<RESOLVED> Need help with product image sizing

Hi,
I'm having real problems with sizing my product images correctly. The images I have been given by the supplier are 600x165 and prestashop displays them in a squared box size. This causes the images to look too small in the product listing and on the primary product page.
I have now got myself into such a mess by tinkering about with image sizing in the global.css and in some of the .tpl files in order to display my images correctly that the images now look 'grainy' and don't look good when they are enlarged in thickbox.

Could anyone please guide me in the right direction for displaying my images correctly when uploading them in 600x165. I know that I've been a very silly boy for messing around with lines of code that I know nothing about but I'm really struggling with this and would appreciate any help given to me.

Could some one also remind me what the default image settings should be in back end image preferences as I've been playing around with these as well.

Bless you all.

UPDATE: Ok, I've solved the problem - it was staring right at me!
I had to match the image preference sizes with the sizes I changed in the global.css and make sure the constrain proportions were correct.

• 2 weeks later...