[Module] Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition (Final)

ejectcore

Hi all,

can somebody help me with this lil' problem?

i installed, transplanted it on the left, but
- the display seems like jumbled up (top and bottom border)
- there is no slide at the top, instead it displays "Clear All" only
- and the price is repeated twice

(pic attached)

please helpppp

this is a great module, cant hold to use it

thanks folks!

28651_paFYZtBG8tY5oZd9Z1jB_t

Hi everyone, thanks for awesome filter module first.

And i have one more question too:

I am creating e-shop powered by prestashop and my company wants too have filtering system this way: first client presses input checkbox'es which they he wants to filter products list, and after that presses something similar to SUBMIT button, and only when filtering is activated. (YEAH I KNOW THATS SOUNDS SILLY)

But i can't make them to change there mind. So if it is quite easy implemented or quite hard or imposible i would be thankfull for your minds :)

I would like to know weather it is possible to have this module working on the sale products, new products and the search result pages.... REALLY WOULD LIKE TO ACHIEVE THIS, as it messes with the consistency of the design.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

:)

I have a big problem with coremanager (filtersearch). When I have only few products in shop - everything is ok (or if I work without of coremanager - filtersearch - for example on home/main site - nor category site).

Now I have 500 items in shop and there is a problem with this module.
When I try to enter to some category - server don't answer about 5-20 second (it depends from numbers of products in category, I've tested it on few servers) and only after this long long time - page started to load....
If I uninstall coremanager - everything is ok, page started to load immediately..... Some ideas? I need this filtersearch but time of loading page (preparing to load...) is not acceptable....

Hello Everyone.

I know that we have been unavailable in this community for some time now,
We have been extremely busy with several large projects and a new Pro Core module
called Checkout Pro.

To recap how filter search Community edition works.

Filter Search Community Edition only displays in the categories section!
If your an experienced php programmer you may be able to write additional functions
to display the filter in other locations of your site, but this is not something that we are going to do for you in this edition.

The community edition comes with no administration functionality!
Again if you are an experienced developer, you can create you own configuration options.

Finally since this is a community module, there is no support aside from major bugs fixes!

Filter Search Enterprise remains the 800lb Gorilla of Product Filter Modules for your Prestashop.
Enterprise has the most comprehensive feature set and is growing rapidly. It goes without saying that the Enterprise Edition has an enhanced performance level than the community edition. However, really it is the way your prestashop is structured and your server configuration. We constantly strive to improve performance and you can expect future releases of Filter Search Enterprise to be more robust with plug-in development, and enhancements to make your Prestashop faster than ever!

For those of you who are serious prestashoppers, but are a little timid about the price of the full-featured Enterprise edition, for a limited time only we are offering a 30 day two part payment plan for this module.

Finally since this is a community module, there is no support aside from major bugs fixes!

I think that 20sec waiting time (server don't answer and this is not from server reason) this is a bug....

Again this is not a bug.

What it comes down to is performance issues on your server.
For your edification, the entire dataset for your category is being requested via Ajax and because everything is loading through ajax, of course there will be some time to waiting.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve performance but we will not be making modifications in this release.

If you would like to send us an email we will try to investigate why your processing request is taking so long.
We will not usually be able to support this but in this instance we can at least investigate for a few minutes.

Also remember you are displaying all possible filter combination's in addition to processing 500 requests via ajax so of course this will be slower.  In the enterprise edition you will be able to define your filter selection for every category/manufacturer thus decreasing the load processed through ajax.

To further test - go into your back-office and disable the Filter Search module, then set your display products to 500 or more and test how long it takes to display them.

I think that 20sec waiting time (server don't answer and this is not from server reason) this is a bug....

sorry to be "direct" but I disagree with that: I am using FSP since over a year and really I must say it's a really really a nice and usefull module. I could not imagine to display my products without this tool. my customers loves it.

just try it on my shop, with this link, and tell me if it's slow...

