PayPal charges different amount than the order value

Jacek Es

Hello,

Prestashop v 1.6.0.8

PayPal module v 3.10.1

The issue is that for some orders (not all) paid by PayPal the amount charged by PayPal is different than on the order page or the invoice. The difference is little but this is not allowed. For example order value is £261.60 and PayPal charged £262.00. I checked in DB in ps_orders the value is £261.60 and in the ps_paypal_order is £262.00. I believe the data in ps_paypal_order is received from PayPal. I would appreciate if anyone would point me in the right direction to resolve this issue.

Jacek

• Like 1

I just tested it. The amount was £261.60 during all checkout steps and this is the correct amount. This was changed after selecting PayPal as the payment method and showed on the PayPal page as £262.00.

I had another small order and the amount changed from £9.15 (Prestashop) to £9.16 (PayPal).

Any idea where this may be coming from?

Jacek

I made some calculations and it looks to me that the difference comes from rounding of the VAT value

The order was for 200 pieces of product that cost £1.09 (excl. VAT). The VAT is 20%

First method of calculation

1.09 * 200 = 218 (total excl. VAT)

218 * 20% = 43.60 (VAT)

218 + 43.60 = 261.60 (Total)

This value is recorded on my shop and was displayed in all steps of check out.

Second method of calculation

1.09 * 20% = 0.218 (VAT per one piece)

if you round 0.218 to 0.22 and multiply by quantities of 200 you will get:

0.22 * 200 = 44 (total amount of VAT)

1.09 * 200 = 218 (total excl. VAT)

218 + 44 = 262 (total)

This value was sent to PayPal

It looks to me this is where the difference comes from. Two different methods of calculation and the rounding. Anyone have idea how to fix this?

Jacek

Edited by Jacek Es (see edit history)

Hello,

I tested with check payment and SagePay and the amount sent is correct - the same as in the cart and during all checkout steps (£261.60). It looks that this is issue with PayPal module. I am using the PayPal Europe - Official Module v 3.10.1. Anyone knows knows how to fix this?

Jacek

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem and am desperately trying to find a fix.

I am also getting the following API error;

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2015-08-28T04:12:58Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10426
  4. L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10413
  5. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  6. L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  7. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
  8. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
  9. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  10. L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error

Error only occurring when discounts are used.

Any suggestions??? Anyone???

• 2 weeks later...

...maybe someone will give me hint how to solve it from here...

PS 1.6.0.8 and PayPal v. 3.10.1

I found where PayPal makes the calculations and sends for processing. It's in modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php

lines 301 to 303

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = Tools::ps_round($product['price_wt'], $this->decimals);
			$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY'.$index] = $product['quantity'];
			$total = $total + ($fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] * $product['quantity']);

What causes the difference between cart value and what is sent to PayPal is rounded $product['price_wt'] (item price with tax). This is sent to PayPal. I tested and I receive error when using 3 decimal point value... so must be only 2 decimal point. My shop is setup to display prices without tax and tax is calculated during checkout.

For example:
Item price without tax is 22.16, tax is 20% (4.432), quantity is 100

PayPal module calculation
Item price with tax = 26.592 (rounded to 26.59)
Total = 26.59 * 100 = 2659.00 (this is sent to PayPal)

PrestaShop calculation
Total without tax = 22.16 * 100 = 2216
Total tax = 2216 * 20% = 443.20
Total = 2216 + 443.20 = 2659.20 (This is on invoice)

Solution no 1 is to set the shop to display prices with tax. In this case the shop will be using the same method of calculating as PayPal, means the same value is sent to PayPal as in the cart and invoice.

This is no option for me as the shop must be set to display prices without tax. I tried to modify the first line of code so I use item price without tax - $product['price'] and multiply by 1.20 (to add 20% tax). If this is not rounded to 2 decimal points ,PayPal throws error: Item amount is invalid. If it's rounded I am back in square one.
$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $product['price'] * 1.20;
			$total = $total + ($fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] * $product['quantity']);

I also tried to to add tax at the 3rd line of code but PayPal throws error that The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts which is true.
$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $product['price'];
			$total = $total + ($fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] * $product['quantity'] * 1.20);
My question is... is there a way to tweak the above 3 lines of code so the correct value is sent to PayPal? Anyone have other suggestions?

