1.6.1.1 backoffice terribly slow on clean installation

I have been waiting several weeks for this 1.6.1.1 version to launch my shop with the last stable and trusted version (because I read some people commented that the first version of a new serial 1.6.x.0 sometimes is not very trusted).

For making progress while 1.6.1.1 was finished, I was configuring and trying my shop in 1.6.1.0.

Now I have two similar shops, one in 1.6.1.0 and other with 1.6.1.1, and I can guarantee the last one is terribly slow!

The 1.6.1.0 does not have any problem of velocity, but the backoffice of the 1.6.1.1 sometimes spent 30 seconds or more to load completely (sometimes it does not end and I have to refresh the url); and that problem does not exist in 1.6.1.0 which is also a clean installation on a same server.

I think it does not have any sense, while it happen randomly. As the bug seem quite "huge", I think Prestashop will release a 1.6.1.2 version fixing very soon, but Prestashop have not commented anything about that.

Does Prestashop know about that?

Is there any approximate date to 1.6.1.2 release?

Should I wait until it (if it would released soon), use 1.6.1.1 or 1.6.1.0 and later 1-click upgrade?

Thanks

• Like 1

Same problem here i have just installed a fresh copy of 1.6.1.1 on localhost

I also have a 1.5.3.1 site which is full of categories and products on localhost, and this runs way faster than the newer versions.

Come on prestashop guys......whats the story???

please post screen shots of back office-->advanced parms-->performance...

note: 1.6.1.1 has some  giddy up so either 1) you don't have smart configured correctly 2) you sever is paging you out (any shared or vps does this) 3) loaded module that is creating issue...but out of the box it's fast both on old localhost i5 and really fast on my dedicated serve 

I have solved this issue with this

../config/smarty.config.inc.php

and change SmartyCustom into Smarty suddenly I get cache files again and all feels a lot faster;

global $smarty;
$smarty = new Smarty();
$smarty->setCompileDir(_PS_CACHE_DIR_.'smarty/compile');
$smarty->setCacheDir(_PS_CACHE_DIR_.'smarty/cache');

I hope the prestashop team response and take care of the failure core system

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply El Patron!

I'm going to try to answer your suggestions:

1) I have not configured anything on the smart, but it's a clean installation. I have never feel this kind of infinity loops on load in 1.6.1.0, 1.6.0.14 and similar versions.

2) Both version (1.6.10 & 1.6.1.1) are on the same Plesk server now, in different subscriptions. As 1.6.1.0 never fall down in this infinity loop while 1.6.1.1 yes; I guess we can reject a problem with the server.

3) About the modules, I have not installed any third party modules. But the truth is that I've installed some modules from Prestashop since the first moment. The fact is that I can not assure you if it was happening before these official modules installation, but I can say that the same modules are installed on the 1.6.1.0 version without any disturbance.

I could deactivate the modules and try to figure out which one is causing the bug, but the difficult here is that the problem occurs randomly, sometimes is not happening, sometimes is happening for 20 second load, for 30 seconds load or infinity load (sorry my english).

I tried to activate errors showing but there is no error, only the wheel above the parrot (left-up corner) always spinning.

I'm looking for those screenshots you asking.

• Like 1

Nortom, thanks for your solution.

The fact is that I tried what you mention and I tried another one solution, but the problem persist (randomly).

I also implemented these changes, but with no luck:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/3836

I "feel" before these solutions the problem happen less times, but it continue happening. But as I said, as the issue happen randomly, I don't know if that feeling is true or not.

I have not tried any other solutions.

and change SmartyCustom into Smarty suddenly I get cache files again and all feels a lot faster;

global $smarty;

$smarty = new Smarty();

I hope the prestashop team response and take care of the failure core system

Tnx Nortom ,

now 17 sec of  "rounding whell"  ( in modify article ) with your change  vs  28 sec of  original previus  file setting.

all the shop in FE seems to works well but still to much slowly in BO.