I guess you need a faster server or perhaps a pro/enterprise module version...
I can easely imagine that the "free" version is not as powerfull than a paid version.
so, if you want to use this module fully, you know what you need to do...

Hello, great mod!

Is there a way to let each FilterGroup to be collapsed by default (like cart box feature, for example), because if there are many features the feature list becomes very long, please?

Something like this one:

http://www.watchshop.com/Mens-Classic-Watches.html

You can see that feature list could be expanded or collapsed to suite screen height size.

Many thanks
F

Hello, great mod!

Is there a way to let each FilterGroup to be collapsed by default (like cart box feature, for example), because if there are many features the feature list becomes very long, please?

Something like this one:

http://www.watchshop.com/Mens-Classic-Watches.html

You can see that feature list could be expanded or collapsed to suite screen height size.

Many thanks
F

absolutely! with the paid version, you will have many BO administration possibilities. for instance you can decide how many items should be displayed, and this for each group. check on my pages. I have put 6 items and a "see more" link opens the group to display all the attributes. of course, the free version does not include any BO option (which is quite normal...) :-)

Hello Fabrice!

Many thanks for your reply! I agree, this mod is incredible. I think that I will upgrade to Enterprise version soon....

I see that it is going to be released a "lite" version too... and I don't know which features lite edition will have, and which ones will not.

OFF TOPIC:
I visited your website, it is awesome! You are also using a very nice menu system: it is simple to configure, please?

Thanks
FF

Hello Fabrice!

Many thanks for your reply! I agree, this mod is incredible. I think that I will upgrade to Enterprise version soon....

I see that it is going to be released a "lite" version too... and I don't know which features lite edition will have, and which ones will not.

OFF TOPIC:
I visited your website, it is awesome! You are also using a very nice menu system: it is simple to configure, please?

Thanks
FF

yes, if you need Filter Search, I can only try to convince you to upgrade. It's really a beautifull tool... and the BO is amazing. So eazy and so necessary...
About the menu: yes you can find it in Bvince's site. As it it nos allowed here to make advertising for paid module ;-) please send me a PM or search for Bvince in the forums.

Hello, i need help. I don't know why but Filter Search Community Edition module don't work with my themplate. I am using "matrice" theme, when i select some feature nothing happends...If i set default prestashop theme it works! Where is the problem?

and the answer is... your theme.
or you change your theme, or you adapt it, by copying/moving the missing/wrong information.
I guess your using about the free version ? so you won't get any support for that problem.
If you have the paid version, you can ask EjectCore. Perhaps they can help you.
But as the problem is not the module itself...

I found solution :)
1. Change: /modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/views/product-list.tpl with yours template "product-list.tpl".

2. Open yours template "product-list.tpl", and just insert "id="product_list".

My template "products-list.tpl" looks like this:

{if $products}
       {include file=$tpl_dir./product-sort.tpl}
   {/if}

{if isset($products) AND $products}
        {assign var='liHeight' value=360}
        {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=4}
        {assign var='nbLi' value=$products|@count}
        {assign var='nbLines' value=$nbLi/$nbItemsPerLine|ceil}
        {assign var='ulHeight' value=$nbLines*$liHeight}
           {foreach from=$products item=product name=products}
           {assign var='productLink' value=$link->getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)}

{if $product.new == 1}{l s='new'}
{/if}
         {if $product.on_sale}
{l s='On sale!'}
         {elseif ($product.reduction_price != 0 || $product.reduction_percent != 0) && ($product.reduction_from == $product.reduction_to OR ($smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' <= $product.reduction_to && $smarty.now|date_format:'%Y-%m-%d' >= $product.reduction_from))}
{l s='Price lowered!'} {convertPrice price=$product.price_without_reduction}

{/if}
         {if ($product.quantity > 0)}

{if $product.quantity == 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product.available_later}{else}{/if}{else}{$product.available_now}{/if}{else}             0}{elseif $product.allow_oosp}{l s=$product.available_later} style="display:none;"{/if}>
{l s='Out of stock'}              
{if $product.quantity > 0}{elseif $product.allow_oosp}{l s=$product.available_later}{/if}

