Now the WICECAT PRO demo is available for all PrestaShop users for free

WASATO in collaboration and agreement with Icecat now offers the best tool in the market as a demo module to import and update the products’ datasheets into your shop.

This tool takes on average from 2 to 5 seconds to import the complete product’s technical information that includes all images, descriptions, features and any further information available into your store in more than one language at once. Other tools available might take up to 60 seconds per each product, on that time our tool will already had imported the datasheets of at least 30 products.

To start using the Icecat datasheets on your store, you only need to follow these steps:

With the activation code you will enable the demo license for your store; each store requires its own license. After you create your license, you can start using our tool, it is as simple as a click of a mouse.

Simple and intuitive interface 

There are 3 tabs in the module interface

• Update: This tab is used to list all your available products in your shop. - You can use the different filters to list only the products that you need to update/import the datasheets.
  • Import: Here you have the option to import and create products directly from the Icecat database, this is only recommended for developers but not for shop owners.- As on the update tab, you also have different options to filter the products that you want to import.
  • Configuration: This tab is mainly for advance configuration options, here is where you save your Icecat access information and configuration, configure SEO parameter to be added while the data import or simple change your access from Open to Full Icecat.

Easier as this is impossible

• Once you list the products that you want to import/update from Icecat, you just select the products that you want to update, apply the option to update and click update.

• You can click over the name of a product to see a full preview of the product’s data-sheet and the data available to import, that same information will be the one imported into your store.

• After a successful update, the updated product will be marked with the Okicecat-integration-solution-wicecat-pro.
  • In case of and error during the update, the module will mark the updated product with a redX in most cases it is because the datasheet is still not available on the Icecat database. You can place your mouse over the X to see the error log.

Video tutorial

• You can check the video tutorial on this link for further information about the functionalities of the module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdlk0LAT6GU
  • The tutorial was made a while ago with and old PrestaShop and module version, but the principles are the same.

ICECAT

Icecat is an open technical data sheets content provider (images, SEO, descriptions, features, accessories, warranties, reviews, etc.). All data sheets are available in up to 35 languages, only the WICECAT PRO module can import the information in all languages at the same time.

To be able to use the Icecat catalogue to import the product datasheet into your shop, you only need to create a totally free XML account at the Icecat web site.

Icecat supplies two types of access:

• Open catalogue ( It has around 40% products coverage for free, depending on your country it can go up to 60% of free coverage )
  • Full catalogue ( This is needed for a full products coverage and it requires a contract with Icecat)

Functionality

• The WICECAT PRO works directly with your store database and with its own API.
  • When you already have imported products, they should have been correctly imported into your store, if there is any missing data on your products, they will not be listed by the module.

Requirements

To be able to offer the best performance we are forced to use our own APIs, for that reason only those servers that meet the minimal system requirement are able to use our tools. Please make sure that your server is correctly set with the minimal system requirements listed here:http://wasato.com/index.php/en/our-products/icecat-connector/wicecat.html?start=8

Remember that this module will populate all technical information into your shop; therefore the minimal requirements are very important for the module to work correctly.

Edited by WASATO (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Is this FREE?

"

WRONG DOMAIN

Your license key is not valid under this server domain. This means that you cannot make further use of this application until you purchase a valid key for this domain. HOWEVER, if you have purchased a valid key for this domain and you get this message, please contact us at: WASATO™

Is this FREE?

"

WRONG DOMAIN

Your license key is not valid under this server domain. This means that you cannot make further use of this application until you purchase a valid key for this domain. HOWEVER, if you have purchased a valid key for this domain and you get this message, please contact us at: WASATO™

Hi,

You need to install it on your domain, it doesn't' work on localhost or local IP.

ICECAT WARNING!

Icecat error message: "Access to this product and language is restricted

Hi,

For the module to work you need to have a shop on one of the offered Icecat languages, as well you need to make sure that you are using a XML Icecat account.

• 3 weeks later...

You have reached to the maximum allowed product on your demo license. To continue with the updates, please buy an official license

Hi,  remember that it is a demo license not a free module so you can test the Icecat data-sheets on your own shop, if you like the results you can get a FULL Icecap access account and a full license.

Hi,  remember that it is a demo license not a free module so you can test the Icecat data-sheets on your own shop, if you like the results you can get a FULL Icecap access account and a full license.

In this condition I can not verify the results and therefore the effectiveness of the module

In this condition I can not verify the results and therefore the effectiveness of the module

Hi,

Where you not able to download the Icecat data-sheets on your shop? Why are you not able to verify the results?

