Confusion: Install Modules that says FREE but it's not FREE?

ShopTester

Question

Hello,

I'm using Prestashop Cloud and in the back office I was browsing the modules list and saw something that I would like to use.

The Module clearly says "FREE" but upon clicking on the button it takes me over to the page on the Add-on market place and it has a price on it... Now I don't mind paying if I need to, but I find it confusing that in the it says FREE in the Back Office.

Is it me? or is this just some sort of bug?

Many Thanks for any help and advice.

5 answers to this question

From which module are you talking about ? On Prestashop Cloud you can only install paid addons. All native modules are free and they don't have a mark "free". Please specify  from which module you are talking about.

There are also another option for modules:  you can install it for free, but the USE of the module does not implicate that the service is also free ! One simple sample. ebay or Paypal Module you can install for free, but the use of ebay and paypal is not free.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Oh I see now... I think,

So for example;

in the Modules and Services > List of modules > Merchandising > Advanced Pack 5 (There is a Free Button next to it.)

So basically its Free to... look at it at the Add-on market I guess, as there don't seem to be an option to install.

The Paypal module I understood as it was Free to install it but I have to pay other service charges when using it.

But for this example there wasn't a download/install button so I got a bit lost and confused when it took me to the Add-on page... I got a little bit disoriented lol  :unsure:

Would have made sense for the button the say "Buy" instead "Free" to be honest.

Thank you very much for explaining, Now I've learnt something new and I will know better next time.

Thank you again.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Oh I see now... I think,

So for example;

in the Modules and Services > List of modules > Merchandising > Advanced Pack 5 (There is a Free Button next to it.)

So basically its Free to... look at it at the Add-on market I guess, as there don't seem to be an option to install.

The Paypal module I understood as it was Free to install it but I have to pay other service charges when using it.

But for this example there wasn't a download/install button so I got a bit lost and confused when it took me to the Add-on page... I got a little bit disoriented lol  :unsure:

Would have made sense for the button the say "Buy" instead "Free" to be honest.

Thank you very much for explaining, Now I've learnt something new and I will know better next time.

Thank you again.

Hi,

Can you upload a screenshot of it please ? as said, this module is not free and I don't see where it is written, maybe there is something to fix.