[Module] Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition (Final)

ejectcore

Hi,

Thank you for this fantastic module - I love it! I am using the community edition right now and was wondering if there was any way I could only filter by "Features" and NOT by "Attributes" at all?

thanks,

kate
Sweet Cricket Stationery

Hi Kate !
As mentioned before, community edition allows no administration. But using one of the fantastic paid version, you could do whatever you want. for each category! (that means, you can manage the display differently for each part of your site). If you want for instance display some Features informations for cat 1 and not for cat 2, and reorder the display of each item, this is possible. same for attributes of course. everything is possible... ;-)

hi Ejectcore,
i´m triying your module and i think is wonderfull...
but one question... is posible to put the filter search in product.php page to can search and filter the combinations of the product and obtain the diferent customizations of the product?
Thanks
Borja

Thank you all for your patience we are now in the testing phase.
Filter Search 2.1 will be released next week!

We will get round to answering everyone's questions early next week ;)

thanks for your good news!

Thank you all for your patience we are now in the testing phase.
Filter Search 2.1 will be released next week!

We will get round to answering everyone's questions early next week ;)

Great!
I don't know if somebody posted a small bug I found today.
If you have different prices for atributes like for example different size and you select the atribute filter it shows the "default price" it makes a small confussion for customers, because it doesn't show the proper price until you realize that in the cart.
Anyway the modul is brilliant.

Hi,

I've seen your module on different website. It seems very well.

But, actually your website is out of order.

Many members wrote they didn't know how to configure your module. Like me.

I see your module in my list of module in Prestashop, ans in the liste of right column, header, etc ... but anythink in frontend...

Does somebody write a little explain for us ?

Best regard

Romuald

hi. Nice module, everything is working. But with this module IE is always downloading something from ejectcore.com. Why it is so? Is this module working not from files fully? What information he is downloading from ejectcore.com?

I have one more problem. For example, when I'm pressing to sort by price, module is not sorting just gone away from selection. After that if i'm pressing 'Clear all' i cant select sort by price one more time, i must exit from category. For example with manufactures everything is ok, i can choose -> module sorting, i can press "clear all" -> all list is showing as should be
sorry for my bad english

have error when install

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vol11/byethost33.com/b33_4373223/artzakaz.com.ua) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/php:/home/vol11/byethost33.com/b33_4373223/artzakaz.com.ua/htdocs) in /home/vol11/byethost33.com/b33_4373223/artzakaz.com.ua/htdocs/classes/Module.php(313) : eval()'d code on line 30

appear but working

(with black and white theme by dgcraft.free.fr)

with standart theme all is ok

We apologize for the delay with our Filter Search 2.1 release.
Unfortunately we have had severe hardware issues with our server. :shut:
We hope to be up & running again soon & to continue development with Filter Search.

Our main priority at the moment is to get our Enterprise Clients upgraded this week!

Hi Ejectcore,

Pls. guide us how to uninstall this module. I've tried install & uninstall and at this time we get this error:

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access .../config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php in..../config/config.inc.php on line 20

Warning: require_once(..../config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in..../config/config.inc.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '..../config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in..../config/config.inc.php on line 20

Hope you can support us,
Thanks

This is an issue which has now been resolved in Filter Search 2.1.
All you need to do for now is manually clear your smarty compile!

[prestashop]tools/smarty/compile (remove all files here)
We have added smarty compile auto clear to our 2.1 release which will be available soon.

Sorry we are unable to give you a precise time frame until we have resolved the issues on our server!

I've been testing this module for the past couple of days now, and is a great addition to the site in most cases. The one issue I have is that for categories/subcategories with a lot of manufacturers (and features or attributes for that matter) the module list them all the way down the left column (or wherever the module is transplanted). When this happens the site doesn't look professional... the list of manufacturers (in my case) is so long that even after the products are listed the left column continues down with a lot of white space in the middle and right side of the column.

I think some type of pagination formatting would be nice... is this option available for the paid version by any chance?

Although this only happens for 1 or 2 of our categories/subcats. They are important ones and although I would like to keep this a part of my site, its not looking good. My staff and I will have to weigh out the pros and cons.

Thanks for a great module nonetheless!

