tomerg3

[MODULE] Attribute Wizard Pro - Create unlimited attributes & combinations, choose frm 7 input types

Oh I;ve clearly made a huge mistake *P45 in the post* lol

Do you guys produce a project that does filter products within a category (like it does with price by default)?

I must have done something wrong because I have a size attribute and the different sizes dont appear in order, they are ordered alphabetically.... any ideas?

If you have any issues with this module, please email us directly (from the site), and provide information on your site (PS version, module version) and a link to see the problem.

OK, I think I know where the problem is, when youre in a product the attribute list I want it on the right side of the picture instead of at the bottom of the page, I placed {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} where i want it to be shown and avoiding form tags.. but I can just see the default attribute selection from Prestashop and not the one from Attribute Wizard Pro, maybe Im missing something stupid..

Make sure you copied FrontController.php to the override folder, and that you transplant the module to the new hook (make sure to remove from the existing hook - ProductFooter).

Hi I bought your plugin today and I have one problem, it always add to cart the default value of attribute - no matter what value I select from radios or selectbox.

* I rewrote all files and have all options green in installation section
* Presta 1.4.3
* ajax cart enabled
* {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} used form my own position (not in form tag)

Any ideas? Thank you

Send us an email from the site, include a link to the product page (and change the hook to the original)

Send us an email from the site, include a link to the product page (and change the hook to the original)

hi . how to to use rar or zip for upload. where to edit .

Also i cannot hook in product page .

i removed from product footer

and added code in header.php

and product.tpl . which is your mention in that plugin.

also see attachment . how to remove column in attributes box

49260_nDWo1CUpmIThf7ItDIQh_t

When you set an attribute group as file upload (in the configuration page), the setting section below it has the option to specify extension (the default is gif|png|jpg)

After you hook the module to the new place, you should remove it from the old hook (ProductFooter)

(tried to contact you via Presto-Changeo site, but kept on getting an error message, so here it is)

I ran into a problem when trying to transplant the module. I have done everything you've listed - all files uploaded, transplant module to new hook, remove module from product footer, place {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} to exactly where I wanted, made sure my module / hook is not in form tag.

I wanted the module to appear right above product detail area (NOT on the right side of the product picture, but between product picture/buy and product detail), but after all necessary changes were made, all I can see is the pre-existing attribute selection (in both design and location) from PrestaShop (which appears right next to the picture and right above the buy button).

I've tried everything I can think of to get it to appear the way I wanted, but ended up messing up my site even more,and eventually have to reinstalled my backup file (prior to having the module installed). I am going to install the module and try to transplant it again today, but really want to get your feedback on this issue prior to doing it.

I have prestahop 1.4.2.5 and use Black&White;template (which i've heavily modified). Is there anything I am missing here?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you
1) Copy FrontController.php override class
2) Transplant the module from the positions page to the new hook.
3) Add the new ($HOOK} to the product.tpl file (not inside a <form> tag.
4) Clear the smarty cache (turn on force recompile in BO->Preferences->Performance).

Thanx for your speedy reply.

One more question, when attribute is set to required text field, the module is still allowing customers adding product to cart w/out entering any information in the required text fields... any solution to that?

I would need to see the page, send a contact message from our site and include a link to the product page.

V1.3.7 released

* Support for PS 1.4.4

* New option not to overrider "Add to Cart" with Customize".

V1.3.7 released

* Support for PS 1.4.4

* New option not to overrider "Add to Cart" with Customize".

Can you Tell me More info about ( New option not to overrider "Add to Cart" with Customize". )

thank you

Hi,

i purchased and installed Attribute Wizard Pro on a local machine (Prestashop Version 1.4.1.0) and noticed that this module overwrites THE ABILITY to NOT order products which are NOT IN STOCK! IF i turn off the module everythings works as it was and product.tpl hides the add to cart button if product quantity is <= 0.

So i need this module to hide the "add to card" button if product quantity <=0

Any suggestions to solve this Problem?

Best Regards

johnme: befoer that version, the add to cart button was replaced with customize, after clicking customize (or changing any attribute selection) the button would change to "add to cart". Now you can keep it as add to cart.

Mailman: please contact us from our site for any support issues https://www.presto-changeo.com/en/contact_us

We are in the final test stages of a new version which includes:

1) Edit products that are in the cart.

2) Hide / Disable attributes that are out of stock.

If you have the module and want to get a pre-release and help us test, contact us (https://www.presto-changeo.com/en/contact_us)

How many attributes does this module support ? Does it support more then 20k attributes ? for Presta 1.4.3.0-1.4.x ?

btw: are updates free?

Do you mean 20k attribute per product?

We have over 500 shops using this module, and have no had anyone reach a limit for attribute per product.

