You cannot place a new order from your country. Europe

Hello, today I am connected with a satellite internet connection and I see the follow message on my e-commerce:

"You cannot place a new order from your country. Europe".

I checked the Geo Localization options but Europe is a Zone, not a country, and is enabled. All countries in Europe are enabled. Shipping is set for Europe zone.

What else I need to check to enable this?

The IP address that Prestashop is receiving is being associated to a Country you have created called Europe.  And you have configured Europe to be restricted.

First things first, what is the IP address?

Second, go to Preferences > Geolocation in the back office and confirm that Europe is in the list of countries.

I don't find any information on that page but, if it was wrote in there, probably I did it.

I remember also that when I installed the module http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/prestashop-modules/70-location-detection.html they request to change a file.

Which is the file of Geolocation and where I can find the original one?

I am in Italy and I have no restriction on this country. I had this problem for the first time because now I am on a remote village and they have satellite internet connection.

I think the problem if due from this kind of connection.

Well sounds like you are not using Prestashops internal GEO IP functionality, and you should have been clear about using a third party module when you posted your issue originally.

I would suggest that you reach out to the author of that module for direction now.

• Like 1

Here I am again. The module producer say that that error come from Geolocation and not fro their module that not influence the standard geolocation.

Infact if I disable their module I still have the message. If I disable Geolocation it disappear.

I notice also that, when I enable the Geolocation I receive the following error: "Country selection is invalid." What does it mean? There is something wrong with the standard geolocation?

Thanks, Daniele

• 2 months later...

Bump

The issue is like this:

• Europe is enabled as a "Zone" (Europe is not a country, it is a continent)
  • All countries in the zone of Europe are enabled.
  • Prestashop is identifying the user as being in the "Country" of Europe which does not exist in the GEOIP file or in the real world
  • User is unable to place order as there is no "Country" configuration for the (mis)identified country

Workaround: Disable GEOIP

Solution: ???????

• 1 month later...

I've resolved the problem by remplacing line 699 of file : /classes/controller/FrontController.php

if (is_object($record))
{

by :

if (is_object($record) && $record->country_code != 'EU')
{

This code disable Geolocation only when location is Europe...

I know it isn't recommended to edit directly Prestashop Core but I haven't found better solution

Edited by fabienlege (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Well as far as I could test the better solution would be to create 2 additional countries.

1 Europe witht iso code EU Zone Europe currency €

2 Asia Pacific iso code AS Zone Oceania currency whatever maybe US$

but do not enable the countries so they are not visible for the customers.

But enable them under prefs/geolocation as allowed countries.

That seems to work as far as I can tell.

Greetz, Trip

Edited by Trip (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I solved this issue long ago with my Geo Targeting Pro module.  For non resolved IP addresses the module allows you to configure a default country.

There are many other features but for this post the default country handling is on topic.

but a nifty feature you can simulate a IP or a Country to see how well localized your shop really is.

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2016 at 9:55 AM, El Patron said:

I solved this issue long ago with my Geo Targeting Pro module.  For non resolved IP addresses the module allows you to configure a default country.

There are many other features but for this post the default country handling is on topic.

but a nifty feature you can simulate a IP or a Country to see how well localized your shop really is.

just an update, we added two MaxMind commercial db's to Geo Targeting Pro module.  (module also on ps addons)

Note Geolitecity.dat file used by native PS geoloaction is at best 85% accurate (USA etc) and when you enable native PS Geo-location and  IP DOES NOT RESOLVE visitor will either be informed 'you cannot  place and order' or 503 overload (cannot view shop).  This is based on your PS geo location settings.

again to remind everyone, GTP module allows you to set any country as default for non-resolved IP's.  it has other nice features but this why I originally wrote the module for ps 1.4.   muy importante anyone using native Geo Location understand non-resolved IP handling...

99.% or higher resolve rate with commercial MaxMind db's all of whom are international sellers.

note:  MaxMind's free geolitecity.dat file is reaching 'end of life' and will not be updated (mid-2018) and then later dropped all together.

also, as geo localization is probably my 'thing' PS does not support shipping localization, i.e. uses default country shipping.  

I was living in Spain, where for whatever reason get's  my mojo going and spent  spent six months building Shipping Commander.  Which also  integrates with GTP module and has the 'best' shipping localization on the planet and on any ecms.  Hey mom look what I did sort of thing.  Here is  link to demo.  we are not marketing experts and few get rich in module eco except those that  market well....of years in ps this is my most favorite module....two years later and I still love this module.....

SC shows visitor visually their actual ship to country but is very very configurable.  carriers, prices etc.....

shipping localization news:  we see now 'finally' amazon detecting ip country and informing visitor if this product ships to your country.....before you did not know to end of checkout.....for shops that have ccTLD for example .uk/.fr but who also ship to other countries MUST LOCALIZE SHIPPING as a large majority of people will assume you are local to your country only.  .

living outside of the US part time we find issue even with the largest of companies handling of localization,  we could not by airline tickets from southwest airlines when in south america nor sw out delivery country on dell.com to make 'any' purchase.  

also over the years and now being the only current US Certified Partner Agency we offer (because I have fun doing it) a complete geo localization  configuration using  our geo module eco.   if you are a entrepreneur wanting to go international contact us at PrestaHeroes.  We are flat out the giants and do not offer voodoo geo that we see  in module eco.  

geo targeting is 'not about guessing'.  

happy geoing....Fred