{/if}

{$product.name|truncate:28|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{$product.description_short|strip_tags|truncate:110:'...'}

{displayWtPrice p=$product.price}
{l s='view'}                  
              {if ($product.quantity > 0 OR $product.allow_oosp) AND $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Cart'}
         {else}
{l s='cart'}
         {/if}

{/foreach}
       {else}

{l s='No products'}
   {/if}

<!-- Pagination -->
   {if $products}
       {include file=$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl}
   {/if}    

Greetings buddies,

I'm new to this module and I'm having the same trouble after install, the module doesnt appear in any position transplanted.

Once you install Core Manager you can use the latest jquery libraries throughout your prestashop site with no conflicts by other prestashop modules. To use these new libraries you just need to use $$ as an alias.
We also utilize every hook in prestashop to support future module development without Core Modifications

Actually I didnt understand the solutions you guys posted here,

tested on both 1.2 and 1.3.1(fresh install) versions
running on PHP 5.3.1; MySQL 5.1.41 under xampp 1.7.3 bundle
and zend server CE 5.0.3, same problem to all

I would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance,
Gian

Hi,

I attempted to download this edition of filter search, but got a page not found error. I will probably need to purchase a commercial version, but would like to try the community edition first to see how it will integrate into our site. Is it no longer available for download?

Thank you,

Here you go jfriday.

By the way, I've noticed that the module just appears on the lowest sub-category, for example, I have 3 sub-categories, on inside another, it just works for the last one. Is that normal? if it is, anyone know how I manage to show it all the way through categories/sub-categories?

I appreciate the help,
Gian

EDIT: Forget it, my product was added just in the lowest sub-category, it has to be added through all the parent categories

coremanager.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

can somebody help me with this lil' problem?

i installed, transplanted it on the left, but
- the display seems like jumbled up (top and bottom border)
- there is no slide at the top, instead it displays "Clear All" only
- and the price is repeated twice

(pic attached)

please helpppp

this is a great module, cant hold to use it

thanks folks!

Edit the file filtersearch.css in modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/assets/

find the lines:
/* top */
#tleft, #tcenter, #tright, #bleft, #bcenter, #bright { clear:left; float:left; height:9px;}

and replace by

#tleft, #tcenter, #tright, #bleft, #bcenter, #bright { float:left; height:9px;} 

it should be displayed properly.

Hello,

Thanks for this module.
I dont understand how the file modules\coremanager\modules\filtersearch\views\product-list.tpl replace the file theme\Prestashop\product-list.tpl
Can you explain me the craftiness ?

Thanks

This module is not working in 1.3.2 :(

Because of no such a $protocol_link in this version anymore... There`s only a $protocol, for some reason.

Could there someone answer to my question ?????

Can someone help me edit the code so that i can simply make a link for 'yellow' and when clicked on it it will go to ether the search or category page and display all products with an attribute/combination of 'yellow'.. and with other parameters of the product being enabled for sale?

even if its a simple... select all from products table where attribute=yellow and product is enabled for sale. i just dont know enough php/mysql to do this and have it sent thru smarty the way that the search/category, product-list will use it correctly.

Am I invisible ? I thinkthat smarter would be not to replace init.php, but in coremanager.php edit protocol_link to protocol, and that`s all.

THX Bro! Replace the protocol_link with protocol. Great!

Hello, greate module! Im have trouble view pages in Firefox useing it though. Any fix for this?

I attach to screenshots, first one is from FF, and secound one i IE. My pictures on the live site is bigger an pushes down the tab at the bottom and displays it right. But FF only show the tab, any ideers or fixes?