I have kind of a problem. No errors at all. Cant we do something that we could activate degub or something within the module

I have PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Jan 13 2010 17:09:42)
Copyright © 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright © 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Filter Search uses jquery's JSON functionality which requires PHP 5.2+.
Up to now you are the 2nd person to mention this issue, most of you will be using 5.2 & above.

We recommend upgrading PHP to the latest stable release
so that Filter Search can utilize PHP JSON native functions .

However if there are more people experiencing this issue, we are prepared to create a patch for our module some time after our 2.1 release!

I now have php -v
PHP 5.2.13 (cli) (built: Mar 23 2010 08:34:56)
Copyright © 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

But unfortanably nothing in the front office...nothing in the back office

Ca someone tell me a hint on how to remove the currency sign from price range ?
I also need to remove the decimals from price range.
Regards.

backoffice -> payment -> ->currency -> Press "edit" on the currency you want to edit -> you'll see format and other options

hello,ejectcore,I really love your module,thanks

as I played with it further,I come accross with one more problem:

the module works perfect on the default theme,but when I use the theme "black and white"(this theme is not made by me) which can be found here http://dgcraft.free.fr/blog/index.php/themes-prestashop/black-white-prestashop-theme/

then the a-z newest z-a tab disappeared.

As prestashop uses smarty,so the php and html are independent of each other,so I think my uses of another theme shouldn't be responsible for the problems, so I wonder how can I give some changes to your module so it can also work perfect to my theme. thanks again.

the module works perfect on the default theme,but when I use the theme "black and white"(this theme is not made by me) which can be found here http://dgcraft.free.fr/blog/index.php/themes-prestashop/black-white-prestashop-theme/

As prestashop uses smarty,so the php and html are independent of each other,so I think my uses of another theme shouldn't be responsible for the problems, so I wonder how can I give some changes to your module so it can also work perfect to my theme. thanks again.

We have now released Filter Search 2.1 our Final Community edition!
This is fully compatible with the default prestashop theme!

Download Filter Search 2.1!

We don't provide support for custom themes for Filter Search Community Edition.
However we do provide FREE support with our Commercial Editions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this in mind I will give you one small tip.
Filter Search overrides the Product List display.

The Black & White theme uses "categorie_product" for the product list selector
I would recommend changing this back to the the default selector, which is "product_list"
You may also have to change the CSS for the product list!

We have now released Filter Search 2.1 our Final Community edition!
This is fully compatible with the default prestashop theme!

Download Filter Search 2.1!

We don't provide support for custom themes for Filter Search Community Edition.
However we do provide FREE support with our Commercial Editions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this in mind I will give you one small tip.
Filter Search overrides the Product List display.

The Black & White theme uses "categorie_product" for the product list selector
I would recommend changing this back to the the default selector, which is "product_list"
You may also have to change the CSS for the product list!

good news for the International Labor Day,thank you,ejectcore,I will take your advise and check the templates files,I'm also considering to buy a commercial ones for your lite edition here: http://ejectcore.com/21-filter-search-pro.html ,hope this lite version can also fit my needs.

Hello,

We have just tried to load and install 2.1 on our Polish PS. However all though everyhting seem to be laoded correct and in the configure in the BO we checked to see if there is anything that needs configuring - we could not see any way to configure 2.1.

We are running the requirements, as we then looked to see if this was the issue (Filter Search Server Requirements: PHP 5.2+ / MYSQL 5+ ) all in order on this side.

We run on the UK PS the 1st version and this runs without problems.

So any one can shine some light on why the 2.1 version will not load. We down loaded it from the 1st post.

Regards

Ian

PS after thought - we are running PS default themes and 1.2.4.0 0238s version.

Hello - an update!! on how we doing with this new version.

We have now got it working.

Unable to get it load into right hand column block. It show by default only in left and when after delting it from left hand block and transplanting it into right hand block nothing actully shows (hence 1st post above).

Also we now note that the price and shown with VAT and Net of vat only when the search is activated.

How do we turn of this feature ?

Further help on this required - many thanks.

Ian

I added this module through the "Add Module" function in the back office and everything seemed to install as it should. However, when i went to configure this module, there is nothing to configure, just showing two places when it has been transplanted?
Nothing is showing on the Front Office either, but in the Back Office, it is showing as hooked into the left blocks? Anyone have a similar issue or can point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks...

