Theme Update Documentation

I could not find documentation that talks about upgrading your theme for newer versions of PresaShop. For instance I have a theme I am looking at, that is v1.6.0 compatible and I just installed Prestashop v1.6.1. Where can I find documentation showing templating changes from v1.6.0 to v1.6.1?

I would like to know if this theme is compatible and if not what I need to do to make it compatible. Plus, I would hate to pay for a template that may or may not work.

I could not find documentation that talks about upgrading your theme for newer versions of PresaShop. For instance I have a theme I am looking at, that is v1.6.0 compatible and I just installed Prestashop v1.6.1. Where can I find documentation showing templating changes from v1.6.0 to v1.6.1?

I would like to know if this theme is compatible and if not what I need to do to make it compatible. Plus, I would hate to pay for a template that may or may not work.

Are you using the default bootstrap theme or a theme you purchased? Have you modified the default theme or the theme you purchased? Have you contacted the theme developer if not the default theme?

I am using a theme I purchased (last night when I wrote this post I was debating on purchasing). I contacted the developer and they told me it was compatible.

However, I would like to dig a little deeper into my themes myself (instead of contacting the developer) to make the changes. If in the future I have an older theme and a new version of Prestashop comes out, I would like to know what has changed (theme wise) in the newer version of Prestashop. In zen cart they post the theme changes so we can modify our older templates for compatibility. I would guess you also post the updates for a new version, but I could not find them in your forum.

This is what I am looking for; updated changes that affect themes for new releases of PrestaShop. If this information is not available, then how do the theme developers know how to make new themes compatible with the newses versions of PrestaShop?

Do you have the developer skills to undergo such a task? It involved experience with Smarty Template Engine, PHP Coding and bootstrap code development.

Yes and no. I have been a webmaster for over 10 years and I know HTML and CSS very well. Javascript and JQuery are a part of life now. I work daily with PHP, but don't hard code it myself. Usually I ask for help when it comes to direct PHP line modifications. I know enough to modify and tweak PHP and fix errors by removing improper syntax. Bootstrap is easy and its available everywhere as ready made scripts exist for everything you want.

I have started to read your developers area on template development. I knew long before I came over you use smarty templating. Its not difficult, although I am far from good in Smarty. So I know enough to tweak my own templates and will learn. Just like any other cart you can always start with the default (or a paid) and tweak it to your liking when new.

I have to the skills to cut and paste lines of code and meneveur them around in most cases for PHP. For much of the other coding I already know how to use. I am not shy about getting my hands dirty.

My experience is templates are not the difficult since I already know basic web coding. Its not like I am writing function modules in PHP. Now that for me, would be a problem.