Turkey - Taxes

safa

• 2 weeks later...

hi
1-) ÖTV tax is percent 25 or 20 or 13 or any
2-) ÖTV is a custom type tax

ÖTV means Special Consumption Tax, and used on telecomunication, automotive( especially private cars ), etc. and it can be daily change by our government ex: digital cams will include ÖTV after 1.06.2010 but not now. And hasnt a stable rate.

On the other hand, while stores lump products generally the wholesale price already includes ÖTV and sellers dont require to use ÖTV tax to secondary or end-user billing.

There are some custom taxes like it, ex: The TRT tax applies only for TV recivers and Music Players which include radio but sellers dont use it.

The KDV tax rate types are,
KDV %8
KDV % 8
KDV %1

The ÖTV rates are (nearly never using for end-user / selling price)
ÖTV % 9
ÖTV % 6,7
ÖTV % 20
ÖTV % 8.4
ÖTV % 6.5
Turkey is the glory of taxes

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thank you mahmutta!

What about vouchers, shipping costs and handling cost? Is there any tax which should apply?
And do your legislation need any PrestaShop adjustment concerning invoice or the order process?

It looks like you missed that one :P

To safa: I'm afraid I don't get what is specific on your PDF file. Could you please give us more detail?
Thank you in advance.

Hi;
i get it :D

Our legislation (Turkish Trade Law) enforces an invoice voucher which has been applied KDV and (if require) ÖTV,

The invoicing frame (most known) rules are;

All orderings have to been invoiced physically.
Invoice book have to be pressed by an authorized press agency.
All papers Has a "Serial Number".
All invoices have at least two carbon paper copy (total 3 voucher one to customer, one to treasury, and one to save).

The shipping costs are ( mostly calculate by kg)
0-1 kg -> ~3 TL
1-3 kg -> 4-6 TL
3-10 kg -> 10-20 TL
The shipping prices already include needed handling taxes. Sellers add shipping cost to main order invoice. Then get total than apply KDV tax to final cost.

Sample
---

#################################################

INVOICE

SERİAL #1415987 bla bla (This nuber given by Treasury) <----
signature ------------------------------------------ date

<<<< Treasury Stamp >>>>>>

customer info

------
__________________Q______________
Beko LCD TV ________1_____________ 500 TL (already include ÖTV tax, TRT and other "but not KDV")
Shipping Cost _____________________ 20 TL
KDV _____________________________ %+18 (93.60 TL) <<< (KDV should apply to total ) >>>
TOTAL ____________________________613.60 TL

<<<<<< Shop Stamp >>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<>>>>
-------------------------------------------

SO
We can use the PDF invoices for only receipt, or proccess information or greetings :) Because our regulations says "use the serial number which Treasury gived you". And you have to stamp your invoice voucher as well. There is no adjusment i found for ask you.
thanks.

I did not mean that by "voucher" but this mistake allowed you to explain something very interesting about both your tax management and your invoice legal requirements.
So currently the KDV tax is not manageable by PrestaShop without modifications since it applies on a total with "ÖTV tax, TRT and other" which is not possible right now. (That's the purpose of this forum to find out this kind of issue in order to implement some solution).
Moreover, the fact that your invoice requires a specific serial number is also very interesting and also not yet supported. But that is what we are looking as new international features.

By voucher I meant "discount coupon"/"discount note"/"money-off voucher".
Thus does any tax apply to such discount coupon? And if yes how do they apply?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Matthieu
for aught i know there isnt any tax which applies on discount coupon,

I hope you like our interesting invoice requirements. We dont :S So Turks cant use pdf as a formal invoice.
We have 180+ prestashop user hosting customers on our servers. The most asked adjustments, by our customers are

1) PDF charsets isnt usefull with Turkish chars (ş.ü, ç, ı, ö) due to FPDF doesnt support. So we have to replace this library with TCPDF after setup.
(TCPDF supports utf-8 all)

2) Turkish Prestashop users needs manage ordinal of the order steps. Because some shipping and payment methods sets as related hierarchically.
Ex:A lot of prestashop users asked
- Cash on delivery isnt usable for all my Carriers, is it possible to able it for only X carrier ?
- Is it posiblle to disable "Y carrier when Z payment method was selected" ?

3) Manageable watermark background in PDF (may usefull for inform "this is only a SAMPLE invoice and not in force")

4) This may be far out, but is most wanted about order process. "Manageable customer balance-charge system and an integrated payment method".

Thank you in advance.

I hope you like our interesting invoice requirements.

Actually I do not like any invoice requirement :P

1) PDF charsets isnt usefull with Turkish chars (ş.ü, ç, ı, ö) due to FPDF doesnt support. So we have to replace this library with TCPDF after setup.
(TCPDF supports utf-8 all)

This part is really badly documented but you can support Turkish encoding. You just have to generate a FPDF font matching your charset and then configure it from your BO.
Have a look on the Bug Tracker, there is something similar about the greek language ;-)

2) Turkish Prestashop users needs manage ordinal of the order steps. Because some shipping and payment methods sets as related hierarchically.
Ex:A lot of prestashop users asked
- Cash on delivery isnt usable for all my Carriers, is it possible to able it for only X carrier ?
- Is it posiblle to disable "Y carrier when Z payment method was selected" ?

3) Manageable watermark background in PDF (may usefull for inform "this is only a SAMPLE invoice and not in force")

Thank you for those interesting information.

4) This may be far out, but is most wanted about order process. "Manageable customer balance-charge system and an integrated payment method".

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean by "Manageable customer balance-charge system and an integrated payment method".
Could you be more specific please?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid I don't get what you mean by "Manageable customer balance-charge system and an integrated payment method".

me too :D

It simply may be an order module that store admin or customer able to add funds / pre credit to account. Than use on shop.
sorry for delay its because of our non-stop fight on Turkish section .

• 4 months later...