Tax excluded for a group but shows tax excluded prices with tax inluded label

Hello

There is an issue with tax excluded labelling using prestashop 1.6.1 and eu advanced compliance

Having B2B activated, and using a client group with tax excluded activated in the catalogue the prices are shown without taxes, but the label shown is "tax included"

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance

Bye

Hello

I am trying to understand what causes this error, I am not an expert so I am really trying to guess, by the way I gave a look at advancedeucompliance.php and found this:

/* Handle taxes  Inc./Exc. and Shipping Inc./Exc.*/
        if ($param['type'] == 'price') {
            $smartyVars['price'] = array();
            $need_shipping_label = true;

if ((bool)Configuration::get('AEUC_LABEL_TAX_INC_EXC') === true) {

if ((bool)Configuration::get('PS_TAX') === true) {
                    $smartyVars['price']['tax_str_i18n'] = $this->l('Tax included', 'advancedeucompliance');
                } else {
                    $smartyVars['price']['tax_str_i18n'] = $this->l('Tax excluded', 'advancedeucompliance');
                }

if (isset($param['from']) && $param['from'] == 'blockcart') {
                    $smartyVars['price']['css_class'] = 'aeuc_tax_label_blockcart';
                    $need_shipping_label = false;
                }
            }

it seems to be correct, it states that if PS_TAX output "true" then the label "tax included" is used, otherwise the label Tax excluded is used.

So now I am trying to understand why the wrong label is used, how can I check if the module receives the wrong info from PS_TAX?

In the case PS TAX gives the wrong info happens because it does not give info about the group rule, in fact I found this problem only setting a group to see the prices WITHOUT taxes, and it happens correctly, prices are without taxes and correctly computed, but the label is showing the written tax included.

I am thinking that is possible also that it should get the info form another table, eg. the group table, does this make sense?

Anyone can help me to go further?

Thank you in advance

Regards

• 1 month later...

Bump, did you manage to figure this out?

I'm running into this exact same issue right now. The easy, quick and dirty solution is to just switch the included/excluded labels around.

Since it is just a label, it shouldn't create any other issues.

Another issue however is that in the cart summary the total including VAT is displayed.

On the summary page, step 1 in check out, it gives 'total products (tax excl.)' followed by any shipping costs, and then at the bottom it gives the total cost including tax.

However, when you finish check out at step 5 it only shows the total excluding tax, which it should do on the summary step as well.

Nevermind that, sorted it out in localisation > taxes

My boss has just informed me that even though we are B2B, we still need to charge VAT, so my issue is now a non-issue for.

Thanks for your input El Patron

Edited by thijsvk (see edit history)

Hi El Patron,

That actually doesn't work, it only enables/disables the label. The problem is that even though the customer group is set to have prices displayed excluding taxes, the label doesn't change with it. The prices themselves are correctly displayed without taxes, it is just the 'including or excluding' part of the label.

Which I still need, so back to swapping the label content in advancedeucompliance.php 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...