Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

Hello, I have the error too.

Using PS 1.6.1.17

I've tried all of this possible solutions, none of them works for me:

• Remplace file classes / stock / StockAvalible.php with 1.6.1.0 one DOESN'T WORK
  • 755 in modules files DOESN'T WORK
  • The problem is in the stock availbe tabel. It has multiple entries for the same products. Delete the old entries en every thing works untill the next bug will pop up. DOESN'T WORK
  • Desactivate all stok management DOESN'T WORK
  • Desactivate all cache and delete. DOESN'T WORK
  • Desactivate mails sends DOESN'T WORK
  • Optimice a fiz database with Prestashop cleaner DOESN'T WORK
  • Wrongs characters in confirmation mail DOESN'T WORK
  • Replace PaymentModule.php DOESN'T WORK
  • Modify core_Business_Stock_StockManager.php DOESN'T WORK
  • Activate combinations DOESN'T WORK
  • Check in the orders table what the highest id_cart is. For example 10045.- Do an update to your database by resetting the Auto-increment value of the cart table to 10045 + 1 by executing this query :  ALTER TABLE `ps_cart` AUTO_INCREMENT = 10046; DOESN'T WORK

I don't know what else to do, I'm loosing customers because of this.

Please, help.

Using PS 1.6.1.17

• Remplace file classes / stock / StockAvalible.php with 1.6.1.0 one DOESN'T WORK
  • The problem is in the stock availbe tabel. It has multiple entries for the same products. Delete the old entries en every thing works untill the next bug will pop up. DOESN'T WORK
  • Check in the orders table what the highest id_cart is. For example 10045.- Do an update to your database by resetting the Auto-increment value of the cart table to 10045 + 1 by executing this query :  ALTER TABLE `ps_cart` AUTO_INCREMENT = 10046; DOESN'T WORK

Please, help.

I am facing the exact same issue - still trying to go through the solutions. I have several customers running 1.6.1.16 as new installations. I see the error about the cart being used in the log files, but orders go through just fine. However, on this one shop that I just upgraded a couple of days ago to 1.6..1.17 we have all sorts of bugs mentioned in this thread. Some orders go through fine, but on some of them the order lines are empty. No e-mails are sent to the customer ever, the status on the order is blank etc.

This "problem" shop was originally PS.1.3 that has been upgraded to 1.4, 1.5 and now the latest version.

Since I have many customers with clean installs of 1.6.1.16 that work fine (except the error in the log about the being used but orders still looking fine), I am wondering if this is a bug that gets carried through on upgraded shops. So Alberto Navarro: Is your shop a fresh install or has it been updated from previous versions too?

EDIT: I have now gotten everything to work. The shop used the Warehouse theme while it was a 1.5 installation. I had removed this theme and all modules but there was still a Mail.php file in the overrides folder. Removing this file solved the problem with missing orders in BO, mail alerts, order confirmation emails, status on the orders in BO being blank and also that the customer is redirected to the order confirmation page in the shop after the order is complete. So check your overrides :-)

Using PS 1.6.1.17

Please, help.

Why are you losing customers to the WARNING message that is discussed in this thread?

This message appearing in the Logs page is just a warning message, but DOES NOT prevent customers from creating orders.

Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

If you have an issue that is preventing customers from creating orders, then it is a different issue, and you should either create your own forum post with the issue you are having, or perhaps consider hiring a developer to help troubleshoot and fix it

I am facing the exact same issue - still trying to go through the solutions. I have several customers running 1.6.1.16 as new installations. I see the error about the cart being used in the log files, but orders go through just fine. However, on this one shop that I just upgraded a couple of days ago to 1.6..1.17 we have all sorts of bugs mentioned in this thread. Some orders go through fine, but on some of them the order lines are empty. No e-mails are sent to the customer ever, the status on the order is blank etc.

This "problem" shop was originally PS.1.3 that has been upgraded to 1.4, 1.5 and now the latest version.

Since I have many customers with clean installs of 1.6.1.16 that work fine (except the error in the log about the being used but orders still looking fine), I am wondering if this is a bug that gets carried through on upgraded shops. So Alberto Navarro: Is your shop a fresh install or has it been updated from previous versions too?

