SMTP DOESN'T WORK , PLEASE

Hi i am new to presta and i've try to configure that my SMTP on my localhost work fine , but why it always shown:"An error occured while sending email, please verify your parameters." at my host , before it's worked when i using j**m*a virtue m*rt , can anyone share if had same problem with me , i use godaddy for my host , should i editing any code or set the other permission via ftp or anything,

hope it can be solved ,

Many thanks, Regards , Drian

I suppose you use the contact form. That form tries to send and email to Customer service email by filling the From: field of the email with the data the user put in the E-mail address field of the contact form.

So if the user [email protected] sends a message, you should receive and email like this:

To: [email protected]

The problem is that GoDaddy doesn't allow emails to be sent using other domains than the one you have.

If you fill in the contact form email address with something like [email protected] then email will be sent.

GoDaddy and PrestaShop are a bad combination. I'm using a payment module that needs access outside the public html folder but GoDaddy allows access only to the public html folder... But this is another story.