Smarty cache issue after upgrade to 1.6.1.1. Help Pls

Hi All,

Ive upgraded to 1.6.1.1 from 1.6.0.8 with the one clk upgrade button and added a new theme thats from prestaaddon compatible with 1.6.1.1( hope thats true) , i had trouble with a fast web page and tried to reduce the loading time from these forum . then i read about clearing the cache and noticed something strange , the cache/smarty/cache folder should have a string of folders and files even after clearing if i remember correctly , but this is not the case in this instance , something is clearly wrong , i hope there is a solution to this , can someone help me as i cannot reopen the store in this state ? :(

smarty is configured with update if template changed and cache is on with file system cache .

Please help , any advise is appreciated , thanks in advance .

post-837415-0-01768900-1443651064_thumb.jpg

charmaine

well the issue came back again , i tried to change an image and cleared cache to see if the page reflected the change and once again i noticed that cache/smarty/cache modules and blocks are not being cached somehow again. :unsure:    , i also checked on the created cache folder under themes and the .css files and the .js files are cached there .  Time it takes to load the homepage is sooooo slow again now , can someone help please ? i cant seem to find a solution to this issue so far! help :o

Thanks in advance

charmaine

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Same issue for me. Have you find a solution ?

There is only one or two directory on /cache/smarty/cache

So, this is a big problem : the website front office is very slow, as it don't use the smarty cache :(

Thanks,

David.

Hi,

I have found a solution.

1/ You have to see in mysql the table smarty and add a date in the past (see attachement picture).

Choose to never recompile template, and never empty the cache.

You will have to do this 1/ each time.

See here :

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/479112-comportement-bizarre-de-smarty-cache/

David.

post-262253-0-49345600-1446030104_thumb.png

Edited by david. (see edit history)