This is what I said, I feel something better but the problem persist.

I compared that file (smarty.config.inc.php) on 1.6.1.0 and the same file on 1.6.1.1 using a filemerge software, and the new one is plenty of new "{" and "}" characters, the rest is exactly the same.

If the old one worked well, does these new characters have sense? Maybe those changes are which is causing the issue?

https://photos-6.dropbox.com/t/2/AACh5bhyujDhq29kqRhcUOVwBilzRHfXVZy8gq4blBfwpg/12/58846911/png/32x32/1/1440885600/0/2/file_merge.png/CL_dhxwgASACIAMgBCAFIAYgBygH/7YGIbvo1iN3XxpXctePgvqw6nLzMEbeEbEPZAZOm84Q?size=1024x768&size_mode=2

Hi Elpatron. I can't upload a screenshot directly to my comment, the forum doesn't allow me (I think because I have a few messages yet).

Could you see the screenshot if you click the link? It's a dropbox file. I could also upload the screenshot to another service.

Hello,

I do have same problem here. I used to run Prestashop 1.6.0.14 but last monday, I upgraded to 1.6.1.1 and since then, Mysql server goes down 3 times, BO is super slow, and save buttons on product page sometimes take up to 1 min to load !!!

I did try Nortom solution but it's not better

Any ideas ?

It's certainly faster than when I first upgraded by I would say definitely still slower than before I upgraded (1.6.0.14)

nothing sluggish on my liquid web dedicated server, just overpower everything....  some people that work for me make fun of me for the expense...but I never have to dork around with virtual instances, shared/vps...and now when I got an issue I just open ticket to them and go for a swim.  priceless...that's how you can rule the pool.  jajajaja

happy selling

any previous poster, is

Hello,

I do have same problem here. I used to run Prestashop 1.6.0.14 but last monday, I upgraded to 1.6.1.1 and since then, Mysql server goes down 3 times, BO is super slow, and save buttons on product page sometimes take up to 1 min to load !!!

I did try Nortom solution but it's not better

Any ideas ?

tune your server to PrestaShop or get another server. :)

also don't forget about the ps on the cloud...might be worth taking for a spin.

• Like 1

We also observe slow back office after upgrading from 1.6.1.0 to  1.6.1.1
implemented Github modification for 

smarty.config.inc.php

No improvements.

After enabling debug error warning, we get error warming below.

Al suggestions are welcome,

Peter

Notice op lijn 509 in bestand /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/93/f8/9b/93f89b985c5757f5ce176088979b54f2c97989e9.file.header.tpl.php
[8] Undefined index: current_version

Notice op lijn 509 in bestand /home/wieler/domains/derks-wielersport.nl/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/93/f8/9b/93f89b985c5757f5ce176088979b54f2c97989e9.file.header.tpl.php
[8] Trying to get property of non-object

We did put backup back. Error warning is gone now, be backoffice remains slow. Product edit takes 90 seconds to load and up to 50 seconds to save. 

Edited by peter4661 (see edit history)

Anyone found any solution ???? incomparable the old 1.6.0.14 version with the new 1.6.1 1 one  ,  to edit a product page takes more than 30 sec  and with the old version 6 second  , even if the product page load  in the beginning (apparently faster ) around 1.7 sec   but than the icon ajax keep spinning for on the rest 28 second  , I don`t really think is related to the  server side  because before updating to the new version was just working fine .

I appreciate some advice 

Dedi server 

6 processor

8gb ram 

600Gb hd 

Edited by stefanoste (see edit history)
  • Like 1

for limited time, here is a 1.6.1.1 shop in demo mode.

http://prestavault.etiendas.co/adminprestavault

login: [email protected]

pwd: demodemo

The only change I made  was to load my bozoom module.

feel free to kick the tires.

