Cart doesn't add sales tax based on delivery address

egzibeo

I am based in NJ, a delivery destination tax state. I enabled sales taxes in the tax section. My cart doesn't add the sales tax corresponding to the customer that buys....what am I missing or didn't do right yet?

The cart displays the section "Tax"...but it doesn't add a tax that should be computed based on the delivery destination it at checkout...

I read the Prestashop documentation about taxes and it's a bit confusing to me. I copy pasted the "confusing" part:

• Enable tax. Whether or not taxes are included in each purchase.- My question: Does this mean that if I enable it  what is set up as delivery destination tax is considered "included" in the Retail price of a product or ? How can I make the tax be "added" to the retail price I set up it the prices section of a product?
  • Display tax in shopping cart. You might prefer the customer not to be aware of the taxes that are applied to the order. In that case, disable this option.- Question: As I said, I enabled this, it shows the "Tax" section separately from price in a cart...but it doesn't compute any tax , in addition to the retail price I set....Help?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cris

Hi bellini13,

1) You created a Tax and Tax Rules for NJ?

State and country taxes are enabled. If I create a tax rule on one product does that remain as just one tax rule for that particular product?

If yes, that means I have to create manually tax rules for each product in the portfolio I have, correct?

Can I create multiple tax rules for the same product, as in, one rule for each state and country where I want my product to be available for ordering?

2) You updated your products to use the Tax Rule?

This answer depends on the clarification I could get for the questions I addresses following your 1) question.

3) In Localization > Taxes, at the bottom of the page you have "Based on" equal to "Delivery Address"

I had already set that up to "Delivery address" prior to coming here for info :)

Thank you, hope you can help me figure this out.

Cris

• Like 1