31291_M2IVP6rmkl2wBRVqHkMC_t

31292_ywmdQfHV2Oy4zyH4vzix_t

Hi!
and thank you to share this module.
I have a problem on front office. It doesn't appear correctly. I'va transplanted in right column, the only position the module can appear (i don't know why). But one part of the module appears on top of products and one other on the bottom of products.

Do i made something wrong?

here is the problem :
http://palissades.fr/category.php?id_category=16

Hello to all Filtersearch Community Version Users
This post is to inform you of news about Filter Search and Ejectcore Labs.

Lately we have been placing all our focus on development of
Checkout Pro (The Next Generation 2 Step Ajax Checkout System for Prestashop)
And the new extended commercial API that both Filter Search Enterprise and Checkout Pro both now use!  
This gives Filter Search Enterprise and the soon to be released Lite edition incredible speed (more than a 75% increase) and amazing extensibility options.

Yes we did just announce that Filter Search Lite is near completion!
We will release one last update for Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition which is to fix bugs and some of the new issues that you have mentioned on the forums with prestashop 1.3.2.

Additionally we are removing the API from the community edition which will make this a standalone module.
This update will be fully compatible with Prestashop 1.3.2 and you will be able to upgrade to Filter Search Lite or the Full Enterprise edition directly from the back office!

Thank you for your support of Filter Search and Eject Core Labs.

This gives Filter Search Enterprise and the soon to be released Lite edition incredible speed (more than a 75% increase) and amazing extensibility options.

Can you confirm that Lite edition for shure will be more quicker than community edition?
Have you option "3 days trial version" - I need to be sure that Lite edition will be quicker than community edition....
When will you plan to release Lite edition?

Bonjour
âpre installation du module ??

Hello
After installing the module?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mnt/132/sda/3/d/kdd.auto/modules/coremanager/libraries/procore.api.php on line 346

Merci pour les réponse éventuelle
Thank you for any response

Hello to all Filtersearch Community Version Users

Yes we did just announce that Filter Search Lite is near completion!
We will release one last update for Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition which is to fix bugs and some of the new issues that you have mentioned on the forums with prestashop 1.3.2.

Additionally we are removing the API from the community edition which will make this a standalone module.
This update will be fully compatible with Prestashop 1.3.2 and you will be able to upgrade to Filter Search Lite or the Full Enterprise edition directly from the back office!

Thank you for your support of Filter Search and Eject Core Labs.

Thank you for your involvement .
Can you provide any ETA for this ?

Cheers,
Ray

Hi all,

I Try to install the community Edition on a 1.3.2.3 prestashop but I am having an issue.
Nothing appears on the front office.
I have tried with the file given at the bottom of the first post, and also with the file from addons.prestashop.com

The installation process seems to go well, and the sql script affects the database correctly.

One thing is strange, when I go to the positions page. and try to see where is the "filter search bloc", I see one filter search bloc for each sections of the website (see the file in attachment).

I tried to uninstall, and reinstall the module, to transplant blocs in sections, move them, remove them, etc...

NOTHING happens...

Now about the permissions of the lang folder: I run on a wamp server on a windows 7 OS so no CHMOD 777 possible. Can it be the source of the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

32179_nUJdnmAXbRrCtrxUVHJQ_t

I have a problem, and i think there is a bug in module. I have set that in one page are shown 42 products, and when i click on category menu whit IE8 internet explorer sometimes i get this error....

32184_8vcOb0XqCtn6aFAikSHI_t

Thanks for this module. One issue i have observed is that when a new currency is selected, the page refreshes but the currency does not update. I suspect it has something to do with how the module stores or caches its queries. Can someone please direct me to the code that disables filter search from storing its searches?

I love this module but don't want my products to be sorted by 'Newest'.

Does anyone know how to make 'Position inside category' the default sort order (as specified in 'Back Office >> Preferences >> Products') when using Filter Search 2.1?

