Product star rating

The "Product Comments" module has the option to add star ratings to products, but the customer can't rate a product without also providing a comment. If you want customers to be able to rate a product without providing a comment, you'll have to download and install the Product Rating module.

If you have only one star rating, you can add a "Comment's criterion" called "Rating", then click "Add". If you want multiple ratings, you can enter as many criterions as you like such as "User friendly" and "Reasonably priced". Once you've done that, select each of your products in the "Product's criterions" section and select "Rating" (and any other applicable criterions if necessary), then click Save.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,
I installed the Product raing module and my question is, how can I reset the votes for one product to 0 ?

My problem is, first we had 10 stars for voting and somebody voted 8 stars now we changed back to 5 stars but the voted value 8 and their stars are still there...

Any idea?
Thx
Rgds
dmsman2

• 2 weeks later...
If you have only one star rating, you can add a "Comment's criterion" called "Rating", then click "Add". If you want multiple ratings, you can enter as many criterions as you like such as "User friendly" and "Reasonably priced". Once you've done that, select each of your products in the "Product's criterions" section and select "Rating" (and any other applicable criterions if necessary), then click Save.

Is there any way .. to show this data in the front end ? or somewhere else ? or the customer can shop by searching the most top rated ?

The rating is only shown on the product page as an average rating. The rating isn't displayed on the product listings and you can't search by rating. I'm writing a comment module that adds the rating to each comment and also has a "Was this comment helpful?" option, but it is far from ready to be released.

The rating is only shown on the product page as an average rating. The rating isn't displayed on the product listings and you can't search by rating. I'm written a comment module that adds the rating to each comment and also has a "Was this comment helpful?" option, but it is far from ready to be released.

Can't wait for you to release because I am in dire need of it! :)

I encountered the same problem. I ended up hacking the comment module to always return the criterions of product 1, no matter what the product ID. I'm planning to add a "Default criterion" option to my comment module. I have many features planned, so it may be a while before I release it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I bump this old thread, now as Prestashop has built-in comment/voting system. Is it possible to utilize this in a better way.

Let me explain, in our system we have defined 4 criterion that a user can vote for. But when the user has submitted their voting, it now only shows average of their voting.

I see there is no point of having multiple criterion for voting, when they are just summed up and made averaged. It would be interesting for other visitors to see what they actually have voted for each criterion.

So how can i make all criterion visible for display after voting?

• 3 months later...

Granted, this works. But can you tell me how to make it so that when the user has posted a rating on "Reasonably Priced" and "User Friendly", is not just added to the average? what i mean is that when the overall score is displayed, it display only "Average", not individual score.

• 1 month later...

Hi Frank_jarle

I am bit confuse. Ihave alredy product comments under the products but I still can not see stars...Have you got any idea what I doing wrong?

Quality I have ON for all catalog.

Thank you for help

Jeremy

http://stag-henparty.co.uk

I can help you, but could you make a screenshot of what you mean so we dont cross-talk each other? I think I know what you mean, but I just want to be sure :)

I can make a quick guide for you.

Hi Frank_jarle

I am bit confuse. Ihave alredy product comments under the products but I still can not see stars...Have you got any idea what I doing wrong?

Quality I have ON for all catalog.

Thank you for help

Jeremy

http://stag-henparty.co.uk

I can help you, but could you make a screenshot of what you mean so we dont cross-talk each other? I think I know what you mean, but I just want to be sure :)

I can make a quick guide for you.

It seems to me that you only have commenting available, can you make sure that you actually have any "Review Criterions" in your list. If there is no review Criterions to vote for there would be no stars available i think.

First of all, i am using standard template (just in case this is related to the actual theme you are using)

1) In the back office navigate to: Modules->Modules

2) In the search field enter: comment, you should now see the "Product Comments"-module

3) Press the configure button next to it.

4) Scroll down to the bottom you should see the "Review Criterions" section, make sure you have some available here as shown in the picture below:

2015-03-03_1520.png

When you or someone else has written a review, its important that you "approve" those comments as well. This is done on the same page as where you are now, scroll further up and you should see comments that might wait for approval:

2015-03-03_1523.png

If you do not have any review criterions, then you must make one or more.

2015-03-03_1524.png

So on my site this is how it appears on the product catalog/front page:

2015-03-03_1527.png

Be aware of one thing (i am not sure if they have fixed this just yet).

IF you have multiple Review Criterion just like what i have in the pictures above. You will see that even each user vote for example 3 stars, 2 stars and 5 stars, the final stars that shows up will only show average. In some voting systems it will show what each user actually voted. This "bug" only happens on the product page, but if a given product is added to "Compare list" it will show all the stars. Its just a silly "bug" in my opinion.

Please let me know if this helped you or if you require more help :-)

I did everything what did you say but it still does not work :(

I have Travely theme which have rating including as well just does not want display rating stars to me. 

Have you got any other idea, please?

Bez%20n%C3%A1zvu.jpg

Unfortunately i am unfamiliar with that theme, in that case i suggest you contact the developer or the store you bought it from and get them to help you. It might be other settings for that theme compared to this, maybe a custom module or something that you need to configure.

Sorry i could not solve this one for you pal.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...