Hi,

Where you not able to download the Icecat data-sheets on your shop? Why are you not able to verify the results?

hello, I have a free account icecat, but in this state module can not see which products have been updated with data sheets

hello, I have a free account icecat, but in this state module can not see which products have been updated with data sheets

Hi,

After you execute the module to import the data-sheets, a log is created and you can see that log with all products that were successfully updated, as well in the advance update TAB you can list all products that you have updated successfully filtered even by the last update time.- Moreover, you only need to go to the front-office and see the results of the import after each update, you will see the full data-sheets of all the products that you have updated with the module directly in your shop.

• 3 months later...

Salve vorrei provare il vostro prodotto che avevo installato senza provarlo e la licenza prova è scaduta senza poterlo valutare.

E' possibile?

Hi I would like to try your product which I installed without trying and trial license has expired without being able to evaluate.
It's possible?

Salve vorrei provare il vostro prodotto che avevo installato senza provarlo e la licenza prova è scaduta senza poterlo valutare.

E' possibile?

Hi I would like to try your product which I installed without trying and trial license has expired without being able to evaluate.
It's possible?

Hi,

In that case please contact us directly from our site http://www.wasato.net/index.php/en/contact-us/customer-support.html to check it out and see if can extend the trial period.

• 3 weeks later...

Allo scadere del tempo della versione Demo non è corretto fare quello che fate facendo impazzire gli utenti per trovare una soluzione e mi spiego meglio, all'improvviso la descrizione lunga dei prodotti non era più visibile, ho provato tante soluzioni comprese backup vari fino a quando per caso mi è venuto in mente di controllare il vostro modulo Wasato Icecat ed era scaduto così l'ho disabilitato e per incanto tutto è tornato normale con la visualizzazione della descrizione lunga nella scheda prodotti.

Grazie

When the time of the demo version is not correct to do what you do sweeping users to find a solution and I'll explain, suddenly the long description of the products was no longer visible, I tried many different solutions including backup until by chance I had the idea to check your form Wasato sheet and was so expired I disabled and magically everything is back to normal with the display of the long description in the products tab.

Thank you

• 11 months later...

Allo scadere del tempo della versione Demo non è corretto fare quello che fate facendo impazzire gli utenti per trovare una soluzione e mi spiego meglio, all'improvviso la descrizione lunga dei prodotti non era più visibile, ho provato tante soluzioni comprese backup vari fino a quando per caso mi è venuto in mente di controllare il vostro modulo Wasato Icecat ed era scaduto così l'ho disabilitato e per incanto tutto è tornato normale con la visualizzazione della descrizione lunga nella scheda prodotti.

Grazie

confermo, e per capire che era quello il problema (scadenza licenza WASATO) è stato un dramma...

costosi e astuti...

confermo, e per capire che era quello il problema (scadenza licenza WASATO) è stato un dramma...

costosi e astuti...

Hi, 

Please consider that the free demo license is so you can test the module and its features.

The idea is that if you like it, you can purchase a license. If you don't like it, you uninstalled and that's it, you don't have to pay anything and you get to keep the data you downloaded with the free demo license.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello I have the Full Icecat URL subscription, this module will work for me?

Hi,

No, it doesn't work with URL, you need XML access in order to use the module.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/10/2015 at 9:04 AM, WASATO dice:

Now the WICECAT PRO demo is available for all PrestaShop users for free

WASATO in collaboration and agreement with Icecat now offers the best tool in the market as a demo module to import and update the products’ datasheets into your shop.

This tool takes on average from 2 to 5 seconds to import the complete product’s technical information that includes all images, descriptions, features and any further information available into your store in more than one language at once. Other tools available might take up to 60 seconds per each product, on that time our tool will already had imported the datasheets of at least 30 products.

To start using the Icecat datasheets on your store, you only need to follow these steps:

With the activation code you will enable the demo license for your store; each store requires its own license. After you create your license, you can start using our tool, it is as simple as a click of a mouse.

Simple and intuitive interface 

There are 3 tabs in the module interface

• Update: This tab is used to list all your available products in your shop. - You can use the different filters to list only the products that you need to update/import the datasheets.
  • Import: Here you have the option to import and create products directly from the Icecat database, this is only recommended for developers but not for shop owners.- As on the update tab, you also have different options to filter the products that you want to import.
  • Configuration: This tab is mainly for advance configuration options, here is where you save your Icecat access information and configuration, configure SEO parameter to be added while the data import or simple change your access from Open to Full Icecat.

Easier as this is impossible

• Once you list the products that you want to import/update from Icecat, you just select the products that you want to update, apply the option to update and click update.

• You can click over the name of a product to see a full preview of the product’s data-sheet and the data available to import, that same information will be the one imported into your store.

• After a successful update, the updated product will be marked with the Okicecat-integration-solution-wicecat-pro.
  • In case of and error during the update, the module will mark the updated product with a redX in most cases it is because the datasheet is still not available on the Icecat database. You can place your mouse over the X to see the error log.