I was advised to upgrade to newer version of PS where the rounding issues were addressed... so I installed PS 1.6.0.14. I was happy to see that three Round types were available:

1. Round on each item

2. Round on each line

3. Round on the total

Number 3 (Round on the total) is exactly what I want.... This works well in PrestaShop but sadly PayPal will not respect this and instead will send its own calculations for processing. The mode that PayPal uses is no 1 - Round on each item.

This is coded in modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php lines 301 to 303 (note that even if you don't use express checkout the calculations are made there).

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = Tools::ps_round($product['price_wt'], $this->decimals);

PayPal calculates tax per each item, then round it, then multiplies by quantities. No matter what Round type you choose in your shop PayPal will use its own... and this is where the difference in the total amount comes from.

This could work if I choose Round on each item (same as PayPal uses) but this is no option for me

Jacek

Edited by Jacek Es (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly the solution is not to use PayPal. I spoke with PayPal and the agency who developed the PayPal module for prestashop and they confirmed that PayPal will ALWAYS use their own calculations which is different than what is calculated on prestashop. I think I posted detailed info about this on this thread. A workaround would be to use Sagepay as they allow PayPal payments as funding sources. Good luck

Sadly the solution is not to use PayPal. I spoke with PayPal and the agency who developed the PayPal module for prestashop and they confirmed that PayPal will ALWAYS use their own calculations which is different than what is calculated on prestashop. I think I posted detailed info about this on this thread. A workaround would be to use Sagepay as they allow PayPal payments as funding sources. Good luck

This is not a true statement.  Paypal does not does not use their own calculations, they use exactly what is provided to them by the Paypal module. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem on version PayPal v3.10.8 / Prestashop 1.6.1.5

Absurd error - Anyone have a solution? 

Phestashop Team, please tell us something

Prestashop no longer maintains this module, so asking them for status is a bit pointless

I don't know about who exactly maintains this module but it is indicated like official Prestashop Module Paypal.

The problem is very strange, some amounts is calculated differently from prestashop's cart. In teory many prestashop have this problem.

I hope in some upgrade

Hi,

Maybe you could take a look a this :

https://github.com/Zebx/Paypal3.6.8/commit/58cde2bb6752c819619713c65c9deb1970c34f83

This is a fix I did 2 years ago for PS 1.5.6.2 and Paypal 3.6.8 (works only for shops displaying prices without tax, where VAT is always applied on transport, and without wrapping gift option)

I don't know if it can still be applied as it is on the latest paypal version, but you can perhaps get inspired.

Original discussion thread in French : https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/331068-bug-paypal-368-ou-37-et-paniers-hors-taxes/

Fyi, 202-ecommerce knows the bug and knows the way how to fix it, but it seems it is not high priority for them :rolleyes:

Hello, the solution is to make Prestashop calculate as Paypal do, let's do it :) :

In classes/cart.php replace :

$total_price = Tools::ps_round($total_price + $total_ecotax, 2);

by :

$total_price = Tools::ps_round($product['price_wt'] * (int)$product['cart_quantity'], 2);

That's all, now Paypal will charge the same value as prestashop :)

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I updated the module on version 3.11.1. The problem still remain.
I also wrote to module owner many days ago, but nobody respoded me.

Me too, I have contact the module developers but not get a response!

Any solution??

+1 

whats making this bug specially annoying is that the money will be sent, but the customer gets a notification that there was an error with the payment, leading to customers doing the same order again, because they have no clue what happened and do not recognise that the money has been sent.

a ticket regarding this issue is open on github since Feb 2016 - no reaction from the developers by now.

i am sure there has been put a lot of efforts into this module, but it seems that it lacks of continous support, sad but true :(

This is unbelievable!  I opened a forge issue, a forum thread and comtacted the developer directly and have had no response!  I can't belive it is being ignored when so many others are having a problem  On another thread, this was offered as  a solution: https://github.com/iqtecommerce/Prestashop-1.6-Paypal-3.11.1-rounding-decimal-places-problem-fix/blob/master/Readme.md  but it doesn't work for me!

Still the info seems correct at paypal, but then 'fails' in PS due to mismatching amounts.  The payment is taken my PayPal though.