23105_S5YblSvkVrMoTHZnG7e5_t

23106_IH8NAxisATQfmDlcHI08_t

23107_zjJUlCHUxVb1wHq5tcMB_t

Hi,
How do I uninstall or disable properly the search filter module? After I disabled it in my back office my front office won't work anymore. It says:

Warning: require_once(/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/config.inc.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/config.inc.php on line 18

Any idea?
Thanks!

Hello - an update!! on how we doing with this new version.

We have now got it working.

Unable to get it load into right hand column block. It show by default only in left and when after delting it from left hand block and transplanting it into right hand block nothing actully shows (hence 1st post above).

Also we now note that the price and shown with VAT and Net of vat only when the search is activated.

How do we turn of this feature ?

Further help on this required - many thanks.

Ian

Are you using the default theme?
Please can you provide us with more information with example links for you vat issue.

I added this module through the "Add Module" function in the back office and everything seemed to install as it should. However, when i went to configure this module, there is nothing to configure, just showing two places when it has been transplanted?
Nothing is showing on the Front Office either, but in the Back Office, it is showing as hooked into the left blocks? Anyone have a similar issue or can point out where I'm going wrong? Thanks...

Filter Search works in both the Left Column & Right Column.
Have you made any modifications to the default theme?

Please provide us with your FTP details & we will be able to take a quick look at this!

Hi,
How do I uninstall or disable properly the search filter module? After I disabled it in my back office my front office won't work anymore. It says:

Warning: require_once(/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/config.inc.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/../classes/ProCoreApi.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.12/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web297/b2972/ipg.ecyclogcom/ecyclog/config/config.inc.php on line 18

Any idea?
Thanks!

Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition will automatically clear your smarty compile.
Please make sure you have the updated version of Filter Search!

Filter Search works in both the Left Column & Right Column.
Have you made any modifications to the default theme?

Please provide us with your FTP details & we will be able to take a quick look at this!

I have modified the default 1.2.5 version quite a bit so don't expect you to support it as you have fairly indicated. If you still wanted to take a look, let me know and I'll PM you the FTP details...Thanks.

Your module causes price to show up twice on the product renderer. Frankly, for such a price tag I was expecting more.
I'm using 1.3 RC3.

You were expecting more for this community edition which has no price tag :bug:
Please provide us with an example of this specific issue!

Hello EjectCore! by reading some posts here, I would suggest you something : you should not only offer free version (community) but you should also offer money for some people using the free version.. lol ;-)

before I decide to part with my money and buy the premium version I want to know one thing; if you are half way down the product list page and you tick one of the filter boxes at the side of the page, will you then be taken back to the top of the page when the filter has completed?

cheers.

Hi, Im install community edition on PS 1.2.5 When I choose some attribute for example price then filter on left column work properly but products above choosen prices not dissapear. Where is the problem?
Cheers

Hi Ejectcore,
I'm think that there is a bug in highest range of price ranges in filtersearch. I've looked for the reason and I think I found it. It's problem with rounding. Please use in your test shop price with cents in highest price range and do that this product will be only one in this price range (for examle price included vat for Ipod Nano = 949,10 EUR or 949,30 EUR or 949,45 EUR, not more than 949,50 EUR because if the value of cents is more than 50 - everything is ok).
Effect:
1) On list price ranges you can see highest range "from XXX EUR till 948,99 EUR". It's wrong value of the range;
2) When you first time check checkbox with highest range (1 product in this range) you can see result of filtering - no product in this range but many of pages of pagination with no products (!). But the better is that when you uncheck this checkbox - another price ranges will be shown but this highest price range will dissapear and you can't no more check this highest range even if you clean filters up (!). Only deleting phrase "#filter=" in address line works and you can again check box with highest price range - but again - only one time...

I hope you understand my information.....
By the way - this modul is very important for me (you've done good job), and I'm waiting already 2 months for starting our shop :-) because filtersearch don't work properly... I try to correct php file myself but it not works...

Hi, Im install community edition on PS 1.2.5 When I choose some attribute for example price then filter on left column work properly but products above choosen prices not dissapear. Where is the problem?
Cheers

I also come accoss with the problem:

when I first click Alain Berteau (1) in your commercial demo site here http://www.my-deco-shop.com/design/248-espace-bureau-design#filter=[manufacturer:4]

it shows only one products found,this step have no problem,you can see the first picture in the attach.

then I use the slider to narrow my search, filter the price between 4167.00-6150.00,see the url: http://www.my-deco-shop.com/design/248-espace-bureau-design#filter=[manufacturer:4],[range:416700_615000] ,the problem appears,you can found much more then one products in this search.in fact,products with the filter both with Alain Berteau (1) and price between 4167.00-6150.00 should return no products.so please check the problem.here is also a picture(the second picture in the attach) to show this.

