Modules tab - The controller adminnotfound is missing or invalid.

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue:

I am helping a client upgrade from 1.5.4.1 to the latest version.

To be safe we got a new domain, I backed up the database, downloaded all files via ftp and uploaded them again to the new domain. The idea being to test the upgrade on a different copy before going for it in the main domain

I duplicated the database on a new database and amended the config>setting.inc.php to the new database details. All this went fine.

Everything is good on the new domain copy apart from when I go to the modules tab I get the following:

"The controller adminnotfound is missing or invalid"

Checking the controllers the file adminnotfoundcontroller.php IS there

Looking at the error I can see this when I look at the above file...

Fatal error: Class 'AdminController' not found in /****/*****/**/*****/html/modofficefurniture/controllers/admin/AdminNotFoundController.php on line 28

The file referred to in the above looks like this...

* International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA

*/

class AdminNotFoundControllerCore extends AdminController

{

public function checkAccess()

{

return true;

}

public function viewAccess()

{

return true;

}

public function initContent()

{

$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('Controller not found');

$tpl_vars['controller'] = Tools::getvalue('controller');

$this->context->smarty->assign($tpl_vars);

parent::initContent();

}

}

It looks correct to me...

I am a little stumped here and the only other thing I have found is that the file cache/controllers/AdminModulesController.php did not seem to be in place and when I try to upload it via ftp it immediately disappears.

Obviously I need to be able to see the modules on the back office but I have reached a dead end. Can anyone help? - Best wishes : Dom

Try the following to see if you get any good result:

• Put the store in development mode.
  • Delete file /cache/class_index.php, it will be automatically recreated after you load a page.
  • Manually remove cache, delete everything from /cache/smarty/cache and /cache/smarty/compile except index.php
  • Make sure all the files on server have the same owner and group
  • Only to check if it's a permission issue give to all the files and folders 777

hello

check filesystem of your shop

you mentioned that file adminnotfoundcontroller.php exists

but the name of the file should be AdminNotFoundController.php

i know that some ftp uploaders change the name to the lowercase automatically

Thanks Gabdara.. I tried this but no change I am afraid.

Thanks Vekia, the file name DOES have the upper case letters included, it was just my post which didn't, sorry.

I'm going to try and reload the modules by FTP as well as the controllers/admin folder to see if that helps. Will come back if that is still the same... any help from anyone else would be appreciated? Best wishes : Dom

As an update I have copied all files again from the old domain to the new domain and as soon as I click on the modules tab the following appears (see image). I have checked through all the controllers and they all match so really not sure what I am missing here.. any help would be appreciated. Best wishes : Dom post-178026-0-20351600-1441289337_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I seem to have isolated what might be the issue. The two files AdminAttachmentsController.php and AdminModulesController.php upload to the server ok but on refresh they just disappear !... I have tried renaming them and uploading to a test folder on the site which is at the top level but the same happens, poof, as soon as I refresh the files have vanished. This would certainly seem to be a clue as to the above and I have seen this mentioned elsewhere without being resolved. Anyone got any ideas? Many thanks : Dom

Just to update, I eventually managed to get these files up by using the hosts own file management system rather than ftp and then I got a 500 error which on debugging was caused by the fianetfraud module. Reading the forum it appeared ok to delete this so after deleting bingo, we were all on and ready to test the upgrade. Many thanks: Dom