What Is This Module ? What Is This Hook ? Css? Js ? Tpl ?

You don't know what module come a piece on your shop? This module will tell you, and give you a number of information modules:
- name of the hook
- name of the module
- name of the tpl file and the file that calls it
-JS and CSS files with a link for each file path

post-95593-0-49258700-1449842465.jpg

Hover over "H-M" to have information on the hook and the modules that are grafted, you must click on "Modules..." to display the list of modules, without this modules would be always displayed and formatting would not be usable.

Your shop is in prod and you obviously do not want to display this information to all your customers? No worries, the information will be displayed only for the concerned IP addresses.

DOWNLOAD the last versionhttps://www.coeos.pro/en/modules-prestashop/116-what-is-this-module-what-is-this-hook.html

Version 1.2.7 :

post-95593-0-92778600-1454369275.jpg

Version 1.0.0: v.1.0.0.whatisthismodule.zip

Version 1.1.0: v.1.1.0.whatisthismodule.zip
Displays information about the TPL (template and file) to find files even faster

Version 1.1.1 : v.1.1.1.whatisthismodule.zip
add * for select all address IP 

Version 1.2.2 : v.1.2.2.whatisthismodule.zip
Display CSS and JS files for each module with a link to these files (in a new tab)

Version 1.2.3. : v.1.2.3.whatisthismodule.zip
you can choose to open the block H-M click or hover

Version 1.2.5 : v.1.2.5.whatisthismodule.zip
displaying the full url of templates

Version 1.2.6 : v.1.2.6.whatisthismodule.zip
modification of CSS for display "+", this "+" will not be displayed with the themes that have not bootstrap)

Version 1.2.7 : v.1.2.7.whatisthismodule.zip

possibility to disable the module for the back office, it avoids making navigation impossible in the back office, option to open all blocks: enables faster searching of a module in particular.

Version 1.3.0 : v.1.3.0.whatisthismodule.zip

- Tested on 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
- Option to show and hide all the information by pressing the key ², this new option allows you to surf on its site without being disturb by colored blocks info changing the positions of the blocks.

Version 1.3.1 : v.1.3.1.whatisthismodule.zip
- the key ² was not recognized on firefox, problem corrected

Version 1.4.1 for prestashop 1.7 v.1.4.1.whatisthismodule.zip
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

This is great module, it should be of big help to lot of people that are starting with PrestaShop but

also to those  who install new themes with lot of modules. Think this should be default module :-)

Thanks for sharing, and great idea. Bravo.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

small update (v1.2.1) module, you can display url of CSS and JS file and you must click "Module..." to display the list of modules with their CSS and JS file (see video)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers;
Thank you very much for this module. I'm trying and I think it can help a lot.

I installed it on Prestashop 1.6.0.6, and it works something other than what you see in the demo video.
In my case the CSS route is not open, only the path of php tpl files and templates.

It will be a configuration problem installing prestashop module or incompatibility?

(Google translator)

• 1 month later...

update 1.2.7 : possibility to disable the module for the back office, it avoids making navigation impossible in the back office; option to open all blocks: enables faster searching of a module in particular.

post-95593-0-92778600-1454369275.jpg

• 5 months later...

Update 1.3.0 :

- Tested on 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7
- Option to show and hide all the information by pressing the key ², this allows to navigate a site without hinder by information blocks

• 10 months later...

The module sounded too good to be true for my system :)

I downloaded the zip and installed it via the 1.7 backend.

Now my whole site - backend and frontend - does not work anymore and i get a hook error.

ContextErrorException in Hook.php line 0:
Warning: Declaration of Hook::exec($hook_name, $hook_args = Array, $id_module = NULL, $array_return = false, $check_exceptions = true, $use_push = false, $id_shop = NULL) should be compatible with HookCore::exec($hook_name, $hook_args = Array, $id_module = NULL, $array_return = false, $check_exceptions = true, $use_push = false, $id_shop = NULL, $chain = false)

Can anyone confirm if this module works for 1.7 ?

Though, thanks for the module, i think it is a very nice feature for noobs like me who just started to work with prestashop!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your support! I will test out 1.4.0 in a second, but before i would like to enter in here my solution on how to remove the modul manually, just in case someone else encounters the same problem.

What i did:

1. I installed module whatisthismodule in version 1.3.1 on Prestashop 1.7.1. (!) by uploading the ZIP

2. After the upload, frontend AND the backend did not work anymore showing the above error.

My shop did not work anymore, neither was i able to enter my admin backend to deactivate or remove the module

My solution workflow:

1. Delete the whatisthismodule module folder via FTP 

2. Check your database with phpmyadmin or similiar

3. Find your table psXXX_module (XXX is your own definied table prefix)

4. Find the whatisthismodule modul and write down the ID of the module

5. Go through ALL module tables and find the rows with the ID mentioned in point 4

CAUTION WITH THE NEXT STEP!

6. In your FTP go into root -> override -> classes and delete the Hook.php file

I am absolutely new to Prestashop and so i do not know if i am doing this correctly.

Do it at your own risk!

I also do not know where the Hook.php comes from, i suggest it is installed by the module but i am not sure.

All i can say is that after this, the page front and backend did work again.

Please bare with me if any step is incorrect, but at least this is what worked for me.

[uPDATE]

To install the 1.4.0 version of whatisthismodule you also have to remove the entry 

psXXX_authorization_role connected to the module, otherwise you will get this error:

Duplicate entry 'ROLE_MOD_MODULE_WHATISTHISMODULE_CREATE' for key 'slug'

Edited by qroft (see edit history)

I want to confirm that installation with 1.4.x works perfect under Prestashop 1.7.1.

Now i only have to find out how to find out to activate this :D

The problem is that i started a template based on the starter-theme in 1.7. and it could be that i have delete something like a hook or a class that the whatisthismodule needs to be shown on the frontend.

So far, thanks a lot for your support and wish you a great weekend!

Bad News (module v.1.4.0. and Prestashop 1.7.1)

The reason why i have not seen the position was, that the module was not enabled :)

But unfortunately as soon as i enable the module, these errors appears:

At the backend:

MethodNotAllowedHttpException in classes.php line 2110:
No route found for "GET /module/manage/action/enable/whatisthismodule": Method Not Allowed (Allow: POST)

At the frontend:

ContextErrorException in FrontController.php line 913:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at prestashop/override/classes/Hook.php:0)

I again tried to simply deactivate the module via phpmyadmin in the modules table by changing from '1' to '0' but the errors stay.

So once again i make the steps from my prior post.

Thanks and greetings!

Sorry for the inconvenience, actually on the old version 1.7 (like 1.7.0.6) the hook function was:

public static function exec($hook_name, $hook_args = array(), $id_module = null, $array_return = false, $check_exceptions = true,
                                $use_push = false, $id_shop = null)

While the most recent versions are: 

public static function exec($hook_name, $hook_args = array(), $id_module = null, $array_return = false, $check_exceptions = true,
                                $use_push = false, $id_shop = null, $chain = false)

I test this version on 1.7.1.0 with the option "with the touch ²" and it's ok for me : v.1.4.1.whatisthismodule.zip

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...