Addons improvement feedback

bellini13

From The August monthly report

https://addons.prestashop.com/devblog/?p=523

The changelog you have been updating consistently is now displayed in the marketplace in English for all modules! Merchants can now see how often your modules are updated which shows your professionalism and helps to convince buyers to purchase.

We have been submitting change logs with every version of the module for a while now, so there is a lot of history.  Why limit showing only the most recent change log?  The site should allow the customer to view the entire history of changes, not just the latest. 

You say the merchant can now see how often the modules are updated, but in reality they cannot.  They can just see the most recent change log.

Why not show the most recent, and allow the customer to click on a "view all change history" link.  That will really allow them to see how often the modules are updated, and what changes have been made.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not agree with you.

As a customer when you buy software for you windows/linux/mac how often you read change log file? 

Personally - never. 

If I had a software and it was updated, I will read what has been changed, but not when buying new one.

Idea with button 'view all change history' is not bad, but I do not think that a lot of people would click.

For me as a customer is more important thing when the last time was updated not what.

I do not agree with you.

As a customer when you buy software for you windows/linux/mac how often you read change log file? 

Personally - never. 

If I had a software and it was updated, I will read what has been changed, but not when buying new one.

Idea with button 'view all change history' is not bad, but I do not think that a lot of people would click.

For me as a customer is more important thing when the last time was updated not what.

So addons should cater only to those people that want to see the last change log? 

What about new customers that want to understand how frequently the module changes?

What about existing customers that want to see all the changes since their version?

If you don't want to see all the change history, then you don't need to click on the link I propose that would show you all the history...  but that is no reason not to support it..