We do not have tax enabled, so this only occurs when a % discoutn is involved.  When PayPal has taken the paymen the discount is ignored too (as well as the amount difference).

Hello everyone.

I've had 202-ecommerce news by email requesting access to my back office and ftp. I just sent them the data. I hope they solve the problem or do it in the next version of the Paypal module.
I keep you informed.

Bye

• Like 1

Thanks Babyewok.

But that solution is just so that no error in payment for the difference in amount. It does not solve the real problem that is that Paypal takes the prices per line with only two decimal rounding and not in the total as it should be. Something so basic I do not know how they have not solved it for a long time, and if it is not possible to solve, they remove the Prestashop contributors module. I was asked for access days ago since 202 eccomerce and I think they have not connected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Anyone got a hold of the module developers? There are so many of us with this problem, these related posts are watched >4000 times, and still they don't come with a upgrade/solution? It's such a pity that these small things make what could be a nice story (Prestashop) not that great, especially when they trust the developers to consider this an "Official", "by Prestashop" module...

• Like 2

Hi.

After three weeks, 202 ecommerce support has not been connected to my site.

They do not care about the problems of their module or do not know how to solve it.

Any free alternative to pay with a card similar to Paypal? Thanks

Bye

After three weeks, 202 ecommerce support has not been connected to my site.

They do not care about the problems of their module or do not know how to solve it.

After changing the rounding within the prestashop settings to "round per item" we had no more problems, have you tried this?

Any free alternative to pay with a card similar to Paypal?

For creditcard payment i would recommend this free stripe module: https://github.com/firstred/mdstripe

In comparision to other cc-payment "solutions" stripe offers very good conditions.

it's not Prestashop, it's the Paypal module.

The Paypal module calculates differently than other payment methods but nobody knows how exactly...

when I asked for the Paypal calculation, I meant what does Paypal show when you get to the Paypal gateway,

for example:

pp1.jpg

I can't arrive on PayPal, when I click on the banner appear the following error:

Please try to contact the merchant:

2. TIMESTAMP -> 2016-12-15T17:04:45Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10426
  4. L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10431
  5. L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10413
  6. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  7. L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  8. L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  9. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
  10. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Item amount is invalid.
  11. L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
  12. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  13. L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error
  14. L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error

um, sorry I can't help, there seems to be something else going on.

The solution I mentioned above appears to be working for my customer so far - 13 payments correct since I made the change.

The only real solution will be when Prestashop get off their backsides and provide a working Paypal module that simply sends the invoice total instead of doing it's own arcane calculations.

Prestashop are you reading this? Fix it before people move to alternative ecommerce solutions.

Edited by Philip22 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem ... different PayPal calculations!

I realize that only when put products on sale.

I don`t use decimals because use round prices.

Normal Product Price: 189

On sale 50% - product Price: 94,50 - Rounding in Prestashop - Total to pay: 95

I get  error because PayPal calculate: 94,50

In my case when i set Number of decimals: 2

it resolve error problem but then ugly total amount is with decimals ... :(

PS 1.6.1.6

PayPal 3.11.1

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem with final price ..my problem is not at products price (because in shop I dont need use decimals)..:) God bless;)

BUT, I have still problem at shipping.. Shipping is in order page (order too) 18$, paypal show me 17.75$... 

I have all decimals OFF..

Please, do you have any idea, how is possible turn off decimals at Paypal?? This must work for us, if we dont need desimals..

I have same problem with final price ..my problem is not at products price (because in shop I dont need use decimals).. :) God bless;)

BUT, I have still problem at shipping.. Shipping is in order page (order too) 18$, paypal show me 17.75$... 

I have all decimals OFF..

Please, do you have any idea, how is possible turn off decimals at Paypal?? This must work for us, if we dont need desimals..

Check Tax on Shipping ...

Hello Everybody,

I am fighting with the same issue (PayPal module v3.11.1 on Prestashop v1.6.1.4) anyway I am not sure the way PayPal calculates the price is wrong as you might have different VAT values for different products (for exemple, in Italy some types food have 4% VAT, some others 10% VAT and some others 22%) therefore, depending on what you sell, you might actually need to calculate the VAT per item rather than on the total.