EDIT: I have now gotten everything to work. The shop used the Warehouse theme while it was a 1.5 installation. I had removed this theme and all modules but there was still a Mail.php file in the overrides folder. Removing this file solved the problem with missing orders in BO, mail alerts, order confirmation emails, status on the orders in BO being blank and also that the customer is redirected to the order confirmation page in the shop after the order is complete. So check your overrides :-)

Thanks! I checked the overrides and is not my problem. I deleted caché and everything and didn't work.

As you said before, my store is a clean installation but I migrated manually the customers and orders. Everything was working fine before this migration.

Why are you losing customers to the WARNING message that is discussed in this thread?

This message appearing in the Logs page is just a warning message, but DOES NOT prevent customers from creating orders.

If you have an issue that is preventing customers from creating orders, then it is a different issue, and you should either create your own forum post with the issue you are having, or perhaps consider hiring a developer to help troubleshoot and fix it

Please, read the very first post of this topic and you'll realize that is the same bug. Do you have any other idea that can help me?

I have this in the logs when I made an order:

[Fri Sep 22 15:36:45.759740 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138717693696] [client 188.87.125.119:51612] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/module/bankwire/payment
[Fri Sep 22 15:36:45.759788 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138717693696] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 188.87.125.119:51612] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/module/bankwire/payment

And all of this that I don't really know if has any relation:

[Fri Sep 22 15:13:05.677590 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138776442624] [client 188.87.125.119:51259] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b
[Fri Sep 22 15:13:05.677647 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138776442624] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 188.87.125.119:51259] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b
[Fri Sep 22 15:24:45.721098 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138860369664] [client 188.87.125.119:51426] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b
[Fri Sep 22 15:24:45.721169 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140138860369664] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 188.87.125.119:51426] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b
[Fri Sep 22 15:29:05.730504 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140139003045632] [client 188.87.125.119:51488] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b
[Fri Sep 22 15:29:05.730562 2017] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 7163:tid 140139003045632] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 188.87.125.119:51488] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://tienda.comohacer.eu/admin333xzfpoo/index.php?controller=AdminOrders&id_order=1234&vieworder&token=b13970d94eb4bc027f797299ba4bb66b

You need to activate debugging in config/defines.inc.php (via FTP). As Berlini13 suggested perhaps you should make a new post with a summary of the specfic problems in your shop. I know this post has treated a lot of the same issues - that is why I found it myself. But in order to keep it separated between an error in the log (with no influence on actual orders) and a bug where customers cannot order what so ever, you are better off with your own post.

Please, read the very first post of this topic and you'll realize that is the same bug. Do you have any other idea that can help me?

The WARNING message that appears in the Logs page is a bug, however it DOES NOT prevent customers from placing an order.

If you have an issue that IS preventing order creation, then that is a different issue, and as I said before, you should create your own topic for YOUR issue.

If the warning message appearing in the Logs page is your ONLY problem, then simply ignore it.  It DOES NOT prevent order creation...

Using PS 1.6.1.17

Please, help.

Hello. Have you read my post in this topic (#86)? Hope it helps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello,

the same problem with Prestashop 1.7. ... getting error log after placing order:

Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

Do you have some solution for this? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I m 1.6.1.23 version and using Pay on Delivery module . Orders / invoices are fine, just getting that warning message in LOG all the time when order is made. Sometimes customers complain can't proceed the order coz cart is not holding the items during the order or some errors come up. Not sure if that's the same case.

the order_conf_product_list.txt file is fine , no //// there so not solution.

• 3 months later...

The problem still exists in 1.7.5.1

I  override the PaymentModule.php (yesterday) as suggested but no luck.

The biggest problem with this is that the code at order confirmation page hook does not run always! So google analytics does not have all the completed orders (so the statistics are not correct), also our ERP does not download the order (the trigger is on order confirmation hook, and i see from log file that the code is not running at all ) .

The payment modules where i have this problem and how many times give the error in log, at the last ~2 months, are those

SELECT  o.module, COUNT(*) AS counter
FROM ps_orders o
join ps_log l ON l.object_id = o.id_cart 
WHERE l.object_id > 0 
AND l.object_type = 'cart' 
AND l.message = 'Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart'
GROUP BY o.module

"codfee"    "1692"
"modirumeb"    "12"
"paypal"    "71"
"ps_cashondelivery"    "355"
"ps_wirepayment"    "291"

So in google analytics i don't have stats for some of those orders.

Does others have the same problem with the order confirmation page hook?

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...