The module works on any 1.4+ version, and is usually updated within a week of a new release.

Update are free if the price of the module is the same, otherwise you just pay the difference.

Hi Tomer! Is this a different version than you had sent me last week? if so, I'd like the very latest please! Thank you Elyssa

It has a few minor changes, I just sent you the latest.

Still looking for a couple more user to test out the latest update.

Yes, but you would have to customize the import tool to create the combinations the way the module uses them rather than the default way Prestashop creates them.

Hello,

I'm a programmer and I need to support the additional product price that depends on customization field text value.

Can you, please, advice me how to make it easy with prestashop or with your module?

Can you be more specific about what you need?

Do you want to assign a price impact (increase or decrease) if a customer enters any text in a textbox, or is it more complex (IE charge per letter)?

V1.4 released, it includes:

* Added the ability to edit products from the cart.

* Added the ability to hide / disable out of stock products.

* Fix product thumbnail to match the combination image (when adding to cart).

* Fix for price impact / taxes (include / exclude).

* Added automatic upgrade notification.

* Updated French translations.

You have to mark the attribute group as "Color Group" (Catalog->Attributes and Groups->Edit the attribute group).

Then you can edit each individual attribute in that group and assign a color / image (texture).

The module will display those images next to each attribute.

Hi Tomer thanks for your help getting this set up its look really good.

Just wondering if there is a quick way to add all my colour options for a product in one go? Im adding them all to the the box up to top and then selecting add this combination which is far faster than the old way. But I still have 67 colours options to add and its very slow doing this for every product.

thanks

@idoityourself you should look into a Combination CSV import. This will solve having to individuality add attributes to each product.

Can anyone help me with this situation I am having trying to add attributes through a combination CSV file?

The problem I am having:

• Wholesale Override Issue
    • Is there a way to add the price of the wholesale attribute with the original product pricing? Instead it's overriding the product pricing with the attribute pricing.

idoityourself: You umay be able to use the "Copy Attributes" option in the module, it let you copy all the attributes from one product to another.

We are currently working on a Mass Attribute Combination Editor (if you want to beta test, you can contact us),

The next version of the module will let you add new combinations much easier and faster.

Hi tomerg3, I need your help.

Selection of combinations the product price changes on the page, but after purchase product in the shopping cart, the product goes to the old price (base price). Do you have any idea what causing it?

V1.4.1 released, it includes:

* Support for PS 1.4.5.

* Fix for thumbnail in cart.

* Added Dutch translations.

* Fix for potential encoding issues in PS 1.3 and lower.

Hi,

I'm really interested in this module to purchase; just need quick clarification:

- Can we add price impact to text fields? if yes, can we have it on per character basis i.e. first 50 characters free then charge £5 (just an example of requirement)

- and obviously there would be a control on how many max characters could be typed in that particular text field!

You can add a price impact for a text field, but not per character (you would have to modify the module to work by character).

The module had the ability for a max limit on text box and text area,

• Like 1

You can add a price impact for a text field, but not per character (you would have to modify the module to work by character).

The module had the ability for a max limit on text box and text area,

Thanks for your prompt response; we'll investigate further how best we can use this module before going forward with purchase. Cheers.

Hi, is there a way to increase the character limit to a textarea with AWP? It seems there is a limit of about 200 characters and I need it to be much more than that

thanks

There is no limit (unless you set it in the configuration page next to the attribute group name).

Hi guys :) i'm working on the display of the module on product page.

I got a question.. I'm a newbie in php and variables display so I ask you! :)

I just want to display the 'attribute_name_item' that customer have selected..

See image.. Which code use? Thanks a lot !

post-292859-0-15924900-1320148505_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the css styling of the module in the front end. I've set up the module to display the attribute combinations as required my problem is that when somw of the attribute names take up two lines as apposed to one line the images are thrown out of line.

Is there a specific line of the css code that I need to change be able to display all the images in line with each other?

I have included the following link to demonstrate the above query, under the attribute title of 'framing options' :

http://www.weddingtableplanners.co.uk/product.php?id_product=16

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi tomerg3,

I can't get into the demo AWP site, so I explain my scenario if you can say me if your module can solve my specifications.

So, my products has diferent kind of attributes that PrestaShop accept, but I have a very specific attribute that Prestashop can't accept. This attribute (serie) must be realted with other (color), but don't have to be selected by the user, because it only modify the price and user don't care about it.

Example:

Size 1, Serie 1, White

Size 1, Serie 2, Yellow

Size 2, Serie 1, White

So the user don't have to select the "Serie", they only have to select the "Size" and the "Color". I have to put "Serie" attribute because it determines the price of about 20 colors, and it can be used to update the prices every year, and don't have to change the prices for every color.