Having said that, my customer has a single VAT value calculated on the total amount therefore I am experiencing tha same issue with PayPal payments. I am working on the line of replacing the PayPal calculation with the value read directly from the cart, something like:

// file /modules/paypal/express_checkout.php

private function setProductsList(&$fields, &$index, &$total)
{
    foreach ($this->product_list as $product) {
$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER'.++$index] = (int) $product['id_product'];

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$index] = $product['name'];

if (isset($product['attributes']) && (empty($product['attributes']) === false)) {
            $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$index] .= ' - '.$product['attributes'];
        }

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC'.$index] = Tools::substr(strip_tags($product['description_short']), 0, 50).'...';

// remove or comment-out the per-product calculation...
        // $total = $total + ($fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] * $product['quantity']);
    }

// ... and replace it with the products subtotal read from the cart
    $total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS); // 'false' return the products subtotal excluding VAT, 'true' returns the products subtotal including VAT
}

public function getTotalPaid()
{
    $total = 0.00;

/*foreach ($this->product_list as $product) {
        $price = Tools::ps_round($product['price_wt'], $this->decimals);
        $quantity = Tools::ps_round($product['quantity'], $this->decimals);
        $total = Tools::ps_round($total + ($price * $quantity), $this->decimals);
    }*/

$total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS), $this->decimals); // 'false' return the products subtotal excluding VAT, 'true' returns the products subtotal including VAT

}

But I have not finalized neither tested the modifications yet.

If you have any comment or feedback, please share it.

Thanks

Edited by saverio.cannilla (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello Everybody,

I am fighting with the same issue (PayPal module v3.11.1 on Prestashop v1.6.1.4) anyway I am not sure the way PayPal calculates the price is wrong as you might have different VAT values for different products (for exemple, in Italy some types food have 4% VAT, some others 10% VAT and some others 22%) therefore, depending on what you sell, you might actually need to calculate the VAT per item rather than on the total.

Having said that, my customer has a single VAT value calculated on the total amount therefore I am experiencing tha same issue with PayPal payments. I am working on the line of replacing the PayPal calculation with the value read directly from the cart, something like:

// file /modules/paypal/express_checkout.php

{

if (isset($product['attributes']) && (empty($product['attributes']) === false)) {
        }

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC'.$index] = Tools::substr(strip_tags($product['description_short']), 0, 50).'...';

// $total = $total + ($fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] * $product['quantity']);
    }

$total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS); // 'false' return the products subtotal excluding VAT, 'true' returns the products subtotal including VAT
}

{
    $total = 0.00;

/*foreach ($this->product_list as $product) {
        $price = Tools::ps_round($product['price_wt'], $this->decimals);
        $quantity = Tools::ps_round($product['quantity'], $this->decimals);
        $total = Tools::ps_round($total + ($price * $quantity), $this->decimals);
    }*/

$total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS), $this->decimals); // 'false' return the products subtotal excluding VAT, 'true' returns the products subtotal including VAT

}

But I have not finalized neither tested the modifications yet.

If you have any comment or feedback, please share it.

Thanks

This changes should be applied to the right /paypal/express_checkout/process.php right??

After changes site return me to a blank page, without errors or warnings. Completely white page!!

[iTA]

Le modifiche vanno applicate al file di /paypal/express_checkout/process.php giusto?

Dopo aver applicato le modifiche mi viene restituita una pagina bianca, senza errori e senza avvisi.

Up up

This changes should be applied to the right /paypal/express_checkout/process.php right??After changes site return me to a blank page, without errors or warnings. Completely white page!!

[iTA]

Le modifiche vanno applicate al file di /paypal/express_checkout/process.php giusto?

Dopo aver applicato le modifiche mi viene restituita una pagina bianca, senza errori e senza avvisi.

Up up

Yes, the file I was working on was /modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php but the code I posted was just a work-in-progress requiring some more thinking and testing.

Currently I have put aside this issue as my boss asked me to prioritize some other tasks.

[iTA]

Si, il file su cui stavo lavorando è /modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php ma il codice che ho riportato è solo una bozza che va ancora sistemata e testata.

Al momento però ho accantonato il problema, perché il mio capo mi ha chiesto di occuparmi d'altro.

