PS 1.6.1.1 Breadcrumb Navigation Incorrect

P.S. 1.6.1.1

The breadcrumb navigation (I believe that is what it is called) is not working properly. Here is an example of what the navigation should look like:

post-867501-0-28577600-1440597099_thumb.jpg

This is the incorrect navigation generated when visiting the category:

post-867501-0-13603000-1440597170_thumb.jpg

I can not find any issue in the categories. This error also happens when clicking on products. For some reason an odd insert is placed into the navigation. Does anyone know why? Is this a bug that I should report?

I did create categories via CSV import. Some categories I deleted.

I attached a screen shot of one of the unrelated categories (see roque-category.jpg). I have searched through the categories and cant find it listed in the back office.

So, I did a SQL query: select * from ps_category where id_category = 1843
It looks like it exists but doesn't show up in the category lists. I manually looked at the category table and there it was.

post-867501-0-28766200-1440854440_thumb.jpg

I reported this as a bug, but have heard nothing back. I believe the cause was a bug in PS 1.6.0.1 that didn't delete categories properly, but that is just my best guess. I had added categories via CSV import using PS 1.6. Some of the categories I deleted. Finding this issue, I upgraded to 1.6.1 hoping that would fix the problem. It did not.

Doing a manual search I found 22 categories that were in the category table that were not showing up in the back office.

I am guessing there are more. So, I manually disabled these rogue categories by setting the active number from 1 to 0. That seems to have worked - so far. The rogue categories do not show up in the breadcrumb navigation and the disabling of them doesn't seem to have hurt all the work I have done.

Since I don't know how PS works with the tables, I'm just trying to fix this by trial and error. I would delete them, but I am not sure if they are tied into other tables in the database.

Does anyone know of a SQL query that will find all the categories that are not showing up in the BO? How about a SQL query or fix to delete these rogue categories safely without damaging the work I have done?

• 4 weeks later...

I listed my fix above and it seems to have worked - the cart is functioning well.

So, I manually disabled these rogue categories by setting the active number from 1 to 0.

Your tables might be different, so be careful what you modify. That seemed to do the trick for me. I also updated to the latest PS in hopes that this bug was fixed. I don't know if what I did affects anything else, but it worked for me.