23528_ZtPbic6FW18ZglwOH7hv_t

23529_3BYoBGvkahKzm9iLS3kh_t

Hi Ejectcore,
I'm think that there is a bug in highest range of price ranges in filtersearch. I've looked for the reason and I think I found it. It's problem with rounding. Please use in your test shop price with cents in highest price range and do that this product will be only one in this price range (for examle price included vat for Ipod Nano = 949,10 EUR or 949,30 EUR or 949,45 EUR, not more than 949,50 EUR because if the value of cents is more than 50 - everything is ok).
Effect:
1) On list price ranges you can see highest range "from XXX EUR till 948,99 EUR". It's wrong value of the range;
2) When you first time check checkbox with highest range (1 product in this range) you can see result of filtering - no product in this range but many of pages of pagination with no products (!). But the better is that when you uncheck this checkbox - another price ranges will be shown but this highest price range will dissapear and you can't no more check this highest range even if you clean filters up (!). Only deleting phrase "#filter=" in address line works and you can again check box with highest price range - but again - only one time...

I hope you understand my information.....
By the way - this modul is very important for me (you've done good job), and I'm waiting already 2 months for starting our shop :-) because filtersearch don't work properly... I try to correct php file myself but it not works...

.. and next bug, regarding to price ranges too.
Set in your demo shop the price of ipod shuffle up on 180,00 EUR (now is 179,00 EUR). The most important is that the price of this iPod will be the same as lower border of price range. Then click on one of the checkboxes "0-179,99EUR" or "180-339,99 EUR" and see what happen on the ranges list and quantities in bracket. This prolem is connected with rounding too.

hi

thanks for the module.

i have a small problem with product list. the price is double and dont know why. i use default theme

screen attached

please tell me where to look because its look so bad this way :(

thanks

ps: top/bottom box default isnt in the right place after install. so i try it and i change it to look decent

23630_jFB3LFAtxFQjRGhzrfGd_t

hi

thanks for the module.

i have a small problem with product list. the price is double and dont know why. i use default theme

screen attached

please tell me where to look because its look so bad this way :(

thanks

ps: top/bottom box default isnt in the right place after install. so i try it and i change it to look decent

I don't use deafult theme but I think you should edit file modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/views/product-list.tpl. Try to edit part of this file - delete this part of code (before deleting make a copy of oryginal file product-list.tpl):

{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}
                   {if $priceDisplay == 2} {l s='-Tx' mod='filtersearch'}{/if}

Probably you should edit css file too (modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/assets/filtersearch.css)

You have double prices probably because your tax (vat) = 0%, and there is two prices in deafult theme of filtersearch (incl and excl tax, in your case - the same), but maybe I'm wrong because I don't use deafult theme and I can't check it on ejectore demo site and help you - demo site doesn't work. Download link to filtersearch doesn't work too (!) You 'll see info "We're sorry, but the Web address you entered is no longer available" Why?

Hello ejectcore, hello everybody.

I have just installed Filter Search 2.1 Community Edition on my prestashop (fresh install).

The module is enabled, the Transplant are set, but I have no Filter Search block appear on my site.

There is no error on the page, there are no errors in FireBug console.

What can be wrong? Thank you!

Please let me know if you need live URL.

P.S.

PHP Built on:        Linux cp01-eu.stablehost.com 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 07:32:21 EST 2010 x86_64
Database Version:     5.0.90-community
Database Collation:     utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:     5.2.12
Web Server:     Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Web Server to PHP interface:     cgi
User Agent:     Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; uk; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3

In my opinion it is correct. I have the same.
Can you check if you have the same bugs like me (reg. price ranges)? I wrote about two of hem a few post above....
Ejectore remains silent so I need solve this problem myself...

In my opinion it is correct. I have the same.
Can you check if you have the same bugs like me (reg. price ranges)?
I will. But later (tomorow?). At the moment I have no products there. I will let you know!

