tomerg3

[MODULE] Attribute Wizard Pro - Create unlimited attributes & combinations, choose frm 7 input types

Worked great, so I changed this (line 298):

$cur_return =  (!$first_attribute && $id_group != $last_id_group?"
":"").($id_group != $last_id_group?"".addslashes(addslashes($attribute_impact[$id_attribute]["group"]))."- ":", ").addslashes(addslashes($attribute_impact[$id_attribute]["attribute"]));

to this:

$cur_return =  addslashes(addslashes($attribute_impact[$id_attribute]["attribute"])).", ";

One more question, how might I get rid of the word Details: that shows above the list? Thanks again!

Maybe I am confused, but here is an image displaying what I am trying to get rid of. It only displays once, at the top, and does not display for each group:

37331_MK6DkYTn0MwZ55bsnnqZ_t

Rename the Public temporary attribute group that the module uses, the private name is awp_details (which must remain the same), and the public name is Details:

You may also be able to remove it completely, but I have not tried before.

Thanks Tomer! I actually commented out this line from shopping-cart-product-line.tpl and it works great:

{*if $product.attributes}getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$product.attributes|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}{/if*}

I have another question for you.. Is there a way to allow the ordering of multiple items? It seems that any product with an attribute has the quantity grayed out and set to 1.

I'm not sure I understand, you can use the quantity group as shown in the demo.

Yes, works up to 1.3.6, and a little after 1.4 Stable is ready, an update will be released for the module.

Hi,
Very interested in your module, but I have a question as I need the ablility to add attributes between to values say 400 two 600 in 5 increments. The value entry does not need to be automatic as we can enter manually. The values would be displayed in a drop down.

e.g

etc

If this is possible, could i also combine with other or this type. These options are sizes that we will use for ordering purpose and do not affect prices

Thanks

You can add as many of these are you want.

You can check out the backend demo (details in the first post), and try it out.

Make sure you read the instructions in the configuration page.

Hey Tomer,

Thank you for all your help with my installation of this module.
A truely superb after sales service much needed by a complete novice ;)

As for the module...
It's a fantastic addition which will save me roughly 8 solid days of entering attributes to all my products.
With the module i will now be able to do it in just an hour or so.
Well worth the money and i would highly recommend this module to anyone who is wanting to sell alot of products with various combinations.

Once again, many many thanks for your help.

FireHawk (Chris Norton)

hiya, I purchased the attribute wizard last yr, but Ive just upgraded to ps 1.3.1 with the matrice theme.. and its stopped working.. it doesn't show the attributes on my products at all now! Help! LOL

Emma

You need a version with support for PS 1.3.1
Email me to get the latest version (use or mention the email used to purchase the module).

Damn, since I upgraded to prestashop version 1.3.6 and upgraded AWP to the latest version my cart box doesn't show any attribute descriptions in the 'block cart instructions' area. it just shows a series of ':' colons. I've copied over the modified files 3 times now just to be sure and even re installed the module twice but I just can't get it to display in the cart box. This is very strange as everything else seems to work, any ideas anyone?

Send me an email with the FTP + BO info, I'll try to take a look in the next day or two.

Sorry, no can do. My site is very live and something like this will turn my customers away so I've reverted back to old version.

UPDATE: I now know that it must be something to do with the module core files as I've left the new 1.3.6 modified files where they are and just changed the AWP module folder back to the previous version which is quite old. It displays properly now but the old version is a bit slow :(

If I can't test it on your site, I can't help...

You can try to set up a test site and try it there.

I'm wondering if its worth it as I will soon be upgrading again once you have updated AWP module to work on prestashop 1.4 ;)

Hi people, i would like to change the style of the instructions in the cart module. I want to make a table, but a can't find the code that actually prints:

atribute: value
......(see attached)

because into the tpls (see shopping-cart-product-line.tpl, blockcart.tpl, ...) the instructions are printed as one whole variable "$instructions".

Any help would be grateful!

regards

39012_pis6XBwuoYLiatLCeSt4_t

Hi Tomer & Scottyboy.