• Like 1

Today I had some time to think about this issue and this is what I came up with...

Once again, this has not been tested yet and it is not intended to be a ready-to-use solution, it is just something to discuss and exchane ideas.

If you have the possibility to test the code (I do not have access to a paypal sandbox in order to make test payments), please let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

#File: /modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php

#Lines of code modified: 254, 321, 342, 345, 354-356, 363, 367-379, 386-388, 408, 411-413, 416-419, 421-424, 445-481

#Code:

<?php
/* ...omissis... */

include_once _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'paypal/paypal.php';
include_once _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'paypal/api/paypal_lib.php';

class PaypalExpressCheckout extends Paypal
{
    /* ...omissis... */

private function _setPaymentDetails(&$fields)
    {
        /* ...omissis... */

// Set cart products list
        $this->setProductsList($fields, $index, $total, $taxes);
        $this->setDiscountsList($fields, $index, $total, $taxes);
        $this->setGiftWrapping($fields, $index, $total);
        $this->setTaxesAmount($fields, $index, $taxes); // added separate taxes calculation (see rows 367-379)

// Payment values
        $this->setPaymentValues($fields, $index, $total, $taxes);

/* ...omissis... */

}

/* ...omissis... */

{

}

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $product['price']; // replaced 'price_wt' with 'price' and removed rounding

}
    }

private function setDiscountsList(&$fields, &$index, &$total)
    {
        $discounts = (_PS_VERSION_ < '1.5') ? $this->context->cart->getDiscounts() : $this->context->cart->getCartRules();

if (count($discounts) > 0) {
            foreach ($discounts as $discount) {
                $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER'.++$index] = $discount['id_discount'];

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$index] = $discount['name'];
                if (isset($discount['description']) && !empty($discount['description'])) {
                    $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_DESC'.$index] = Tools::substr(strip_tags($discount['description']), 0, 50).'...';
                }

/* It is a discount so we store a negative value */
                $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = -1 * $discount['value_tax_exc']; // replaced 'value_real' with 'value_tax_exc' and removed rounding
                $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_QTY'.$index] = 1;

$total = $total + $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index];  // removed rounding
            }
        }

}

private function setGiftWrapping(&$fields, &$index, &$total)
    {
        if ($this->context->cart->gift == 1) {
            //$gift_wrapping_price = $this->getGiftWrappingPrice();
            $gift_wrapping_price = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_WRAPPING); // value VAT excluded
            $gift_wrapping_price_wt = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_WRAPPING); // value VAT included (this should not be necessary)

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.++$index] = $this->l('Gift wrapping');

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $gift_wrapping_price;  // removed rounding

$total = $total + $gift_wrapping_price; // removed rounding
        }
    }

/* Total taxes for the whole order (new function) */
    private function setTaxesAmount(&$fields, &$index, &$taxes)
    {
        $total_taxes = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH) - $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::BOTH);

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT'.++$index] = $this->l('Taxes');

$fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $total_taxes;
        $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT'] = $total_taxes;

$taxes = $taxes + $total_taxes;
    }

private function setPaymentValues(&$fields, &$index, &$total, &$taxes)
    {
        if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '<')) {
            $shipping_cost_wt = $this->context->cart->getOrderShippingCost(); // I am working on Prestasho 1.6 therefore I ignored this
        } else {
            //$shipping_cost_wt = $this->context->cart->getTotalShippingCost();
            $shipping_cost = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING); // value VAT excluded
            $shipping_cost_wt = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING); // value VAT included (this should not be necessary)
        }

if ((bool) Configuration::get('PAYPAL_CAPTURE')) {
            $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION'] = 'Authorization';
        } else {
            $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_PAYMENTACTION'] = 'Sale';
        }

$currency = new Currency((int) $this->context->cart->id_currency);
        $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_CURRENCYCODE'] = $currency->iso_code;

/**
         * If the total amount is lower than 1 we put the shipping cost as an item
         * so the payment could be valid.
         */
        if ($total <= 1) {
            $carrier = new Carrier($this->context->cart->id_carrier);
            $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NUMBER'.++$index] = $carrier->id_reference;
            $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$index] = $carrier->name;
            $fields['L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'.$index] = $shipping_cost;  // replaced '$shipping_cost_wt' with '$shipping_cost' and removed rounding

$fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT'] = $total + $shipping_cost; // removed rounding and added taxes
            $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_TAXAMT'] = $taxes; // display taxes
            $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'] = Tools::ps_round(($total + $shipping_cost + $taxes), $this->decimals); // calculate total and final rounding
        } else {
            if ($currency->iso_code == 'HUF') {
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT'] = $shipping_cost; // replaced '$shipping_cost_wt' with '$shipping_cost' and removed rounding
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT'] = $total; // removed rounding
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'] = sprintf('%.2f', Tools::ps_round(($total + $shipping_cost + $taxes), $this->decimals)); // calculate total and final rounding, then convert into string
            } else {
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT'] = $shipping_cost; // replaced '$shipping_cost_wt' with '$shipping_cost' and removed rounding
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_ITEMAMT'] = $total; // removed rounding
                $fields['PAYMENTREQUEST_0_AMT'] = sprintf('%.2f', Tools::ps_round(($total + $shipping_cost + $taxes), $this->decimals));  // calculate total and final rounding, then convert into string
            }
        }
    }

/* ...omissis... */

/**
     * @return mixed
     */
    {
        $total = 0.00;

$price = $product['price']; // replaced 'price_wt' with 'price' and removed rounding
            $quantity = $product['quantity']; // removed rounding
            $total = $total + ($price * $quantity); // removed rounding
        }
        // $total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS);

if ($this->context->cart->gift == 1) {
            $total = $total + $this->getGiftWrappingPrice(); // removed rounding
        }
        // $total = $total + $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_WRAPPING);

if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '<')) {
            $discounts = $this->context->cart->getDiscounts();
            $shipping_cost = $this->context->cart->getOrderShippingCost();
        } else {
            $discounts = $this->context->cart->getCartRules();
            // $discounts = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_WRAPPING);
            $shipping_cost = $this->context->cart->getTotalShippingCost();
            // $discounts = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_Shipping);
        }

if (count($discounts) > 0) {
            foreach ($discounts as $product) {
                $price = -1 * $product['value_tax_exc']; // replaced 'value_real' with 'value_tax_exc' and removed rounding
                $total = $total + $price; // removed rounding
            }
        }

$total_taxes = $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::BOTH) - $this->context->cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::BOTH); // added total taxes amount 

return Tools::ps_round(($shipping_cost + $total + $total_taxes), $this->decimals); // calculate total and final rounding
    }

/* ...omissis... */
}
  • Like 1

You can put the entire code for easy cut and paste?

Thanks

That's the first thing I tried to do but there must be a limit on the number of characters you can post as code because when I did it, no code at all was displayed...

Tomorrow I will try to post the entire file either as an attachment or as "normal" text; I cannot do it now as it's on my office desktop.

That's the first thing I tried to do but there must be a limit on the number of characters you can post as code because when I did it, no code at all was displayed...

Tomorrow I will try to post the entire file either as an attachment or as "normal" text; I cannot do it now as it's on my office desktop.

Perfect, we wait the file for testing

Ok, here it is as an attachment; just download it and change the file extension back to .php (and let me know how it goes, please ;)  )

process.txt

Ok, here it is as an attachment; just download it and change the file extension back to .php (and let me know how it goes, please ;)  )

I have uploaded your process.php but I get an error:

<b>PayPal response:</b>
    TIMESTAMP -> 2017-02-08T10:58:17Z
    L_ERRORCODE0 -> 11815
    L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
    L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item sales tax is invalid
    L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I have uploaded your process.php but I get an error:

TIMESTAMP -> 2017-02-08T10:58:17Z
    L_ERRORCODE0 -> 11815
    L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
    L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item sales tax is invalid
    L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I see... can you try to comment-out lines 372-375 of the file I posted this morning, please?

I see... can you try to comment-out lines 372-375 of the file I posted this morning, please?

Yeeeeees!!!

For now it SEEMS That works. I will make now many many tests.

