Search problem

Hi

I hope someone can help me. My client has a database with nearly 8,000 products and when they add new products, they are not being correctly indexed. Sometimes products will appear in the resuts, but mostly with newly added products, they fail to return in the search results

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Dan

• 2 months later...

Have a look at preferences -> search. See what it says under indexing. Then try reindexing manually. You might have some character breaking indexation, perhaps in your descriptions

Hi

I'm sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I didn't get an alert about the post and I've been really busy. The problem remains, it seems

I've checked the search indexing, to the point of manually indexing as it takes 4 hours (is that normal?)

The reindxing does seem to work, but it's just not maintainable to to run a 4 hour index every day

Any ideas?

Dan

What kind of characters could this be? I am having the problem that manual index is working, automatic indexing not.  Anybody else experiencing this?

I really should read things. Yes, that seems to fit the bill for what I'm experiencing

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hello Nemo - I an using 1.6.0.14 and Unable to Rebuild search index. There are around 2500 products, when ever I try after some time I get 500 error with only 300-600 products indexed, than go back try again to add missing products to search index, sometimes it works and sometime not. After sometimes get 503 internal server error. Is there any way to rebuild index without problem as I have to add more than 20000 products, also if we can search in frontend without indexing the products somehow by making some changes in search file.