Escape Smarty Variables

Raghubendra

I have developed a module for Prestashop and when I validate it on the validator, I get security issues saying that - 

Invalid escape modifiers count, could be escaped like: "{$data|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"

When I use a integer, float or string variable, then I use html or htmlall to escape the vaiables, but what if I don't want to use any escape modifiers as the smarty variable may contain some html content and I don't want to escape the html in the variable.

I was using unescape or escape:'':'UTF-8' before but now they have also removed it. So, what should I use now.

Please help.

:rolleyes:  

I have developed a module for Prestashop and when I validate it on the validator, I get security issues saying that - 

Invalid escape modifiers count, could be escaped like: "{$data|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"

When I use a integer, float or string variable, then I use html or htmlall to escape the vaiables, but what if I don't want to use any escape modifiers as the smarty variable may contain some html content and I don't want to escape the html in the variable.

I was using unescape or escape:'':'UTF-8' before but now they have also removed it. So, what should I use now.

Please help.

:rolleyes:  

hello

you can use the escape modifiers count in smarty template like as

(1) int value the "{$data|intval}"
(2) float value the "{$data|floatval}"
Edited by Nishith (see edit history)

I am not talking about the int or float variables. I am talking about a variable that may contain some html content in it and if I use escape:'htmlall', then all the html is striped from the variable and I do not want that.

hi..

read this topic

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/449853-prestashop-validator-issue/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/368257-prestashop-validator-issue-in-prestashop-module-development/

help you.