Spam from Contact Us form...

A while back, I installed the free slider anti-spam module on the Contact Us page but it didn't stop spam, so I installed Google reCAPTCHA and that hasn't stopped the spam either. 

This pointed to a weakness in the form, IMV, as previous cart had a simple image verification but the form was more complicated when compared to the Prestashop form (to my eyes, at least) so that may be why we never received *any* spam. I bugged it but it was dismissed as reCAPTCHA was installed.

Question:  How are spammers able to bypass reCAPTCHA? Spam messages are sent at the same time, indicating they are sent by a spambot.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem, I installed Sliders but the spammer is still using my contact form for spamming.

A simple solution would be not to send the copy to the email the spammer gives (in my case its always yahoo adresses) but only to me.

If the mail goes only to me I will just delete it, but if the copy goes to others my server will be blacklisted.

Any idea how I can change the sending so it will be send only to me?

• 1 year later...

To block spam email from a specific domain such as mail.ru you can use cPanel. Here is a step by step guide.

1) Log into your cPanel and go to Spam Experts or Spam Assassin.  For this example we will use "Spam Experts"

image.png.28720a5a94951d824913534799904c4d.png

2) Click the manage button beside your actual domain

image.png.f47638933e5b94c14f7a43903153d6c5.png

3) Scroll down and click  "Sender Blacklist"

image.png.66ec0236fe44bde6888df0f59e256cca.png

4) Click the box "Sender Blacklist"

image.png.7c74303ae5683220cbd367a28ce552c7.png

5) Click "Add blacklist sender"
image.thumb.png.5bcd01f64b8ae2fa56c0ce3525c8f424.png

6) Enter the email address which can include a wildcard * see screenshot example.

image.png.5f6f7ba3e332a33dd94d029edd99a3ff.png

7) Please then wait 2 to 24 hours for the blocking to propagate and take effect.

image.png

Edited by tpresta
updated (see edit history)

On 8/30/2015 at 1:44 PM, vekia said:

it is necessary to change controllers. this is the only way to protect form.

What do you mean by change controllers? I've been having 5-6 Russian e-mails per day for the last few weeks.