Prestashop forces to change my module name wich result in error.

Crezzur.com

Hey all,

I'm looking for a solution a few days now already, and any contact with prestashop has failed miserably.

My problem:

I have created a module called DataSheetPro (2015-02-12)

Now i have added a bunch of bug-fix and updates to this module and when i try to upload the update to addons.prestashop

I receive the following error:

TW1o3oY.png

When i follow the instruction and edit the name of my module ->

$this->name = 'DataSheetPro';

To the way prestashop wants me to name it ->

$this->name = 'data_sheet_pro';

And send it to the add-ons team they accept it however your not able to update to the newer version because you will receive a error which says:

xblTZDS.png

The issue here is that when you change the module name you need to change the "$this->module_key".
When you don't do it it gets flagged by prestashop as not original.

I need to provide my costumers a free update which i promise when they buy my module.

So deleting the original module and start from fresh is the last thing i want to do.

So in hope that anybody on this forum can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Jaimy A.

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)

When using the name "datasheetpro" i will still receive an error in the almighty validator.prestashop.com

The problem is ->

addons.Prestashop: We do not like the name DataSheetPro

Crezzur: Il change it to data_sheet_pro like you guys want to.
addons.Prestashop: great we accept your updated module.

Backoffice: No way the module_key is registered for DataSheetPro and not for data_sheet_pro your trying to update a module which is not your so we wont allow it.

if i change it to "datasheetpro" then:

A. addons.Prestashop: you have an error in the validator please fix it and re-submit your module.

B. OR when the addons team is tired and don't want to type something and just allow the 1 error, i will receive the same respond from back-office as mentioned a few lines above.

This is the respond from addons team: (Go read 500 pages, not find your problem and contact us back, and advice you to read again 500 pages.)

Hello Aerts,

Thank you for your email. 

For any problem regarding the Prestashop solution (or the native modules), please contact directly the Prestashop Support Team here : http://www.prestashop.com/fr/contact-us 

Regards,

Yousri
Customer Service - PrestaShop Addons