How to create a pre-filled shopping cart so customer can login directly to pre-filled shopping page

Is it possible to create a shopping cart pre-filled with several specific products in order for a specific customer to have all the correct products pre-filled in the shopping cart and thus immediately ready for payment for him when he logs onto the website?

The reason why I want to do this, is because I don't want the customer to add incorrect products or waste my or their time and energy searching for a list of specific products and possibly make a mistake adding and paying for incorrect products.

I want a customer to have all the correct products he needs ready for payment in his shopping cart at a time when he is ready to log in to his account on the site with his specific login id and password in order to pay for the correct products which I need to pre-fill in his shopping cart for his needs specifically. This way he can save time, pay for the shopping cart with the exact products he needs at a time when is convenient for him and with the correct products without any mistakes.

Does anybody understand what I am trying to do and can anybody please tell me how to do what I am asking for?

Thank you.

Edited by marcstirbl (see edit history)

Why not just create an order manually for this customer in the backoffice and just send a payment request to this customer?

Otherwise you would need a module that would check, after login, if logged on customer is known in pre-configured customer-to-cart configuration and fill the cart and context/session-data accordingly and redirect customer to cart/checkout

Is that done on the "Orders' tab in the back end? I have PS version 1.6.1.1. Thank you very much for your quick response and help.

Yes. On the Orders tab in the back end there's a button to add a new order. Through that form you can manually add an order, attach it to a customer (or add a customer first), fill up the shopping cart, enter invoice and delivery address and at last send a request to the customer to pay for the order with a choosen paymentmethod.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. I was studying all the options available on the orders page and I have a few questions. . .

1) What is the purpose of the "Address alias" ? (It is a required entry in the customer address page)

2) On the "Add new" order page(after a customer is chosen and products are added to the cart), there is an option at the bottom of the "Orders" page entitled "Send an email to the customer with the link to process the payment" or the "Create the order" button. When is one is supposed to be used?

At the moment, the "Send an email to the customer with the link to process the payment" works best because it takes the customer directly to the shopping cart, showing all the pictures of the products and gives the viewer the choice of any payment option(e.g CC, check, bank wire). In addition, the email received states, "A New order has been generated on your behalf", so it seems to be very similar in function as an "order" is designed to be.

However, the "Create the order" button requires that I specify which "payment" method(e.g. CC, paypal, check, wire) the order will be created in and ultimately the real problem is that there is no way to pay for the order from any of the links in the email generated or from the account order history page on the website. The only way to pay is by pressing the "Reorder" button on the "Order history" page, but obviously that doesn't make any sense for the customer or myself. Can you explain if this is the way Prestashop was designed or what am I doing wrong in the "Create the order" process?

Again, the "Send an email to the customer with the link to process the payment" button works fine, but the "Create the Order" button results in no way to pay, except for pressing the "Reorder" button. Can you explain all these peculiarities to me please? Thank you for your energy, time and explanations.

Edited by marcstirbl (see edit history)

• 4 years later...