Login Wholesale Site with Discounts Behind Retail Site - Possible?

Mark.G

We are wondering if Prestashop can somehow run a online retail store open to the general public AND a "wholesale" side where certain customers can login and shop for their business? 

These "wholesale customers" would have a discount (percentage off or percentage above our cost) . There could potentially be more then one discount level based on purchasing volume (Ex/ Wholesale Level 1, Wholesale Level 2, Wholesale Level 3) where the discount can increase

I see other platforms can do this easily, but haven't seen Prestashop offer this in any easy way.

Ideas?

You can have multiple customer groups with different discounts so yes you can do it. It may depend on your pricing structure though how easy it will be. A straight discount on a baseline retail price is simple - all you need to do is create the customer group and discount and then assign existing customers to these groups as appropriate.

I use customer groups and some custom coding to allow display of RRP pricing on a wholesale site, for example.

Thanks Paul!

Yeah, a simple straight percentage wont really work as it varries between products and brands.

Is there any way to have lets say another value for each group? For example, you have your standard price, but then you have wholesale level 1, wholesale level 2, etc?

Thanks Paul!

Yeah, a simple straight percentage wont really work as it varries between products and brands.

The discount can be a percentage per product per customer group. The difficulty might come if you have a lot of products to edit as you'll have to add the special pricing for each one - unless you script some sort of import (that's essentially what I do to add the rrp during an import of XML from the POS system).

You can manually edit them under the Catalog product edit page in the Prices tab (Specific Prices). I created a (misspelled!) customer group first with a discount of 0%, then went to a product:

customer-group-specific-price.jpg

For completeness this is a snippet of code I use in the import to set a specific price for a customer group:

$RRP = new SpecificPrice();
$RRP->id_product = $product->id;
$RRP->id_shop = 0;
$RRP->id_shop_group = 0;
$RRP->id_currency = 0; // All currencies
$RRP->id_country = 0; // All countries
$RRP->id_group = MembershipCard::getRRPGroup();
$RRP->id_customer = 0;
$RRP->price = (float)$feedRRP;
$RRP->from_quantity = 1;
$RRP->reduction = (float)0;
$RRP->reduction_type = 'amount';
$RRP->from = 0;
$RRP->to = 0;
$RRP->add();

In my case I fetch the group id from a static member of a class (MembershipCard) but this can just be hardcoded, of course. The reduction type i your case would be:

$RRP->reduction_type = 'percentage';

And you need to specify an amount:

$RRP->reduction = (float)0.10; // 10%

You also don't need to specify the price in your case.

Edited by Paul C (see edit history)