I've noticed the same issue with the attributes not showing up in the cart... and it was due to a little hack that I introduced previously in /classes/Cart.php

sergito: The text that goes to the carts is created in combinatuion_json.php, the variable is $cur_return.

Hi, I purchased your MODULE yesterday. How can I let my customers upload a PDF file?[DONE] How can I remove quantity textinput from product page on front end like demo???

EDIT: I have more problems I think!!!!

My problem is this: I have products like printed cards that I shell by pak.e: 100 print cards costs 25 €. Moreover this cards have more attributes like size or paper type. Obviously this product is not stockable and I need the quantity hidden feature from your MODULE, the user will can add 1 pak only.

The rest of the attributes are:
Group | Attributes
Finish |Brightness, Mate, NP
Quantity | 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000
Size | 8,5 x 5,5 (Only one for the moment)
Paper type | 350 gr

The problem is that not all combinations of these attributes are valid, these are the valid combi:

C1: Finish:NP - Q:100 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 €
C2: Finish:Bright - Q:100 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 3 €
C3: Finish:Mate - Q:100 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 3€
C4: Finish:NP - Q:200 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 6€
C5: Finish:NP - Q:300 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 12€
C6: Finish:NP - Q:1000 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 24€
C7: Finish:NP - Q:2000 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> 25 € + 37€

But for example this combi is not valid:

C8: Finish:Bright - Q:300 - S:8,5x5,5 - PT:350gr --------> xxxx €

How can I implement these combinations (and only these combinations) with your module? I could do it before with prestashop.

Certainly I bought your module because I need the file upload feature (I need high resolution PDF for printed jobs). do you have any module that lets upload PDF without attribute wizard??

I need one of two solutions, can you help me??

Thanks in advance.

for problems / questions, please contact me via email (or contact form on my site).

There is no way right now to allow only certain attributes based on other other attributes, I plan on adding it to a future release.

The regular attribute wizard does not have file upload capabilities, and I don't have any other modules for it.

I think that there is some code on the forum to allow for a PDF upload with the regular PS, and I can also send you the regular attribute wizard which uses the default PS attribute structure.

Hi Starter2011, recently i adquired the module to my glasses shop and in fact i've developed a recommender based on three steps and the state of some of the attributes in the form. What you want requires many job :)

- first, you need to make a function to translate id_attribute and id_group_attribute to text like "some_attribute". this is for making easy comparisons. You achieve that making a javascript array (multidimensional) into attributewizardpro.tpl, into the "foreach" which prints the attributes and groups.

- second, you need to read the form. Into awp_product.js, function awp_add_to_cart(), the first 20 lines do that

- third, you need to handle events if you want to use javascript (that is the best option). Into attributewizardpro.tpl there are some code for each kind of input. If your attribute is a select, you need to add onchange="my_recommender_function();....."

- fourth, you need to use the translator to disable or block some attributes, based on the state of others

....and so on :)

regards

Hello,

I have buy this module, but i have a question. Can i have a quanity on the attribute and the cart because the customers like to have more than one for this product. Its to much to make a dropdown with 500 attributes and different prices. When that is not possible is there any other solution?
Thanks

Greet, Stefan

I don't really understand the question, can you please send me an email (or use the contact form) and possible provide some examples.

Hello,

I have a problem. When I make product combinations it don’t work. I have an attribute pages files with 01 and 02 and an attribute with paperweight 80 and 120. When I select pages files 01 and paperweight 80 then must the price €0.32. When I select pages file 02 and paperweight 80 then must the price €0.64. When I select pages file 01 and paperweight 120 then must the price €0.37. When I select pages file 02 and paperweight 120 then must the price €0.74. I get that combination not at work. I have try many combinations. I hope you have the solution. Thanks.

Greet, Stefan

You cannot do that with the Pro version, since the combinations don't work in this way anymore.
The main reason for the Pro version is to allow you to use unlimited attributes per product, which requires the change to combinations.

If you need a specific price per combination for 2 attributes and 2 options, you have to use the original PS combinations.

You can use the regular wizard for that, as it doesn't change the attribute system (or core files), and offers almost the same options as the pro.