Video tutorial

• You can check the video tutorial on this link for further information about the functionalities of the module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdlk0LAT6GU
  • The tutorial was made a while ago with and old PrestaShop and module version, but the principles are the same.

ICECAT

Icecat is an open technical data sheets content provider (images, SEO, descriptions, features, accessories, warranties, reviews, etc.). All data sheets are available in up to 35 languages, only the WICECAT PRO module can import the information in all languages at the same time.

To be able to use the Icecat catalogue to import the product datasheet into your shop, you only need to create a totally free XML account at the Icecat web site.

Icecat supplies two types of access:

• Open catalogue ( It has around 40% products coverage for free, depending on your country it can go up to 60% of free coverage )
  • Full catalogue ( This is needed for a full products coverage and it requires a contract with Icecat)

Functionality

• The WICECAT PRO works directly with your store database and with its own API.
  • When you already have imported products, they should have been correctly imported into your store, if there is any missing data on your products, they will not be listed by the module.

Requirements

To be able to offer the best performance we are forced to use our own APIs, for that reason only those servers that meet the minimal system requirement are able to use our tools. Please make sure that your server is correctly set with the minimal system requirements listed here:http://wasato.com/index.php/en/our-products/icecat-connector/wicecat.html?start=8

Remember that this module will populate all technical information into your shop; therefore the minimal requirements are very important for the module to work correctly.

Of course the technical support makes you cry, only one ticket I opened in over 2 years and you have not been able to solve the problem. Congratulations

8 hours ago, djmasterv said:

Of course the technical support makes you cry, only one ticket I opened in over 2 years and you have not been able to solve the problem. Congratulations

Hi djmasterv,  what problem do you have with the module? are you testing the demo license?

On 1/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, djmasterv said:

Hi, with the new version of the WICECAT PRO module, the card with the
technical characteristics is displayed twice on the product page.
see link below

Hi

There was no link or image, if you are using the latest PS version, you need as well to update the module to the latest version. Only the default template structure of the Template is supported to display the extra icecat data, if you are using a third-party template, you can only use the default data that is displayed by PS, in that case you have to disable to render the extra data from the module.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:53 AM, djmasterv said:

Hello,
I do not understand what you're saying.
I use your module "WASATO PRO Module for the Icecat catalog (WICECAT PRO) v2.0.4.40 - from WASATO" on PS ver. 1.6.1.23

look this link https://gicastore.com/index.php?id_product=428675&controller=product&id_lang=1

thanks

best regard

Hi, 

The latest version of the module is at this moment the one that you are using v.2.0.4.40, as you are using a personalized template, you need to disable from the module configuration to display the features table, that option is only available templates with the default PS template structure. The features will be display as set on your own template.

If you want to display our features table on your current template, you can hide or remove the second table using JS. Your webmaster or web designer should have no problem adding it to the template.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:31 PM, djmasterv said:

With the previous version of Wasato, I did not have this problem of double display of the product card.

Hi,  If you were using the same template with an older version of the module and the double table was not shown, then we need to take a look into your setup to verify it, can you please contact us directly at support@wasato.com with the access to your back office and FTP so we can verify it and find a solution to your issue.

I confirm that my template has not changed, the only thing that has changed is the version of the Wasato module.
I already contacted the support by providing all the login details, which I had asked, but I was ignored

On 1/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, djmasterv said:

I confirm that my template has not changed, the only thing that has changed is the version of the Wasato module.
I already contacted the support by providing all the login details, which I had asked, but I was ignored

Hi, we haven't received on our support email any request from your side, we have checked our junk folder as well. Please make sure yo send us the requested information per mail, try to use another mail to contact us in case your mail server has been blacklisted. You can as well PM us with your mail so we contact you directly.

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2016 at 10:14 PM, djmasterv said:
When the time of the demo version is not correct to do what you do sweeping users to find a solution and I'll explain, suddenly the long description of the products was no longer visible, I tried many different solutions including backup until by chance I had the idea to check your form Wasato sheet and was so expired I disabled and magically everything is back to normal with the display of the long description in the products tab.

Thank you

On 1/21/2019 at 8:41 AM, WASATO said:

Hi,  If you were using the same template with an older version of the module and the double table was not shown, then we need to take a look into your setup to verify it, can you please contact us directly at support@wasato.com with the access to your back office and FTP so we can verify it and find a solution to your issue.

Same problem, please give us support  !!

12 hours ago, Mosaïsme said:

Stop lying to people that these free

It is a free test Demo, why is that a lie? it is clear on description:

"WASATO in collaboration and agreement with Icecat now offers the best tool in the market as a demo module to import and update the products’ datasheets into your shop."

• 1 year later...