected. I've tried the override suggested here but it didn't do anything.

So is there a way to make the UK the default country for the address field for new customer registrations?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CP.

Anyone?

I'd have thought this setting would be active once the localization had been set. Since one is likely to have the majority of customers registering from your home country.

Surely, the default country should be pre-set at registration?

Is this not possible to set?

CP.

Hello

Totally agree with you and it's something I have googled for a while to try to solve.

Their have been many suggestions on how to do this and quite a few answers but none seem to work.

I know it's possible to do as many UK sites already have the UK in first position on a country dropdown.

You would have that this could and should be set in the back office, I think that maybe it's there but does not work.

Perhaps a dev could make a module

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Forget the codes and programming. The solution is very simple.

Location --- Countries --- edit country and simply add a space before the name of the country who wish to appear first in the customer registration
Greetings from Chile ;)
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

I had same problem.

Localization > Localization
Configuration
Change the setting 'Set default country from browser language' to No

Despite living outside of US the default language of a lot of browsers is often set to English (United States), thus it overrides your default country setting.

1.6.0.11 here, this solves my problem. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had same problem.

Localization > Localization
Configuration
Change the setting 'Set default country from browser language' to No

Despite living outside of US the default language of a lot of browsers is often set to English (United States), thus it overrides your default country setting.

It's been a while but, THANKS A LOOOOT!!

v.1.6.1.10

Edited by oscarfox01 (see edit history)

I run my Geo Targeting Pro module on my own shop, with OPC module.

With a little tweak to OPC module to use standard 'visitor cookie country', so for example I am currently in Colombia S. America.  Opening an incognito window and proceeding to check out 'Colombia' is selected.

https://www.screencast.com/t/ipK6rOTxe

The problem with other solutions is one is guessing, when we localize on visitors IP country we can create a better visitor experience, language/currency/prices/taxes...however  PS shipping does 'not' localize 'at all' on visitor country cookie, I solved this with Shipping Commander.

Happy PrestsShopping

• Like 1