Subcategories thumbnails

boncri

Question

The subcategories list when I show a parent category shows the thumbnails as the main image of the subcategory in a square. As the main image is a banner, the result is ugly, leaving a lot of white space between the image and the square borders.

I found the "Thumbnails" field in the category form, so i though that if I would add a square image here, this image would be used as the thumbnail of the category in the subcategory grid, but it isn't working.

The user guide of Prestashop 1.6 doesn't explain the "Thumbnail" field, so I can't guess how to use it.

Is it a bug or I'm missing something?

Is it possible to use the "Thumbnail" image of a category as the thumbnail image in the subcategory grid?

Thank you.

Cristiano

post-1080198-0-92989400-1441492549_thumb.png

4 answers to this question

You cannot use thumbnails. For to have a sub-category picture you should add the picture wich the same required format.  Please check on the tab "preferences -> images"  the size of medium_default. The same format your pictures should have. Natively it is 125x125px, but you can change them for ex. to 62x62px there, so you will have smaller pictures you want.