I have commented this lines number: 372, 373, 374 and 375

Today I've upgrade PayPal module at v3.11.2  on Prestashop 1.6.1.5. Then I've uploaded the modified process.php file, but the system return:

TIMESTAMP -> 2017-02-10T16:25:47Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10426
L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10429
L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10431
L_ERRORCODE3 -> 10413
L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_SHORTMESSAGE3 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Tax total is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> Item amount is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE3 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE3 -> Error

In attachment the file with the lines commentated

process.txt

Edited by sebastiano.riva (see edit history)

My purchase also ends with an error. PayPal module 3.11.1  and Prestashop 1.6.1.7.

2. TIMESTAMP -> 2017-02-10T15:52:35Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10426
  4. L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10431
  5. L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10413
  6. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  7. L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  8. L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
  9. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
  10. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Item amount is invalid.
  11. L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
  12. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  13. L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error
  14. L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error

I have tried commenting the indicated lines and without commenting

Thanks

Today I've upgrade PayPal module at v3.11.2  on Prestashop 1.6.1.5. Then I've uploaded the modified process.php file, but the system return:

TIMESTAMP -> 2017-02-10T14:56:58Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10426
L_ERRORCODE1 -> 10429
L_ERRORCODE2 -> 10431
L_ERRORCODE3 -> 11815
L_ERRORCODE4 -> 10413
L_SHORTMESSAGE1 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_SHORTMESSAGE2 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_SHORTMESSAGE3 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_SHORTMESSAGE4 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Item total is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Tax total is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> Item amount is invalid.
L_LONGMESSAGE3 -> Item sales tax is invalid
L_LONGMESSAGE4 -> The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE1 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE2 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE3 -> Error
L_SEVERITYCODE4 -> Error

Check that paypal has been updated to version 3.11.2. I tried it, but it continues in version 3.11.1 and continues saying that there is an update. I do not think it is a bug in the version, but it can help who is making the modifications.

Hello there,

Thank you very much for the feedback... although it is not the kind of feedback I was hoping for. ;P

I'll study the PayPal API documentation and check the file again but please consider I am not a "proper" developer working on the improvement of the PayPal module; I am just a self-taught "amateur" programmer (used to work on the front-end, with HTML\CSS\JS rather than PHP) trying to solve my employer's problem. My priority is to make my employer's online store work, focusing on the CMS and module versions he is using (PrestaShop 1.6.0.4 - PayPal 3.10.x). I am happy to share my results - if any - but please do not expect from me a solution that works with every version; as soon as I find a solution that works "for me", I will have to do other jobs.

Thank you very much the contribution Severio.Cannilla.

I am not a programmer and I do not understand this, but I really appreciate your work for a possible solution to my problem with paypal with rounding and decimals. I know that you are not the programmer of the module and that is why your work has more merit.

Do you have the 3.10.x paypal module? I would like to try with him and your changes.
Thank you very much

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting the files; I've been very busy this morning.

As you can see from the attached file, my version of the PayPal module is 3.11.1 (not 3.10.x, as I wrote last week - apologies for the mistake).

Best regards,

Saverio

@FerrA and @charlie75, could you update us on the result of your tests, please?

Thanks,

Saverio

v3.11.1-paypal-modified.zip

Good afternoon Everybody,

I finally had the chance to set-up a paypal sandbox environment for testing and, after a final review to the code, I think I finally managed to make everything work as wanted (hurray!).

I made a couple of tests, including one with a discounted product and all transactions went smoothly, witout generating any payment error.

I attached the file to this message, please feel free to use (it should replace "/modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php") and let me know whether you have any problem with it.

NOTE: the code has been tested on PrestaShop 1.6.1.11 with PayPal 3.11.1

Best regards,

Saverio

process.php

process.txt

Good morning.

I appreciate your work very much, but in my case it does not work. Or it's by the Prestashop version or I have a different configuration. I was hoping that with your modifications, which take the amounts directly from the cart, will solve my problem with the rounding that the paypal module does and eliminate the problems of rounding and decimals that drag the module of paypal long time ago .

From what I read, the errors I get when you install your modifications, refer to a decimal problem (10426, 10431, 10413).

Thank you for sharing your contributions saverio.cannilla.

Good morning.

I appreciate your work very much, but in my case it does not work. Or it's by the Prestashop version or I have a different configuration. I was hoping that with your modifications, which take the amounts directly from the cart, will solve my problem with the rounding that the paypal module does and eliminate the problems of rounding and decimals that drag the module of paypal long time ago .