If you email me, I can send you the regular version.

You can also use both modules on the same site, and assign them to different products.

V1.2.8.1 released, it includes French and Spanish translations.

39414_YHgqmkYhVRbJ8MJP2hRU_t

39415_ysooUpq0E4gQlkg4VBMk_t

A question for accessories

if accessories are existants products on the shop.
Customer wants add some satellite products by simply clicking checkbox form (like you do on your module)

But in the cart, these have to be show as product line not attribute.

Example for an ipod, accessories are cases.
So you could add the case, or a supp battery, or whatever just by clicking a check box button.

But in the cart it will be 2 distincts products : 1 ipod / 1 case

And we could go far away if we add a discount when client choose some accessories....

your module is able to do that with minor changes ?

I hope to have a version ready early next week, maybe sooner.

I am looking 2-3 people to help test the new version (should be ready this weekend), if anyone is interested, please send me an email or PM, I will send you the new version when it's ready.

I am looking 2-3 people to help test the new version (should be ready this weekend), if anyone is interested, please send me an email or PM, I will send you the new version when it's ready.

Hello Tomer,

I have 1.4 latest stable version on my local machine, I would really appreciate if you allow me to test this module... Right now I am in beta testing of my new website (www.jenils.com). I am soon going to launch my site... But If you going to release this attribute module within few days I would prefer to delay my launching... And add this magnificent module to my site.

Thanks

V1.3.1 released, it includes:

* Bug fix from version 1.3 for Prestashop lower than 1.4
* Fix for a price bug on FO for PS 1.3
* Fix for modified file for PS 1.3.7
* Fix for undefined notices.

Guest danielias

Awsome, this module rocks. I want to say thank you Tomer for all the support that you gave me.

Daniel

The Attribute Wizard Pro has been a savior on my website. I was able to create so many customization options and have it look great at the same time. Tomer was wonderful whenever I had an issue or problem. Everything was resolved in a timely manner. Great module and great customer service. I highly recommend this module.

Christine

Just want to say thanks to Tomer for this fantastic module.

Just in case some of you are wondering, it also deals with the issue of images too large in pixels.

( EDIT: huh, not completely actually, but I think it is a server configuration issue on my side)

This is absolutely a must-have and it's worth every penny!

Hi All,

Can someone point me in the right direction to get started using this? I was playing around with the demo / back office and cannot for the life of me see where the following product is edited?

http://www.presto-changeo.com/14awp/en/10-your-child-and-the-dragon-s-egg.html

Any help?

I just can't see where the product attributes/options/images/descriptions etc for this product are set up in the back end? http://www.presto-changeo.com/14awp/en/laptops/6-macbook.html

Does anyone know?

The backend demo is not for the backup site (as people like to change the attributes for the demo products).

If you have any specific questions about, let me know, I can also post a screen-shot of the combinations tab for the products.

Halo tomer,

I posted a question earlier asking how i can see de price immediately without clicking on any button and wether it is possible to click on the add to cart button and go directly to the checkout page like the original PS.
And to my surprise you removed my qeustion, can ask why?

I must have thought it was a duplicate post (sorry).

It should take you directly to the checkout page if you disable the ajax part of the add cart block, or if you don't have it altogether.

The price should show up without pressing any buttons, maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Hi tomer,

thank you for your response.
if you mean the blockcart folder in modules, then i tried removing that already.

or maybe i'm deleting the rung folder

Please send me an email with a link to a product using the module on your site.

hello, will this allow me to add attributes easily, for each group I have? For example, now in Prestashop I have to make thousands of combinations... what i want is to do this:

Create 1 group
Create 50 attributes in that group (whether it is no price change, or to have a price change for some options)
Add that group to the product as is - alone..

Then create another group
with it's own attributes (could be 20-100 options)
Add that group to the product as is - alone...

I don't want to combine group 1, item 1, with group 2, item 1 ...

I just want to create 10 groups, each having their own attributes, and just add those to the product... i don't care or want any combinations ... i just want the customer to choose whatever option from Group 1... then whatever option from Group 2.. etc.

Is this possible with this module?

