Error in CSV Product Import

Hello

I'm very new in using Prestashop. I'm having this problem during my CSV product import. These are the errors

7 errors 

1. Autumnz: Bliss Convertible Single Electric / Manual Breastpump (ID: 1) cannot be saved
  2. Property Product->available_date is not valid
  3. Britax: First Class Plus Convertible Car Seat (ID: 2) cannot be saved
  4. Simple Dimple: Diaper Bag - Papa Bag (ID: 3) cannot be saved
  5. AkaranaBaby: Haumaru Convertible Car Seat (ID: 4) cannot be saved
  6. Ameda: Lactaline Dual Breastpump (ID: 5) cannot be saved
  7. Okiedog: Viva Sassy Tote Diaper Bag (ID: 6) cannot be saved

I have no idea what went wrong and I've been trouble shooting the whole day. I use the exact sample data template downloaded from Prestashop. But I do not get any problem if I upload the sample CSV file without any alteration on the data. Appreciate if anybody can help me on this.   :unsure:

Thank You

Id love to hear the answer here is an example of one line of my CSV including the first row/title bar:

>>>>>

ID,Active (0/1),Name *,"Categories (x,y,z...)",Price tax excluded or Price tax included,Tax rules ID,Wholesale price,On sale (0/1),Discount amount,Discount percent,Discount from (yyyy-mm-dd),Discount to (yyyy-mm-dd),Reference #,Supplier reference #,Supplier,Manufacturer,EAN13,UPC,Ecotax,Width,Height,Depth,Weight,Quantity,Minimal quantity,Visibility,Additional shipping cost,Unity,Unit price,Short description,Description,"Tags (x,y,z...)",Meta title,Meta keywords,Meta description,URL rewritten,Text when in stock,Text when backorder allowed,"Available for order (0 = No, 1 = Yes)",Product available date,Product creation date,"Show price (0 = No, 1 = Yes)","Image URLs (x,y,z...)","Delete existing images (0 = No, 1 = Yes)",Feature(Name:Value:Position),"Available online only (0 = No, 1 = Yes)",Condition,"Customizable (0 = No, 1 = Yes)","Uploadable files (0 = No, 1 = Yes)","Text fields (0 = No, 1 = Yes)",Out of stock,ID / Name of shop,Advanced stock management,Depends On Stock,Warehouse

1,1,CK ONE by Calvin Klein,1002,17,9,8.5,0,0,0,,,,400514,Franks,Calvin Klein,,,,,,,,500,1,,,,8.5,Deodorant Stick 2.6 oz,"Two bodies, two minds, and two souls are merged into the heat and passion of one. This erotic cologne combines man and woman with one provocative scent. This clean, refreshing fragrance has notes of bergamot, cardamom, pineapple, papaya, amber, and green tea.",,CK ONE by Calvin Klein Deodorant Stick 2.6 oz,CK ONE by Calvin Klein Deodorant Stick 2.6 oz,,,In Stock,Currently out of stock. You may order and we can ship it when we have it.,,3-Oct-15,3-Oct-15,1,fakewebsite.com,1,,1,new,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

>>>>>

i know a lot of people have recommended using semicolons instead of commas, but i had no problem at all with commas on the category upload. I dont get the issue.
Edited by aguywithfeet (see edit history)

Hello

I'm very new in using Prestashop. I'm having this problem during my CSV product import. These are the errors

7 errors 

1. Autumnz: Bliss Convertible Single Electric / Manual Breastpump (ID: 1) cannot be saved
  2. Property Product->available_date is not valid
  3. Britax: First Class Plus Convertible Car Seat (ID: 2) cannot be saved
  4. Simple Dimple: Diaper Bag - Papa Bag (ID: 3) cannot be saved
  5. AkaranaBaby: Haumaru Convertible Car Seat (ID: 4) cannot be saved
  6. Ameda: Lactaline Dual Breastpump (ID: 5) cannot be saved
  7. Okiedog: Viva Sassy Tote Diaper Bag (ID: 6) cannot be saved

I have no idea what went wrong and I've been trouble shooting the whole day. I use the exact sample data template downloaded from Prestashop. But I do not get any problem if I upload the sample CSV file without any alteration on the data. Appreciate if anybody can help me on this.   :unsure:

Thank You

If you used some program like Excell or Libreoffice calc to make your csv file then maybe it's a column wrong format. If you are creating csv file in this way try format column as text cause some programs treating xxx:xxx like a date format. And if you have option something like put text in " when you save a file then you can check this option.

I am working on a program in Visual FoxPro that exports to Prestashop, I am using comma delimited files and it seems to import fine.

I have attached an example of the file that gets output, I don't use all the fields so some are blank but this gives a prduct with price, description etc. I fits any help ?

Spent a week or so experimenting with uploading in to prestashop, I found some field work ok without the double quote i.e the numeric ones, double quotes around the text fields.

Yes I used name, only reason was the test file you download has 'Home' so I assumed it was text, certainly works ok and bypasses any problems with getting the wrong number or Prestashop changing the number.

I have categories like Running, Cycling, Swimming then a sub cat of year so 2014, 2015, 2016 then the actual event such as 'Brighton Marathon 2015' the 3 levels all work fine using text names for the categories.

Do category ids have to be text? I did my parent column by number. I wonder if I should have did by category name?

Format numbers as numbers and text as text and when you save a file chose seperating character as semicolon what is default in presta import.

Programs like excell or libreoffice calc default format cells as numbers and try to recognize cells imput and change format. That is why when in cell is for example: "Autumnz: Bliss Convertible Single Electric" program try to format this as date because after word "Autumnz" see colon ":" and after another word. That is why you should format that column as text.

When you see error for example: Property Product->available_date is not valid it doesn't mean problem is with product available date, maybe it is a problem in other column. I had error about wrong position in attributes trying import combinations but problem was with wrong value position. So don't treat error messages in presta exactly what is written.

Well thanks for the help. I figured out my issue. i set a start offering date and forget to change it after the first mess up. I believe it was failing my uploads because i had the wrong date. It said wrong date in the middle of the error log but it was in the middle of 1000 lines so i missed it. #facepalm

Well thanks for the help. I figured out my issue. i set a start offering date and forget to change it after the first mess up. I believe it was failing my uploads because i had the wrong date. It said wrong date in the middle of the error log but it was in the middle of 1000 lines so i missed it. #facepalm

Glad we both figured out this issue :) 

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I did get it to accept my files but unfortunately found it very unreliable, I would import 5k records and find some were missing, come were not displaying pictures and the whole picture import system was so complicated. 

I finally had to change over to Opencart which was a shame as Prestashop is I still think the better system but importing in Opencart was so much easier, had it cracked in less than 24 hours compared to the 3 weeks+ it took on Prestashop, its a part of the program they need to really look at.

Opencart pictures for example I just create one picture for an item, upload that in to the images directory in a sub directory for in my case each event and then you put the location in one of the fields so Opencart does not touch the images other than scaling if you need it for different parts of the program. 

If they sorted it out on Prestacart i would certainly come back but it involved buying expensive import routines from 3rd party suppliers and I am a programmer, my Image storage system was designed to automatically create the file, it seemed a waste to then have to pay someone else to do the last bit

I found lots of weird little things had to be in exactly the right format and sometimes it was not the way you thought.

Good luck with it, maybe yours was not as complicated as mine.