[SOLVED] Is it possible to insert the "Addthis" code into the center column of all pages...?

Hi there,

I use the BackOffice CMS system to create custom news and information pages.

I would like to have the "addthis" ( www.addthis.com ) button at the bottom of these pages, so users can easily email and print etc
BUT the problem is that TinyMCE does not allow javascript and I get the "the field content (English (English)) is invalid" error.
I have tried everything but cannot get this resolved.

However, I thought I could try get two birds with one stone and try to insert the AddThis button next to the "home" link on all pages in the centre column. Please see attached picture as explanation.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

19781_eO392G1zE73FGAVNH7Iw_t

Hi there,

I use the BackOffice CMS system to create custom news and information pages.

I would like to have the "addthis" ( www.addthis.com ) button at the bottom of these pages, so users can easily email and print etc
BUT the problem is that TinyMCE does not allow javascript and I get the "the field content (English (English)) is invalid" error.
I have tried everything but cannot get this resolved.

However, I thought I could try get two birds with one stone and try to insert the AddThis button next to the "home" link on all pages in the centre column. Please see attached picture as explanation.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Do you still need help on this? Look at my site. I put it on the left column. If you like it, I will post how to do it here. If you want to put it at the bottom of the pages, it is very easy. I can show you how to do it. Let me know.

Awesome! Star to the rescue!!

I would greatly appreciate your assistance to help me get the "addthis" button next to the "home" button.

As I said above, most, if not all of my core information I wish my clients to print/share/email is in the centre column, and they always see the home button there anyway, so it makes definite sense to put the "addthis" button there as well.

Thank you in advance Star.

Regards,

Awesome! Star to the rescue!!

I would greatly appreciate your assistance to help me get the "addthis" button next to the "home" button.

As I said above, most, if not all of my core information I wish my clients to print/share/email is in the centre column, and they always see the home button there anyway, so it makes definite sense to put the "addthis" button there as well.

Thank you in advance Star.

Regards,

Tell me exactly which pages you want the add this button on. Ex: cms, category...... Which template are you using?

Okay.

Go to the themes/cms.tpl.

change :

{if !$content_only}

{l s='Home'}
{/if}

to :

{if !$content_only}

{l s='Home'}  {literal}
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->

[removed]var addthis_offset_top = 0;var addthis_offset_left = 0; var addthis_pub="skrotoski";[removed]
[removed][removed]<!--"''"-->
<!-- AddThis Button END -->
{/literal}
{/if}