And does this full integrate and work on the very latest Prestashop release?

Thank you!

Elyssa

That's how this module works, each combination can have 1 or more attributes from ONLY 1 group.
If you don't care about stock / price impact, you have have 10 combinations with attribute from each group.

The only combination that should have 1 attribute from EACH group is the default one, which is used to indicate the attributes that should be selected by default.

There is a backend demo for this module, with full instructions and examples (detail in the first post), I suggest you try it out.

Later today there will be a new version released with some bug fixes and support for PS 1.4.1

Hello Tomer,

I have Purchased this module last month and I have Latest Prestashop 1.4.1 version.

So how will I get those update?

Send me an email (once the update has been released) from the account used to purchase the module, and I'll reply with the latest version.

That is great, thank you!! yes I had played with the demo... I saw how it works.. I will test a bit more, but it looks like exactly what I need :) All I want is to add groups to each product so that each group is by itself, so if this is what it does, perfect!! And I assume that by doing it this way, it does not create THOUSANDS of database entries for products, right? Because I read somewhere that with the combinations generator it created like thousands of database entries, which slows down the database... I don't want that. I am not sure why Prestashop developed this way, it's insane for people who have 10 groups which has 100 attributes each...

Will the new update work for version 1.4.0.17 ?? this is what I have, and I don't plan to upgrade / downgrade.

Thanks so much, and I guess I'll purchase once the new update is available... it will be today for sure?? Thank you!!

Elyssa

No, but if you're using 1.4.0.17, you can get the current version and start using it.
When the update it ready I'll send it to you, it will not mess or delete anything you already loaded.

I have one more question, will this module work with my existing groups and attributes which I have added? Or will it delete what I've already added (just the group names and the attribute names)... ? Thanks!

it uses the same attribute groups and items, the only thing that is different is the way you assign combinations for each product

ok great!!!!! I was worried I'd have to enter all my attributes again, ... I wish there was a good way I could import them.. it's so annoying to do one by one, especially when i have like hundreds... thanks again!! you rock :)

V1.3.2 released, it includes:
* Support for PS 1.4.1.
* Availability display bug fix (PS 1.4).
* Price impact fix with currency conversion.
* Minimal quantity fix.
* Attribute sorting fix (PS 1.4).
* Ordering beyond the stock level fix.

V1.3.3 released, it includes:
Bug fix for attribute group description (not saved) in PS 1.4.1

hola, ¿es posible hacer un producto con varias cajas de texto para escribir la cantidad de atributos y que en el carrito aparezca como 1 solo producto?? por ejemplo vender 1 ramo de flores con 4 rosas blancas, 3 claveles rojos y 3 amarillos?

En el carro de la compra deberia salir como 1 ramo de flores de 4 rosas blancas, 3 claveles rojos y 3 amarillos. El precio del ramo sera la suma del precio de las 10 flores

¿que precio tiene adaptar el modulo?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
hello, can make a product with several text boxes to write the number of attributes and that the picture appears as a single product? for example sell 1 bouquet of flowers with 4 white roses, 3 red Carnations and 3 yellow?

In the shopping cart should go as 1 of 4 bouquet white roses, 3 red Carnations and 3 yellow. The price of the bouquet will be the sum of the price of the 10 flowers

What price has to adapt the module?

No, the module can only have 1 image for each attribute, you cannot assign an image based on 2 different attributes.

It's not a simple change, you can contact me via email or PM about it.

I'm trying to change the position of AWP attributes to show up below the product tabs (description, data sheet, etc.). As instructed, I copied FrontController.php in the override-->classes folder. I then added {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} in product.tpl below {$HOOK_PRODUCT_FOOTER}. Of course I enabled 'force compile' to see any effect. But no matter where I put the {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} code (also tried below {$HOOK_PRODUCT_TAB_CONTENT} and the end of the file) the position of attributes does not change. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Are you sure the module is connected to the new hook?

Are you sure the module is connected to the new hook?

How would I check for this?

I did check all instances of AWP in module positions in BO. I've found 4 instances: 'header of pages', 'product footer', 'footer' (it's the last item on the list for these sections) and AWP Product (sole item obviously).

