Fatal error: Class 'MCached' not found

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you please elaborate on the  mcached>memcached because I have the same issue PS 1.6.1.  Everything seems to be working fine except for the import screen which errors Class 'MCached' not found in ...../public_html/classes/cache/Cache.php on line 131.  I need help fast as I have thousands of products to load asap! thx

BTW....I dont have any caching on including memcache because I am in development at this point. 

With further digging into my 1.6.1 PS file system, I dont even have a file MCached.php in there, and looking at the original download it isnt in there either. 

However, MCache.php is in the older versions of PS.  Unfortunately, copying it in there didnt fix the issue, but only causes more errors. 

Hmmm.....very interesting.  Setting the caching to file system fixed this issue.  As I indicated I didnt have any caching set because we are in development upgrading an existing site.  The products/categories we have were brought over via DB scripts, and only when we went to add new product for the launch via the import feature did this issue come up.  

Can be marked solved.

Edited by jennywill (see edit history)