Bonsoir
Merci pour ce module,
Je souhaiterai faire disparaitre l'affichage du montant ht taxe du produit dans ce module
si quelqun a une idée

Salut ,

Dans "filtersearch\views", tu modiufies le fichier "product-list.tpl"

tu mets ces lignes en commentaire comme ceci :

<!--div>
{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}
                   {if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx' mod='filtersearch'}{/if}
>

A+

This mod works perfect for me and its a great addition to my webstore, but I have one tiny problem.
One maincategory (and I think i made it after installing filtersearch) is showing the english texts in the productlist (New & View) instead of my dutch language. When i click a subcategory of this maincategory it does show the dutch text as all the rest of my categories.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but it didnt make any difference.
So strange its just one category showing the wrong language in the productlist. Any idea?

hphilg

Bonjour merci pour le coup de mains, mais malheureusement meme en mettant les lignes concernées en commentaire le prix ht s'affiche tout de meme et il decale en plus l'affichage.
J'ai vu dans d'autre post que apparement meme si on modifie des variables dans ce module elles ne sont pas prisent en compte
bizzare non???

hphilg

Bonjour merci pour le coup de mains, mais malheureusement meme en mettant les lignes concernées en commentaire le prix ht s'affiche tout de meme et il decale en plus l'affichage.
J'ai vu dans d'autre post que apparement meme si on modifie des variables dans ce module elles ne sont pas prisent en compte
bizzare non???

Bizarre, moi cela focntionne parfaitement..
As tu essayé en mettant le théme d'origine?

Bonjour je viens juste d'acquerir la version complete 2.1 (200€) et j'ai exactement le meme probleme qu'avec la version gratuite :
Lorsque je sélectionne une catégorie, aucun article ne s'affiche
Lorsque je clique sur une option j'ai l'impression qu'il n'y a pas de rafraichissement
Je vois le bon nombre d'articles pour chaque catégorie !
filter-pb.jpg

J'ai installé PrestaShop v.1.3.2
Je n'ai ajouté aucun theme ni autre module à part ce module ,qui s'affiche comme tel :
Pro Core Manager API v1.0.0
Pro Core API Module & Plugin Management.

J'ai modifié le dossier themes/prestashop/lang en 777

Merci de m'indiquer où est le probleme !

I have problem with pagination. I set that pagination will be in footer of category product page, but when i click some parameter in filter search pagination makes double. Look in example.
Maybe anyone know how to fix this?

32703_UWLAYUC5gOOwEoqAaR8g_t

Don't you think that you have overpriced your commercial editions?

My god, entire platforms cost much less than this simple mod, take the SocialEngine for example, costs only 140 euros, and it has 6 megabytes of code, and you are charging 200 Euros for tiny little peace of code? I just gonna say ROTFL on this one, as this is insane price for the thing such as this one...

I've gotten the same, even better thing from a freelancer, for $50

You truly are an insane person :D No further comments :)

Don't you think that you have overpriced your commercial editions?

My god, entire platforms cost much less than this simple mod, take the SocialEngine for example, costs only 140 euros, and it has 6 megabytes of code, and you are charging 200 Euros for tiny little peace of code? I just gonna say ROTFL on this one, as this is insane price for the thing such as this one...

I've gotten the same, even better thing from a freelancer, for $50

You truly are an insane person :D No further comments :)

I Will make you an offer.
I Can reduce your cost for your custom-built module by buying it for $25 :-)

Is it possible to hook yours to the center of the page???

I would love to help you but i am afraid that it's kind of impossible, I had a deal with a guy not to sell or share a module, and he has encoded the entire module with an addition of code which tracks if module is used on other domain besides mine... :(

I would love to help you but i am afraid that it's kind of impossible, I had a deal with a guy not to sell or share a module, and he has encoded the entire module with an addition of code which tracks if module is used on other domain besides mine... :(

Ok...

Can you PM his contact information??

IS THERE A MODERATOR FOR THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totaly agree!!

There musy be some developer here to answer our questions.
I´m still looking for the answer to my earlier question:

Is there a way to "hook" the search module to the center of the page,just above the products?????

Please reply!!