So, I supose that with your module I can set de "Serie" attribute with a "Textarea" non editable, isn't it?

Thanks,

Bloo: your site is in maintenance mode...

Cort: I don't think what you're trying to do will work.

1) You cannot have connected attributes with AWP, any attribute you assign can be selected with any other attribute (We plan on allowing that in a future release).

2) Even if you hide a textarea, or disable it, no impact will be added to it, as it will not have any user input.

Tomer et son module sont juste incroyables.

Je recommande franchement!

Totalement disponible en cas de problèmes ca vaut vraiment le coup!!

20/20!!!

Alizée G.

this module is realy big and perfect module. prestashop problem is if you add a lot atribuses per product product page is broked. but this module solved this problem. tomer fast repy for module help. Do not doubt .

thanks tomer.

Best Regards

safa

This module is a great and useful module. However, there are some problem with configuration.

(i am using Prestashop 1.4.1)

1. Order & Attribute Order does not rearrange after i made the changes.

2. New orders are not received by both of customer and merchant after installing the module. The solution will be to install another module "mailalerts" to solve the problem.

3. Regarding cashondelivery/validation.php appeared blank page after order confirmation. The blank page problem seems to be from PaymentModule.php that you provided v(1.4.1), it work fine after replacing with v(1.4.0).

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you :)

Hi, small feature request, possibility to upload large image for attribute and generate thumbnail for attribute view. Click on image will show uploaded large version using lightbox.

In current version are thumbnails not generated so the full size image is just showed smaller only by usign img tag attributes (width, height) and it is not good for eshop bandwidth performance...

btw: thanks for great plugin! :)

We'll add it to the "wish-list" for this module, however, that list is very very long, and we order it by date requested and the number of requests, so it may take a while.

You can contact us for a custom job if you need it sooner.

Is the current version compatible with PS 1.4.5.1?

Is it possible to keep the old fashioned Presta way of displaying attributes but have your eminent way of handling it?

The module supports the latest version of PS, we normally release a new version a few days after a stable release of PS (you can see the change log in the product page on our site).

The module comes with a custom hook, which you can place anywhere on the page (as long as it's not inside a <form> tag)

V1.4.2 released, it includes:

* Support for PS 1.4.6.

* Fix for adding the same product with attributes to the cart (was showing as a new product rather than update the quantity).

* Fix for price difference display for checkbox, textbox, textarea and file upload.

* Fix for special characters being added to the cart (+ ').

* Fix for quantity / price update in top nav (blockuserinfo) when block cart is not active.

Hi Tomerg3,

I tried to find an answer myself in the 18 pages of tihs topic but I didn't succeed :-)

I've just bought your module! Seems to be exactly what I expected... But (because there is always a "but" ;-), when I edit a personnalized text product, I have some HTML tag which appear. Like on the screenshot below:

screenshot2dy.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help and your time.

Cheers,

Gregg

We'll add it to the "wish-list" for this module, however, that list is very very long, and we order it by date requested and the number of requests, so it may take a while.

You can contact us for a custom job if you need it sooner.

Yes I would love this also - thanks for a great module, and looking forward to more.

V1.4.3 released

* Fix for file uploads with spaces or special characters.

* Fix for file upload display in Orders Admin interface.

* Fix for cart quantity change (PS 1.3 & 1.2)

Hi Tomer,

I have modified all the parameters of the shop (and some functions as i explained in other post) for the shop to show and work with 3 decimals (or more).

Finally i got working 3 decimals in home, modules and category &product-list (and also cart&summary, all excep product page, witch shows 3 decimals while loading the page and when it finnaly loads, it show 3 decimals but rounding finally to 2 (Ex, 0,456 converts to 0,460 when page finally loads).

Please notice me if the module uses an internal function to round price in product page to change it from 2 to 3.

Thanks & Best Regards.

There are price calculations in attributewizardpro/js/awp_product.js I don't remember off the top of my head where exactly, but the module uses a custom function to calculate the price.

There are price calculations in attributewizardpro/js/awp_product.js

Thanks for the trail, that's was the problem, function ps_round have the decimals coded statically to 2.

For record proposes here is the code if someone in the future will need it:

if (!displayPrice && !noTaxForThisProduct)
       {
           var productPrice = ps_round(taxExclPrice * tax, 3);
           if (specific_price)
               productPriceWithoutReduction = ps_round(productPriceWithoutReduction * tax, 3);
       }
       else
       {
           var productPrice = ps_round(taxExclPrice, 3);
           if (specific_price)
               productPriceWithoutReduction = ps_round(productPriceWithoutReduction, 3);
       }

Best Regards.