Hi El Patron , thx for the link  you provide but even in your BO didn`t change much , I include a screenshot so you can see what I mean by slow.... when you modify a product  after you enter in the listing the ajax loader keep spinning and take about 15 to 20 sec before you can save again the listing 

post-254921-0-88496700-1441267077_thumb.jpg

for limited time, here is a 1.6.1.1 shop in demo mode.

http://prestavault.etiendas.co/adminprestavault

login: [email protected]

pwd: demodemo

The only change I made  was to load my bozoom module.

feel free to kick the tires.

I've enabled native PrestaShop profiling,  see bottom of any back office (or front office) profiling data.  Note: I've also enabled debug mode which displays.

PS is telling me some interesting things, like upgrade my php and mysql and that on products page they hope I am running shared hosting when in fact I'm running dedicated server...hope this continues to help...

Backoffice  slow, front O.K. 

On trying to identify / troubleshooting really slow request:

On editing a product ( loading time 8 minuts, really bad example  ) using Google Chrome developer tabs, you get the url by name.

see  http://screencast.com/t/1Y3jLF02

Really slow request, loading product tabs;   price, associations, shipping, quantities, suppliers,  ect... 

Looking into the details for each request most of the time spent is waiting time . 

Found this explaination: waiting TTBF:  Time spent waiting for the initial response, also known as the Time To First Byte. This time captures the latency of a round trip to the server in addition to the time spent waiting for the server to deliver the response. 

see example http://screencast.com/t/4nLvh2jhzzg

Now we know this question comes up : is this a server thing ( qwe are on shared server )  or something else?

Peter

Hi I'm experiencing a similiar issue... after upgrading from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.1.1 and I'm using warehouse theme...

Randomnly the website (both backoffice and front) have no rosponse... Sometimes it takes a pair of minuts until they start working again... but for some minuts later it stops again working.

I'm very loss to find any solution... My hosting said that they haven't seen anything strange at logs so what else can I do?

http://nutri-cosmetica.com

thanks

EDIT: I think all this issue has to be with smarty cache... I have deleted by ftp the cache/smarty/cache folder... without index.php and while doing it the site suddenly started working perfectly... now the site works even faster than it did whith PS 1.6.0.9!

Edited by Antakarana (see edit history)

I've enabled native PrestaShop profiling,  see bottom of any back office (or front office) profiling data.  Note: I've also enabled debug mode which displays.

PS is telling me some interesting things, like upgrade my php and mysql and that on products page they hope I am running shared hosting when in fact I'm running dedicated server...hope this continues to help...

Hi El Patron,

Bought your Bozoom module.   It improved backoffice speed for items which are cached and cut loading by approx 50% ( results by Chrome webmaster tools )

On product on edit however it still takes ~ 30 seconds to load.  The slow rendering items are the product tabs jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 ( not from cache) . See example: http://screencast.com/t/kOUhWvWs

We have warning at the bottom of the screen using Chrome webmaster tools. I do not understand what this means. Can you elaborate on this?

• Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4. check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
  • VM2596:2 'webkitMovementX' is deprecated. Please use 'movementX' instead.

Additional observation.   After we re-indexed the site. Backoffice speed was terrible slow ( load product for edit in 3 minuts or so, was 30 seconds)  Cleared smarty cache and rebuilding cache. Wait and see if this will get backoffice up to speed again.

Edited by peter4661 (see edit history)

This:

• Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4. check http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
  • VM2596:2 'webkitMovementX' is deprecated. Please use 'movementX' instead.

doesn't matter. In prevoius version the same errors occured.

I have also big problems with performance after upgrading to 1.6.1.1. Backoffice isn't editable especially managing products.

Hi,

For those who still have the problem, this thread helps : 

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-6601?focusedCommentId=118026&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-118026

Applying patch on AdminController class solve the problem line 2053.

