Is Paypal avaiable for installing in Prestatshop Cloud?

ShopTester

Question

Hello,

I'm really struggling to find an answer and wonder if anyone can help please.

I'll do my best to explain and try keep this simple...

In the FAQ it says: 

PrestaShop Cloud:

• 1. In your store's back office, click on the tab to connect to PrestaShop Addons, in the upper right of the page.
  • 2. Enter your login information in the box.
    Now all of your purchases will appear directly in your list of back office modules!
  • 3. After connecting to Addons from your store's back office, click on the "Modules" tab in the menu.
  • 4. Look for the name of the module you want, click "Install", then configure it.

Sounds easy enough...

But there in the Back Office there is no Paypal or option for me to install Paypal in the list of modules.

I've searched for it and Nothing. And I don't know why it's not showing in the modules search.

So I've Clicked on "Add A New Modules" instead

and clicked on say "PayPal Europe - Official Module"

I clicked and it opens a new window:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html&utm_source=back-office&utm_medium=themes-push&utm_campaign=back-office-EN

On the Left I see it says "Prestashop Cloud = Yes"

So I clicked onto Downloads

It downloads a Zip and I unpack it, I new have a folder full of Files...

What do am I suppose to do next? I can't seem to find install or setup instructions.

I don't even know why it downloaded a zip/folder to my computer as I'm using the Cloud version, shouldn't it just install into my Prestashop Cloud?

Not heard back or just No support from the developers at all... I've sent for help like a month ago, and again later on... nothing...

I've been searching to find the answer for days!... weeks... :(

I just want to install Paypal for my store... :(

Why is it so hard? :(

From "Look for the name of the module you want, click "Install", then configure it" to spending hours, days and weeks...

Feeling wanting to give up :(

Really really don't know what I'm suppose to do anymore :(

I just want to install Paypal... any paypal I guess... paypal for prestashop cloud.... just paypal..... Feeling tired and defeated :(

Thank you very much for your Time and any Help or Advices.

Many Thanks

12 answers to this question

There could be something else to do before creating your ftp access (which is easy to do, it's not as scary it seems to be).

If you are still located in UK, localize your shop in France (same action as for UK). Clear cache again, go to the payment page, into the "modules and services" tab.

Into this "payment" page, you see Paypal europe with the install button.

Install it

And after you can relocalize your shop in hong kong. I've just done this on a shop and it works.

• Like 2

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply, really really appreciated.

Thanks for helping, I'm based in Hong Kong, I have also sent a message to the developers about if any of the Paypal modules are available in my country (Hong Kong), that was like a month ago and I haven't heard back since, and I have recently sent another asking the same questions. 

I have been trying the following steps on the Localization trick

Localization > Configurations : This Time I Set default to United Kingdown

Advance Parameters > Performance > Clear Cache

Modules and Services > searched for Paypal

Then I see "PayPal Direct Payments" Module

I click the Free button

It takes me to the Add-on Market place: Here

And the version description says: Compatibilityv1.4.0.1 - v1.6.1.1 (it doesn't say Cloud)

And before I Buy it I really needed to know if it will work within Hong Kong and Prestashop Cloud.

I've sent a message to the developers but like I said I've not heard back from them. 

I don't want to buy it if it is just downloads a Zip File that I can not use for the Prestashop Cloud version...

Or am I confused? Im I suppose to download the the File and somehow install it to my Prestashop Cloud?

Many Thanks for any help and advice given.

Oh I forgot to mention that I've also tried "PayPal Europe - Official Module" (this one seems to be really Free) but when it takes me to the add on market place it just allows me to download a Zip file. And they doesn't seem to be any instructions about how to install it for the Cloud version of Prestashop. Am I missing something here? a simple step or something that I've overlooked or something that I need to do before I download or after I download? 

Again Thank you so very very much for any help given. 

Edited by ShopTester (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Oh My God! Finally! Your advice worked Vincent.

Feels so much better now I can install it finally, as I've been feeling crazy for the past.... well forever.

This is a step closer and feels like I'm finally making progress after being stuck for so long.

So strange why it didn't work when I choose like UK, and some other countries. But France worked!

I know this may not even be a problem for some people or even obvious to setup, But for the people that are stuck like I was this really did work for me.

And now it is installed and I'm finally moving onto the next step to setting Paypal up, hoping I won't run into anymore issues.

And I really like to say Thank you so so much to Vincent and Selectshop.at for taking the time out to help and give advice. It is very much appreciated.

Can't Thank you enough.

Hi, I was thrilled to come accross this thread as this is exactly the issue I am having and I need to move to Paypal Europe because the paypal module I have now keeps throwing errors up all the time. I am so bad on computers but trying to give it a go, and I have tried changing my country to France and clearing the Cashe but it still doesnt show up in my list. I am getting so frustrated and can't find any help. I wondered if there were any other solutions? Thanks

Hi, I was thrilled to come accross this thread as this is exactly the issue I am having and I need to move to Paypal Europe because the paypal module I have now keeps throwing errors up all the time. I am so bad on computers but trying to give it a go, and I have tried changing my country to France and clearing the Cashe but it still doesnt show up in my list. I am getting so frustrated and can't find any help. I wondered if there were any other solutions? Thanks

I also encounter with this problem, but I deleted all the old PayPal modules and only then appeared the "PayPal Europe Official" module in list.