Hi, I have a problem on PS1.2.5 with many modification (see picture)
Where I should looking for change code?
I decide to uninstall that filter coz I cant print and look invoices in pdf.
:(

Cheers

I too have this same problem, when clicking to filter the products down they all stay! Any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

Any body... I know I cant be the only person not using a standard skin, who is experiencing the same problem or over come the problem! Would love to have this mod running on my store!!!

When i instal the "coremanager" folder in the "modules" folder and i activate it I don't see this module in FO ...

I am on presta 1.3 with no changes ...

1. Did you transplant it - for example - to left column?
2. Maybe you have the same problem like a few posts above (post 153)?

Filter Search Community Edition
Requirements for the community edition to work right out of the box:
1. you must be running php 5.2+
2. you must use the default prestashop theme

We do not provide free support for the community edition.

The Community edition will not allow you to configure anything in the back office.  
Please either purchase the soon to be released Lite Edition or the fully featured Enterprise Edition in order to have any control over filter configuration in the administration panel.  

You can get more information on our new enterprise release here.

Filter search because it is a core module installs itself in several different areas in the admin, but only appears in the category list in the store front.  And yes it does not by nature appear on the home page because you are filtering a category.  Therefore it only appears in the category left column or right column.

If you do experience problems with Filter Search Community and you have met the minimum requirements you may email us at sales@ejectcore.com or via PM in the Prestashop forums.

If this Enterprise edition has the same bugs as Community Edition regarding to "price ranges" (I've wrote about it in post #144, and other users has the same problem: post #160 and #161 ) or you've fix it?

i am back with a small problem. in Chrome browser it seems that the filtersearch look a bit different. when i have a filter of rang xx,xx - xxx,xx its ok (i decreases the font to 10)

but when i have the range of xxx,xx - the count its move down (see in pic)

in IE its ok all the filter look.

my question is what can i do to look ok in chrome/mozila browser and where i can change the font size for products count (x)

thanks

ps: at least how can i remove the curency sign

25171_PxRBGR3QtoBo0kKAnKJ4_t

my question is what can i do to look ok in chrome/mozila browser and where i can change the font size for products count (x)

In file:

../modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/assets/filtersearch.css

you should edit code in two location:

1) .filterSearchModule ul li a (line 64 - price range name)
2) .filterSearchModule form (line 25 - products count)

changing or adding for example:

font-size:9px;

I don't remember if this is deafult name, I hope yes :-)

thanks. stiil the count is over limit :D on prices with 4 digits x xxx,xx

i dont understand why in IE it looks great and in other browsers its different.

if you have any solution beside the decreasing font please share. its drive me crazy :)

if i can remove the curency sign its all better. i was thinking to put in H3 the curency and remove from filter range. cant find where to remove the sign :(

cheers

Can I change the product display to a Grid View?
Where I can do that?

Tks

I don't know what is "grid view"? If you thinking about few items in one line ect - I think you should edit at least two files using new html and css code:
modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/views/product-list.tpl
modules/coremanager/modules/filtersearch/assets/filtersearch.css

But if you will change product-list.tpl probably you must edit another files too, because "product-list view" for examle will not fit to "sortby-tabs view" and "filter view"....
Maybe you will have to edit some theme files too, because probably everything is connected, I don't remember...

There isn't any other way to do this in one minute. Of course I know only community edition of filtersearch. Maybe in comercial edition you can find solution, I don't know it....

thanks. stiil the count is over limit :D on prices with 4 digits x xxx,xx

Maybe you can change font-family in h3? Now you use very wide font-family, maybe try another (not so wide..)

Hi!

I need a new tab with new sort of products, which would be the basic instead of "Newest".
That would be a random rotation of products.

(I found only solution for basic P.S. to modify category.php not for this filter module...)

Can somebody help me?

Many Thanks!

Couple of questions:

Filter Search Community Edition
Requirements for the community edition to work right out of the box:
1. you must be running php 5.2+
2. you must use the default prestashop theme

Does this mean that if I try and use this with a theme I have created, it won't work??

Also, I am concerned about the SEO implications of using AJAX - do you have any comments on this?

Hi, I have an issue with this module.

I have a web with 4000 products and 9 features each. I'm interested on your enterprise version, but I have tried this one and when I try to filter by features it tooks lots of time, or it crash...

The enterprise versión has the same problems? could you send a fix or something?????