Here is the corrected file : http://files.anopetia.com/download/318cf920a2ad5e6bf135f8256aed7892.html

Replace the existing files in "\classes\controller\AdminController.php"

Cheers

Edited by anopetia (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I have this problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.1, but for the the front is very slow.. Before I had Prestashop 1.6.1.0 and a TTFB of around 400ms, after the upgrade I have  TTFB of 1.85s !!! This is incredible, the new version adds 1.4s in loading the same webpage. After the upgrade I didn't configure anything or install any new modules, I only took the speedtest.  And I re-tested it 4-5 times just to make sure it wasn't a single case event. So it's very clear that the new version is slower. What can we do in this case?

post-18844-0-59301100-1442427025_thumb.png

post-18844-0-07461300-1442427031_thumb.png

Edited by zanpo (see edit history)

Hi,

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-6601?focusedCommentId=118026&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-118026

Here is the corrected file : http://files.anopetia.com/download/318cf920a2ad5e6bf135f8256aed7892.html

Cheers

thanks a lot , works for me :)

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, in fact I´ve been waiting to build my new shop upon the last versión, as recommended, and I feel like in a trap. I can´t understand that such heavy bug could pass a basic filter before public lunching. If it´s about implementing a dedicated server (?) it would deserve a prior warning...I am wasting months, and lately lots of hours improving the solutions all of you menthion in this and other threads over a clean installation, buy anything really works for me, neither on localhost not in the host, where a previous shop 1.5 worked well.

I wish Prestashop issues a patch or guidelines for us to follow.

Thanks you all.

Nokieras

• Like 1

Hello Nortom,

Newbie here and just want you to know that I registered in the forum to say THANK YOU for your post.  I was getting frustrated with the slow back office until I tried your solution.  It worked wonderfully!

global $smarty;
$smarty = new Smarty();

• Like 1

Hi,

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks  a lot.Works for me too.

Great job.

Edited by powerink (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi,

Cheers

Did a fresh install 1.6.1.1

Ran all the above patches

disabled cron task module

did NOT help!  :(

saw these 2 errors a few times:

Tab : Shipping (500)

A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.

Please try again by refreshing the page.

If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

Tab : Shipping (0)

If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

same issue on my production site version 1.6.0.14

------------UPDATE----------

seeing this error everytime I go to the product edit page

Tab : Shipping (0)

Server information Windows NT build 7601 ((null) Service Pack 1) i586

Server software version Apache/2.2.14 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

PHP version 5.3.1

Memory limit 128M

Max execution time 60

Edited by sandman7 (see edit history)

HI, my BO and FO is also terribly slow.  Changing the AdminControler.php file results in not a single improvement in the FO.  The BO is even not accessible anymore.

So reset to Original php file.

any other suggestions?

http://www.zoete-relatiegeschenken.be

I see you have a TTFB of 3.86s and a total loading time for the categories page of 6s. This might be a problem with your hosting or maybe you have to fine tune some performance options. Also I see you have Varnish installed, but it doesn't cache anything.

Edited by zanpo (see edit history)

Hi, I also have my speed issues with the latest update backoffice prestashop . I changed the file admincontroller.php by the new file that you have set . Then do not see anything on my back office and web , I can not access , it is all white!!!

• 1 month later...

Prestashop 1.6.1.2 is running OK for me, I think they make a great job now:)

The module system is something else:) Try this:

Edit: controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php

change line from $modules = Module::getModulesOnDisk();
to          $modules = Module::getModulesInstalled();

Edit: classes/Tools.php
search addonsRequest add after the symbol { next line
        return false;

Thank click in Admin menu on the modules.

Hope this will help You.

András

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

return false;

Hope this will help You.

András

Solved my problem. Excellent Work. Keep it up.

From 200 seconds loading to 7 seconds loading

saving button loads in 12 seconds

Atleast something happens. Earlier it was too bad.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

return false;

Hope this will help You.

András

Finally modules work on 1.6.1.4

Thank you!!!!!!!!!