From what I read, the errors I get when you install your modifications, refer to a decimal problem (10426, 10431, 10413).

Thank you for sharing your contributions saverio.cannilla.

If you want, I can try to have a look at it when I have some spare time; can you post a screenshot of the error and specify the version of your PrestaShop installation and PayPal module, please?

Best regards,

Saverio

--- ADDENDUM ---

Please also consider I have not even tried to develop a "universal" solution; everything I did is very focused on my emplyer's shop and it needs:

• display all prices - products, shipping and discounts - without VAT
  • same VAT for all products and for the shipping
  • display a total VAT for the entire whole order (including shipping)

If you have different needs, maybe my solution can provide a strating point for your own customization but would not work "as-it-is".

Thank you very much for everything saverio.cannilla.
In my case I have all prices and discounts without VAT and the same VAT for products and discounts and shows grouped the VAT of products and transport.
I have already managed to solve the problem thanks to the contribution of another colleague (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/492181-ayuda-importe-cobrado-paypal-no-coincide-con-importe-pedido/?do=findComment&comment=2496865) who has extracted the solution from the blog of prestamarketing.com.
Https://prestamarketing.com/blog/bug-arreglado-pedidos-pagados-paypal-dan-error-pedido-prestashop/
Here they have hit the spot with the rounding and the decimals and that is exactly what happened to me. I have tried with several cases in which paypal made it bad for many euros and now makes it perfect. Even with an order I had today in which there was a difference of 3 centimos and now it does well.
Thank you very much for your work, effort and dedication.

• Like 1

That's great! May I ask, which version of PrestaShop are you using? In your PrestaShop General Preferences, how have you set your "round mode" and "round type"? Which version of PayPal are you using?

Thank you!

Hi @Nixnix,

building on the solution posted by @savan, I too have managed to solve the issue... although I had to give up displaying the detailed product list on the PayPal page.

The main difference between my file and the solution posted by @savan is that, instead of reading directly from the cart only the total for the products, I do the same also for all dicounts and vauchers, the wrapping and the shipping. Furthermore I work with prices without VAT and add a "total taxes" at the end, therefore I removed all roundings but the very last for the "grand total".

I attached my modified version of "/modules/paypal/express_checkout/process.php" to this post; feel free to use it, if you want (you will have to modify lines 328, 357, 379 to match your language or preferences). I put that file onto my production server last week; since then I had a few PayPal transactions, all succesful.

For what concerns my store settings, we use the recommended "round up away from zero..." as round mode and "round on each line" as round type. 

process.php

That's great! May I ask, which version of PrestaShop are you using? In your PrestaShop General Preferences, how have you set your "round mode" and "round type"? Which version of PayPal are you using?

Thank you!

Hi Nixnix

The version of Prestasop I use is 1.6.1.7 and paypal 3.11.1.

The rounding I use is rounding up if it has exceeded half (recommended) and total.

I'm so glad it worked.

This may be a red herring, but.....

We have two sites that are set up identically. Rounding the same on both. One site works fine, the other occasionally throws this payment error because PayPal has taken a different amount.

I have scoured all the financial and paypal settings and all are identical.

Except this:

In the currency set up, the site that works has "spacing" on. The site that has an occasional problem does not have "spacing" on. I have no idea what "spacing" means.

I have switched it on, and we now wait and see. But perhaps those with problem could check this setting and report back if it is "on" or "off"

This may be a red herring, but.....

We have two sites that are set up identically. Rounding the same on both. One site works fine, the other occasionally throws this payment error because PayPal has taken a different amount.

I have scoured all the financial and paypal settings and all are identical.

Except this:

In the currency set up, the site that works has "spacing" on. The site that has an occasional problem does not have "spacing" on. I have no idea what "spacing" means.

I have switched it on, and we now wait and see. But perhaps those with problem could check this setting and report back if it is "on" or "off"

Ah well. Not this. Another payment error today. just really weird how this is just on onesite

back to the drawing board

haylau did you checked if in the order there was some kind of discont?

I also have different sites, in one of them the problem appear when ther is a cart discont with a percentage % amount. fixed amount discounts are fine (probably because no extra rounding is involved)