Since the combinations are dynamic in this module, you cannot use reference on an attribute level, only 1 for the entire product

Hi again Tomerg,

I'm trying to modify the module to dinamically update product price regarding some data in new tables i created.

I'm looking in the code at awp_product.js to 'hack' the call to ps_product_attribute.price and change it for a calculated value.

I would be very gratefull if you could give me some light in where to search/replace code.

Thanks very much in advance.

awp_get_total_prices() is responsible for the product price (awp_product.js), but this is only for the front end.

When you add to cart, the price is then recalculated (to ensure no one hacks it to lower a price) in combination_json.php

Petite question concernant la gestion des stocks aux utilisateurs du module.

Peut-on désactiver les stocks en fonction des attributs ?

Je m'explique :

J'ai un produit avec une taille et une couleur qui doit être géré en stock (car on ne peut pas tout avoir en stock malgré la croyance des clients).

Le client peut personnaliser son produit avec un message, une broderie, etc ... Ces options sont payantes mais n'implique aucun changement de stock.

Est-ce que je suis clair ? Je n'en suis pas sur ... lol

Merci au courageux

Hello

I just bought this module. I wonder if I can place this configurator as one tab in the product page, exactly as the product information or datasheet tabs. I don't want the whole product info go under the configurator.

will appreciate any help.

You will have to create a new hook for it (actually two), one for the tab label and the other for the tab content.

You can look at the reviews module as an example.

The hook for the content can call the existing hookProductFooter() function.

Hi,

Is it possible to change upload url files to an other serveur.

I would like to have website in server A and to have a files upload in server B.

Prestashop 1.3

Attribute Wizard Pro v1.3

Tanks.

I assume you mean the files uploaded by customers, the answer is no, at least not without some major changes to the module.

V1.4.4 released

* Fix for incorrect out of stock error, when product availability is hidden.

* Fix for missing radio button for "No Change" to add to cart button.

* Fix for potential MYSQL error on primary index fix on PS 1.4.6

The module changes the way combinations work, they are no longer "connected" so every attribute can be selected with any other attribute.

If this doesn't suite your needs, and you need less than 1,000-3,000 combinations for each product, you should check out the regular attribute wizard (which does not change the way combinations work, and will allow for what you need).

We plan on adding the ability to have connected attributes in the future, however, it would have to be done in a smarter way, that would not require creating thousands (or hundred thousands) of combinations.

V1.4.5 released

* Support for PS 1.4.7

* Fixed alignment for multiple textboxes.

* Fixed a rare installation error (DB table not created properly).

We are selling length based products. We want our customers to able to choose lengths from 20 cm to 150 cm (a total of 150 combinations).

We also want our customers to be able to choose height at the same time, from 20 cm to 150 cm. Also 150 combinations in total.

Together this will be 22 500 combinations (150 times 150) with the default installation of Prestashop.

Will this module solve our problems with all these generated combinations?

Also, what will happen with all our combinations that we have right now, when installing this module. For example, we have a lot of products that already have 548 combinations. Will they stay unchanged and work as earlier?

Check out the FAQ tab at http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/34-attribute-wizard-pro.html it has an example of how the combinations are handled differently.

Basically, you will have at most 150 + 150 combinations, rather than 150 * 150, but it also means that stock and price impact will be per attribute option from one group, rather than 1 from each group.

You will have to redo all the combinations for products that will use this module.

You can selectively activate the module for certain products, and you can also use our regular attribute wizard for products that do not need so many combinations (which will save you re-entering them, but allow you to have a consistent look).

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer Tomer!

We've completely missed the FAQ tab.

It seems that this module could fit our needs perfectly :)

Hi there, I have a customer interested in this module. They're interested in the tax and image side of it. I've logged in to the admin area on the demo site and I'm a little confused by it.

Do you use the normal Prestashop combinations generator or do you go through Modules > AWP ?

Also,can you give each attribute on one product a different Tax rule? For example, a horse riding hat will have multiple children's and adult's sizes. In the UK, children's clothing has no VAT where as adults have VAT at 20%. My customer needs to be able to select those child sizes as no VAT on the same screen, if that makes sense.

Also, can you please explain how applying images works in your attribute module? Is it a quicker process and if so how?

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: just found the instructions on the install info in the module page, but still confused by it all! Any help would be great, thanks.

Edited by S7 Media Ltd (see edit history)

1) You use the same combination tab, just create them differently (see the FAQ tab in the product page on our site for more details on the difference).

2) No, there is no way in PS to have a different tax rate per attribute.

3) The images are applied the same way. our mass combination editor module http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/80-mass-combination-editor.html would help you there

Hi

One question - whether there are plans to add the possibility to attribute depend on each other?

Example: One product, but with attribute A has only red, white and black and attribute B has green, red, white possibilities.

• Like 1