Technical flow understanding.

aviel

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

Basically I need some help to understand the order in which methods are executed when I create a new module starting from here.

I have my known method renderForm() which display the form to create a new Object ( Product ). I send the form and magically the object is saved into DB.

First question. ¿Which method is executed to save the object?

I need to know this, because i have related values to my object, and i have a new function to save that values.

If i add the validation in postProcess() i can get values sent from my form and manipulate them, but i don't want to use an manual INSERT, i want to keep the normal Prestashop process and after object is created, call my additional method for additional values.

I hope the explanation is clear, and any comments will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks bellini13, i understand that magic. What i do not know is where is a callback or something to execute another method after object is created.

If you see this Class, there is a method processFeatures() used to dd related info. But Where is the method call? 

https://github.com/jdanthinne/advancedfeaturesvalues/blob/master/override/controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php

Thanks in advance.

As I said, review the ObjectModel.

There is a function called "add", and at the very beginning of that function are two hooks

// @hook actionObject*AddBefore
        Hook::exec('actionObjectAddBefore', array('object' => $this));
        Hook::exec('actionObject'.get_class($this).'AddBefore', array('object' => $this));