VAT not showing to some customers when they are not logged

Hi

I have done a migration to Prestashop 1.6.1.1 and I'm having an strange issue with prices and VAT when some customers are not logged in.

For some customers (randomly) prices are showed WITHOUT VAT  when they are not logged in, it only happens to some customers, when they are logged VAT is included and everything is OK .. , but this is a terrible problem because I can not find a logical reason ... I have checked configuration and everything is OK, I'm not using geolocalization ..

Any help will be welcome.

thanks!

You should check the Tax for your customer groups. Upgrades from older PS versions (1.4. 1.5.) could be have a problem on customer groups, cause there are two new groups added by default on PS 1.6. which weren't available before.

Tab "customers -> groups"

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Thanks, but it's checked ...and  it's OK, my migration was from Oscommerce to Prestashop 1.6

Anyway I have detected that this problem only happens with some customers, a 20 % more or less, and ONLY when they use CHROME or FIREFOX, if they surf with INTERNET EXPLORER it works OK, and if they use their phones with Chrome and Firefox android versions it's Ok as well ... this is extremely weird, any clue? I'm going crazy..

Kind regards.

• 1 month later...

We are experiencing the same on 1.6.1.1

Our prices in the shops are always shown with VAT, and even have the 'VAT included' text after the price.

However randomly, some customers see the prices without VAT until creating an account, and it does not even label 'VAT excluded' after the price. No tetx at all after the price.

A few customers have even taken screenshot, so it is 100% verified. I would say 10% customers have complained about this since 1.6.1.1