PayPal button does not work on click

twinkleKitten

also me :( no answer from paypal i get this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

i use prestashop 1.5 and paypal module was updated to 3.10

Edited by macr1 (see edit history)

button now works. Am getting this error now 

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Hi,

after setting permissions it works on Firefox but doesn't on Chrome; chrome js console reports IC_SETUP_CONTAINER_ERROR: Can't find element paypal_process_payment

The bug caused my temporary suspension of Google Merchant Account, so any suggestions are welcome!

prestahop: 1.6.1.0

paypal: 3.10.1

ccc e cache disabled for debugging

https://www.mondomiele.com (it requires to signon with a -even fake- italian address)

PS: be careful catching paypal credentials using its pop-up: it fails reporting passwords with periods (.) .Use paypal account page

edit

well, testcase is a bit different: on a new chrome (everything works fine on firefox) session the button works for the very first time I click it, if I close paypal windows, leave cart page (for home or other content in website, still logged) when I come back to cart, paypal is not clickable

re-edit... paypal module updated to v3.10.2, it works. 

Edited by mondomiele (see edit history)

Hiya,

so i just updated prestashop and the button now  works. however now i get an error popup that says:

"error in ajax postInternal Server error"

How would i go about fixing this?

I solved this issue copying api credentials from profile page in paypal.com: pop-up from module backoffice page truncates password if they contains dots (periods) inside

(for example: gkghsdnrvuihnguisengiehn.cvhvfsv   reported only as gkghsdnrvuihnguisengiehn in popup, in 3.10.0).

and a big Thank you to ProGraphics UK, it helped a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for refreshing after 2 months, but I face the same problem and I can't solve it. PayPal button in the checkout doesn't work when clicking. I've changed permissions to the paypal module directory, but it didn't change anything. Any suggestions please? 

• 2 weeks later...

Solved. Had the same problem with paypal, ie nothing happens when you click on the paypal button. This is what I did to fix, hopefully will help someone else.

Goto back office -> preferences -> SEO & URLS -> Set Shop URL -> remove the SSL domain link value -> save. In my case my client wasn't using secure certificates so by removing the value it fixed the paypal problem. If you use SSL then double check the value is correct and/or re-enter value and save.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 9/4/2015 at 1:18 PM, mondomiele said:

I solved this issue copying api credentials from profile page in paypal.com: pop-up from module backoffice page truncates password if they contains dots (periods) inside

(for example: gkghsdnrvuihnguisengiehn.cvhvfsv   reported only as gkghsdnrvuihnguisengiehn in popup, in 3.10.0).

and a big Thank you to ProGraphics UK, it helped a lot!

I have the same problem(Error in ajax post Internal Server Error). I understand the issue but i don't know where to copy the correct API from paypal.com.