upgrade to 1.6.1.0 seems to have killed top level menu

rossdavidh

Hello,

I have upgraded to 1.6.1.0 from an earlier version of 1.6 (.4 I think).  As part of this, I have had to create a new theme (copied from default-bootstrap) because my old theme had a problem showing the States dropdown for the U.S.

However, now no matter what theme I use (even the old one), the top level menu does not display horizontally.  It displays vertically, with essentially no styling, and the subcategories all display as well (instead of appearing only when you hover over the main category).

I have tried clearing my cache (in the browser), turning caching off (in back office Advanced Parameters -> Performance -> Smarty, CCC, and Caching), installing an old version of the module (found here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/450918-top-horizontal-menu-broken-on-update/), and using a separate computer entirely just to make sure my browser wasn't caching in some way I didn't understand.

I also turned on Firebug, and saw no Javascript errors of any sort.

I restarted Apache just in case it was something to do with Apache caching things.

My error.log isn't showing any php errors.

Any ideas on where to look next?  Or just recommendations on a good free top menu module that actually works?

thanks,

ross

Hi, Ross,

I had the same error when changing themes. In my case it was a really easy solution: going to modules and reinitializing the menu module. It took me a long time to figure it out, though, but it worked for me. I don't know if it will help in your case.

Good luck!

Carmen

Edited by Clavinia (see edit history)
  • Like 1