Create new category not showing up

ifelse

I know this question have been asked and I searched google but seem like maybe the older version instruction the search engine is tracking. I downloaded the latest version yesterday and confused on how to get the new categories to show up. I read some of the latest documents and to be honest patience went short. Too much information just to do something simple compare to other modules I will have to learn how to use. Another thing I try to delete category and it's not deleting so I was just done with the doc's. Can I get a step by step on how to do this. I'm use to Big Commerce from perivous client which was simple to use but I'm willing to give prestashop a try.

Thanks..

I see them in the back office but the home page not showing.  What I did was >  Catalog/ Category/ Add new Category.. When I refreshed the page the new category didn't show. So, I thought maybe it need a product attached for the category to show but nothing. I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong

Also, I tried to delete the new Category and it still show in the back office.

Edited by ifelse (see edit history)