I can move AWP above the 'Cross selling' and 'Product category' modules and can see the change in the FO. Actually, for this I don't need the presence of FrontController.php in the override/classes folder and {$HOOK_AWP_PRODUCT} in product.tpl.

But no option in the module positions to move a module below the product tabs. I wonder, it this possible at all?

By the way, I'm using Prestashop 1.4.1 with AWP 1.3.3

I found the issue, it will be included in the next release.

In the meantime, you can replace the following function with the one in attributewizardpro.php

function hookAwpProduct($params)
   {
       global $smarty, $cookie, $page_name;
       $ps_version  = floatval(substr(_PS_VERSION_,0,3));
       if ($page_name == "")
           $page_name = $ps_version >= 1.4 && !Configuration::get('PS_FORCE_SMARTY_2')?$smarty->tpl_vars['page_name']->value:$smarty->get_template_vars('page_name');
       if ($page_name != "product")
           return;
       return $this->hookProductFooter($params);
   }

I replaced the function hookAwpProduct($params) in attributewizardpro.php with the one you provided and then I get a nice fatal error message in my FO (on the product pages where I use your module) :-)

In the meantime I also updated some files with a recent SVN version that fixed a fatal error with the order validation process. I restored your code in the necessary files and everything seems to be working fine (well, there is one other issue (see below)). But perhaps some updated files give problems with your code for v1.4.1 or perhaps I screwed up.

The other issue (with the updated SVN files) I found is that attributes details are missing from the order details in customers account 'Order history', Invoices and order emails (both to customer and merchant). They do show up in the shopping cart during the ordering process though.

Anyway, you may want to check the latter (potential) issue for your next release of AWP (for Prestashop 1.4.2 I assume).
I'll await Prestashop 1.4.2 which promises to be a highly stable version and your subsequent compatible version of AWP before my webshop will go live.

Just want to say that your module is an invaluable asset to my webshop!

V1.3.4 released, it includes:
* Support for PS 1.4.2
* Fix for custom AWP hook.

V1.3.5 released, it includes:
* Fixed a JS alert the was preventing adding two attribute from the same group (PS1.4.2).
* Custom hook is not automatically assigned, to prevent a clash with the default hook.

Hello tomerg3!

As is says here in your module.

The filenames below will appear in RED until you make the necessary changes, if the changes were made correctly, they will turn GREEN after you reload the page.

---
Now

I upgraded your module to v1.3.5 to go along with the presta version 1.4.2.5 and all was well. Now I have upgraded to the new presta version 1.4.3.0 and all the check lines are gone. I do not see any of them anymore no red or green in the module except.

/override/classes/FrontController.php - Lines # <--- Which is red...

I can't think of anything that I might have done wrong. Stumped...

---
Also

Disable Reset Configure Delete

While I am at it let me ask about the reset feature of the module. If I hit the reset link for your awp would I loose any of my data/configs? We worked a long time on getting those straight and im scared!

Thanks for your time man.

A new version of the module for 1.4.3 will be released in the coming days.

Thanks Tomerg3 you rock man!

Also

Disable Reset Configure Delete

While I am at it let me ask about the reset feature of the module. If I hit the reset link for your awp would I loose any of my data/configs? We worked a long time on getting those straight and im scared!

Thanks for your time man.

Any love for this question?

Hi tomer,

is this module could do the following?

an Item could be purchased with a regular price.
or with addition of text with extra charge.

example:
Item 1 = $20

if i want to put my name on it that will be = $20 + extra cost per character.
so oplus99 = 7 characters by 0.15 cents per character = $1.05
total: 20 + 1.05 = $21.05

so is this possible?

if not, I could accept something like this:

Item 1 = $20

the user could chose between many options like
option 1: up to 10 characters with extra charge of $1.5
option 2: up to 20 characters with extra charge of $3
option 3: up to 30 characters with extra charge of $4.5
and so on...

of course I want to limit characters count by its option.

so is this also possible?

it is very urgent and if it is possible I will be buying the module right away..

thank you,